OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The band just cannot win or do what they want anymore can they?,

seriously, if its released in November then people bitch about how its just being released for christmas sales and they have just sold out bla bla bla,

now the band come out saying they are in a groove and want to carry on writing to see where it takes them, say they are ready for another direction, but right away people start bitching and assuming that its because theres a problem, or they are going to overproduce, rather than just fucking beliving what someone says.

unreal, totally unreal and now i relise once again why i stopped visiting message boards so much.

a. It's not the same people making those 2 counter arguments.

b. Why do you come back and comment here if differing opinions upset you so much???

lol.

The band just cannot win or do what they want anymore can they?,

seriously, if its released in November then people bitch about how its just being released for christmas sales and they have just sold out bla bla bla,

now the band come out saying they are in a groove and want to carry on writing to see where it takes them, say they are ready for another direction, but right away people start bitching and assuming that its because theres a problem, or they are going to overproduce, rather than just fucking beliving what someone says.

unreal, totally unreal and now i relise once again why i stopped visiting message boards so much.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word of it. Something wasn't right. If they had an album ready they'd release it November.

It could be over-reading into it, or it could be true.

They might have ignored all the gushing and cut right to the criticsms....

Which, if I remember correctly, were things along the lines of comparing clip#3 to Vertigo, whcih alot of people were negative about.
Also saying how they didn't sound very innovative, etc. etc.

I don't know, but I'm starting to believe it.........

u2 are absolutely doomed if this is true.

If they are coming on interference for the direction to take their next album / sound then they should hang it up right now. Just retire. I do not want an album that it is influenced by the opinions of this or any message board.

this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. there is no way in hell they are looking to the opinions of the "experts" on this or any message board. if this were even remotely plausible (which it is absolutely not)- then why would they not leak some mp3's where you can acutally here what the songs sound like?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word of it. Something wasn't right. If they had an album ready they'd release it November.

Who said it was ready though? i mean officially?, who set November as a release date? again officially?

Who said it was ready though? i mean officially?, who set November as a release date? again officially?

I think all the hype from the band and the fact they were "seemlingly" finished and on holiday made people think it was indeed finished

That's the weird thing why did the band go on so many holidays if the album wasn't finished for November? Has Paul been sacked or something?:wink:

I wonder if this will spark a backclash among the fans and U2 go down in popularity only to come back with a vengeance with a masterpiece only rivaling Achtung Baby! :faint:

*imagination running wild* :drool::D

The news is a real surprise, but I accept U2's decision and I understand it. I had a feeling these last days that the album won't come out in 2008, because there was so little real information for this time of the year.

If it's really for creative reasons, I totally support it. In fact, I want them to do things differently this time, say "fuck you" to Christmas sales and Grammy nomination deadlines, release an album early in the year, start a tour in Europe in the summer. This would be so cool and I don't mind waiting a couple of months more for this album if it's really great. The band has to believe in it, they shouldn't push themselves. The beach clips aren't indicating anything, they may have some songs ready, but not all. I still believe it's a good sign that they are NOT pushing for a Christmas release. It would have been nice, yes, to have an album this year, but a new U2 album is certainly a good reason to be looking forward to 2009. And a double album would even be better ... I doubt it, though, but who knows.

I knew people would overreact anyway, just accept it as it is, guys.

I can't really stand to read every page of this thread right now (major headache here), but how about a show of hands: who doesn't buy this? I trust U2.com about as far as I can throw Bono.

I don't even think it's a "delay", because the November date was never confirmed, we haven't heard a confirmed album title, only rumours made up by fans and taken over by newspapers. No one said the album was finished.

So what happens to all the people who preordered NLOTH by U2 from sites that had it up for preorder with a date in November?

How can you be so sure? I'm amused at how fans think they know exactly how a band will operate. We do not know anything!

C'mon Zoot...it's that hard to believe?

24 1/2 years listening to them....that's what I'm bringing to the table.

well, for me anyways... I spoke to someone close to the band and he said 2008 and another friend of mine spoke to Ali and she said the same thing.. So as Rose said something definitely went wrong for this to change so drastically... IMO..

C'mon Zoot...it's that hard to believe?

24 1/2 years listening to them....that's what I'm bringing to the table.

Well... I mean I'm just saying they could easily still surprise us. There is no reason for them to follow a predictable pattern that fans expect.

u2 are absolutely doomed if this is true.

If they are coming on interference for the direction to take their next album / sound then they should hang it up right now. Just retire. I do not want an album that it is influenced by the opinions of this or any message board.

this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. there is no way in hell they are looking to the opinions of the "experts" on this or any message board. if this were even remotely plausible (which it is absolutely not)- then why would they not leak some mp3's where you can acutally here what the songs sound like?

Brother, maybe you are right, and maybe not.
I'm not saying anyone here is an expert.
All I'm saying is I would not be surprised if it is true.
As far as the mp3/leak idea, it's simple: if they officially put out a clear mp3 that later dramatically changed, then you would have hard evidence that they are being influenced by public opinion. With the beach clips recorded "by a fan", you've got deniability...."what, those were just demos; unfinished tracks you heard...THESE are the real tracks!"

Think what you want.....

BTW, if you think U2 does not check out these boards, I'd remind you of the ticket fiasco of 2004 and the outrage that went on here....then check out Larry's speech to fans at the grammys.....

Maybe I'm just in denial then. So many signs seemed to point to this fall. And they even reportedly took the album photography and began shooting some video... and now all of a sudden Bono's saying 2009. I want to believe he was just referring to the tour/live performances of the songs. I want to believe that U2.com just got it horribly wrong.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

believefo1.jpg

:sad:

Just think of McGuine$$'s reaction to a double album: "You mean not only are you going to release it in the spring..but your'e going to SELL TWO ALBUMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE AND A HALF?!" :scream:

It might be enough to drive him into retirement. :hyper:

Also, the Red Hot Chili Peppers put out a double last year, got some very good reviews, sold 7 million copies worldwide, and were nominated for album of the year.

I think U2 would take that.

Things don't have to go necessarily "wrong", some of you are overly fatalistic. Someone saying 2008 a year ago doesn't mean anything. The creative process is dynamic and everyhing can change within weeks. U2 have said from the beginning that they don't want to pressure themselves and just want to be creative and see where it will be leading them. They didn't come out and say: November 2008, this was just speculation. If they feel they need to take their time, so be it. If they're having so much material, hell they should release a double album instead of breaking up over the choice of songs.

Yeah, with this report of a supposed 50 or 60 songs they've cooked up, it would be a little bit disappointing if all we got when it's said and done is the typical 11 track LP.

Last edited:
BTW, if you think U2 does not check out these boards, I'd remind you of the ticket fiasco of 2004 and the outrage that went on here....then check out Larry's speech to fans at the grammys.....
U2 if you're listening... STOP LISTENING TO THE CYNICS ON THIS BOARD. Yeah, some of them are friends of mine, but you have to just not listen to them! They don't like anything! You will never please them. Please just please the rest of us. Don't delay the album any further :sad:

I'll bake you cookies if the album is out this fall! Any kind you like, just swing by my place here in Kentucky and get them :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom