NLOTH 30 Second Walmart Clips - DISCUSSION THREAD - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rob,

random question,

what would you do if you could no longer say wtf?

Just wondered. :D

Haha that... and this:

...is another Rob33-ism.

:lmao:

I find this very funny...hahaha....I'm not sure Rosebud! Maybe my head would explode as I try to find a substitute reaction....:hmm:

I wasn't even aware of these "Rob33-ism's", interesting :lol:

...and yeah, Fez-Born sounds great...I'm a little annoyed that someone had to mention that it sounds like playstation video game music, cause that's what enters my mind now when I listen to this clip...but no, in all seriousness, I think it's pretty damn great, and could very well be the opening to a show :up:

i still dont like the scratchy bono voice, its all-over these 30 sec clips.
but the music it self is the Sex!

ummm....all over these clips? What are you listening to? For the most part it doesn't even sound scratchy, just surprisingly thin...

yeah seriously....wtf is up with Bono's voice...I mean it sounds great, better than Bomb, much more clear, and he hits the high notes effortlessly it seems....but there's a thinness to it that I was not expecting at all....it takes away the classic Bono epicness that we're so used to hearing...I don't know....I think these 30 second clips are veeeerrryyy deceiving in a lot of ways....I wouldn't be surprised if, when I hear the songs from start to finish, my opinion will be different. However, at this moment, Bono's vocals are not what Danny Lanois and others made it out to be...how many times did he say Bono was "singing like a bird" ?! I mean yeah it sounds great but where is the thickness and POWER that we're used to hearing....the last truly great record for Bono's voice specifically was AB, and every album after that actually got gradually a little worse each time it seems....But I was expecting NLOTH to be the next great one for BonBon....it's not happening so far....but I could very well just be fooled by these short little clips of seemingly completely random sections of each song...

AB was also the last album where they used heavy echo effects on Bono's voice throughout the whole album, no?

And I'm not musically technical or anything but weren't some earlier U2 songs sung in a lower key/register?

This stuff sounds more like Pop... Compare White as Snow to something like God Will Send his Angels-- those sound about the same. Then when you go to something like Stay, and his voice is pretty much the same again, but theres a huge echo/reverb on it so it makes his voice sound a little smoother than it actually is IMO.

To all of you who have listend to the 30 sec clips: Im very curious to know if the guitar riff in this clip is on the album, time 2:25 to 3:35 in this clip(time on youtube player not the player in the movie):
YouTube - U2 work for the new album in Fez by U2Place.com

That riff does not show up in the 30 second clips, however it did show up in another "making of" video that was released yesterday. I still think its the intro to NLOTH.

Wow, I ignore the site for one day and I miss this???

No Line On The Horizon - Surreal. I had no idea it would sound that pretty.
Magnificent - Pretty much the same as the beach clip. More prominent drums. That's about it.
Moment Of Surrender - 30 seconds of a 7 minute, 30 second song. Hard to say. The organ sounded cool. It's just the kind I enjoy.
Unknown Caller - Very interesting, but I couldn't tell much from it.
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - '00s U2 defined. Meh.
Get On Your Boots - Listened to compare sound quality to the current MP3. Wasn't impressed by what walmart is offering, but whatever.
Stand Up Comedy - Very, very nice. That one riff everyone was getting excited about from the U2.com clips was indeed put to use.
Fez - Being Born - See Unknown Caller.
White As Snow - Reminds me of Heartland. Awesome.
Breathe - Same as the beach clip. In other words...fucking fuck yeah.
Cedars Of Lebanon - Reminds me of the MDH soundtrack. Again, awesome.

:hyper:

I hear absolutely nothing wrong with Magnificent, based on that clip, but I'm a little disappointed. I really don't want it to be that upbeat all the way through, I guess. There's a time and a place for that, and I don't think it suits Magnificent's melody particularly well.

One particular time and place for this is Breathe, which I'm SO glad still rocks the fuck out. For me, that's a relief. I didn't want them to change a thing about it.

I think it's one of them masterpiece album !!!
This is just great !!!
NLOTH one of the best work
Moment of Surrender seems like Passengers, but great one
Magnificent-- great drum work ....& Guitar don talk .. loll
I would Love to hear this live -- I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight.
after 24 sec. guitar is great!( for 30 sec preview)
& with this -- Stand up comedy -- The Edge can do anything what ever he want. this would be great solo guitar work for live !!
FEZ-Being Born --sound like Batman theme !!!
Breathe -- I'll wait for the full song ... No'cmt
Cedars Of Lebanon -- I don think they play this live.... cause I don want to hear If You Wear That Velvet Dress again , loll
that's all folks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom