New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially in LOVE with clip No. 4, only love or whatever it's called, beautiful vocals and guitar, such a shame the quality isn't better.

song 4 is THE SONG!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I love the slide guitar part and bono's voice at the end.

song 1 is very very cool ballad too... oh oh ohhhhh!!

These clips are great quality! I really like all of them, from what I hear. They don't sound too different than HTDAAB or ATYCLB, but they do vary a bit. I can tell that song 4 is a bit more "dense" than the stuff from the past two records though. All in all I like what I hear.

That chanting chorus in clip 1 is going to be awesome on the album and ESPECIALLY live. I mean, can you imagine a stadium full of people yelling along to that thing? Brilliant.

I'm liking these clips a fair amount so far. Not getting too excited, since they are just-barely-audible beach clips, but I've certainly got a renewed interest in the upcoming album. Sounds like it could potentially be their best album since Zooropa. That in itself would be quite a feat, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, ATYCLB had its moments, and I thought HTDAAB showed some real promise despite a kind of stagnant feel to the production and cheesy lyrics (not to mention the fact that is WAS basically just a collection of singles), but these songs feel like they could really work as part of a whole artistic statement that could make up a cohesive album. And that's what has me the most excited.:)

the songs sound really good - song 1 and 4 have a majestic feel to them. the only thing i fear are bad lyrics, which could really make or break them - especially the big chorus in song 1. who knows what they are saying? if it doesn't include the words "heart" and "love," i'll be happy

Around 23 seconds of clip two:
"So why would I invite a stranger into my home?"

sounds like an angry type of song? or at least some attitude.

song 4 is THE SONG!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I love the slide guitar part and bono's voice at the end.

song 1 is very very cool ballad too... oh oh ohhhhh!!

hard to tell but for me the vibe on Song 4 is fantastic Track 3 also has a really cool 60's feel Tracks 1 and 2 sound promising Mike

Listened to them all once through. Fantastic stuff! :combust:

Now to try not to listen to them again until the album......:shifty:

That chanting chorus in clip 1 is going to be awesome on the album and ESPECIALLY live. I mean, can you imagine a stadium full of people yelling along to that thing? Brilliant.

I'm liking these clips a fair amount so far. Not getting too excited, since they are just-barely-audible beach clips, but I've certainly got a renewed interest in the upcoming album. Sounds like it could potentially be their best album since Zooropa. That in itself would be quite a feat, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, ATYCLB had its moments, and I thought HTDAAB showed some real promise despite a kind of stagnant feel to the production and cheesy lyrics (not to mention the fact that is WAS basically just a collection of singles), but these songs feel like they could really work as part of a whole artistic statement that could make up a cohesive album. And that's what has me the most excited.:)

Agree about HTDAAB - a collection of songs, some great some not so.....but still made for a fantastic live experience I really do hope the new songs hang together as a collection Mike

Listened to them all once through. Fantastic stuff! :combust:

Now to try not to listen to them again until the album......:shifty:

:lol: yes, I am in the 5th loop right now... let's see how many times this beach clips will sound until next better quality leak :hmm:

The intro of track 1 sounds really otherworldly. It's hard to pick out much besides the chord structure of it though, thanks to the bass, which stands out very clearly.

Track 2 (Walk Out Into The Streets) is more badass than anything on Bomb. I'm liking it. Bono was also talk-singing for a little bit there.

I can't hear #3 very well...the bass is burying the sound a bit. What I can hear sounds really manic and heavy.

Hmm...well, this is all very different from Bomb, but probably not as innovative as some of the 90's freaks may be hoping for. There's a really pretty string section (maybe a guitar? the quality is pretty poor) on track 4 that I'm definitely enjoying, and Bono's voice sounds awesome.

Rough release date? Check.
Track descriptions of the finished songs? Check.
Very recent beach clips? Check.

Guys...the album is imminent. :hyper:

man, guess I'm late on the sending :lol:

I've kind of been listening to these clips all day :reject: I love them all. my favourite is definitely #2. #3 surprisingly is my least favourite, but I still dig it.

I've kind of been listening to these clips all day :reject: I love them all. my favourite is definitely #2. #3 surprisingly is my least favourite, but I still dig it.

Agree on #3... I guess it needs good hifi sound and powerfull bass to enjoy better. But man... I repeat myself but song 4 is the best I have listened from U2 in loooong time. It is pure U2, and bono and the edge as its best!!!!

It's all about the solo on #1. OH MY GOD. That is seriously the best soloing Edge has done on an album since Achtung Baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom