The Temple Bar - Making a pre-emptive strike... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:
1/2 a fortune is plenty!

lies.

never got the whole coffee thing. can't drink that or tea. hot chocolate is about the only one I can drink and that's hardly ever. I feel like I'm missing out at morning meetings when I'm stuck with a bottle of water and everyone else has trendy cups :angry:

snowbunny00774 said:

never got the whole coffee thing. can't drink that or tea.

Are you sure you're Irish? :wink:
It was the Irish who got me into tea. They served it to me like 4 times every day. Now I can't have black tea without milk and honey.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've been drinkin' coffee with ginsing and all that other good crap in it lately.

partialy for health, partialy to see if i can get myself so hyper that my heart explodes.

Risk taker.

I have been drinking that Pepsi Max stuff right before school in the evenings so I don't fall headfirst into my books. It seems to be working so far.

Hi elfa. How bout them Leafs? ;)

I am listening to the worst salesman in the world making the most awful sales call ever heard. I feel bad for him but worse for the person on the other end of it. Ugh. "You said, you wanted, um...you have a daughter? How old is she?"

UberBeaver said:
I am listening to the worst salesman in the world making the most awful sales call ever heard. I feel bad for him but worse for the person on the other end of it. Ugh. "You said, you wanted, um...you have a daughter? How old is she?"

oh man, the akward sales pitch... that's not good for anybody.

UberBeaver said:

Sales Guy: "You said, you wanted, um...you have a daughter? How old is she?"

Customer: "17, she's graduating in June"

Sales Guy: "You're a pretty good looking lady, does your daughter take after you in the looks department?"

Customer: "Uh, yeah I guess..."

Sales Guy: "Sweet, when does she turn 18"

Customer: "In May...I mean what does..."

Sales Guy: "Nice, please send me an invite to the party! OK, so you were saying you needed 4 pallets of....hello? Rhonda, are you still there?"

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
The customer lady is now yelling at him and he responded with a "I'm only trying to save you money" line.

Reg - you should be the trainer here.

Dude your company would be "racking" up the sales...:yes:

Only trying to save you money...weak. You need to use words like 'fiscally responsible" or "return on your bottom line"...amateur...:tsk:

Ooooooh boy. My mom is PISSED.

We just had this new stove/oven and microwave put in, they look all sleek and shiny with all sorts of fun buttons.

Well, I put in a bag of popcorn, it was in the microwave spinning on the little table, but not a kernel popped. The new microwave doesn't freaking work.

So now she's on the phone with some person in India telling her they can't get a repairman out until January 29th :ohmy:

2 weeks without a microwave in this house? My parents may as well starve (thankfully I'm going back to school this weekend)

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Dude your company would be "racking" up the sales...:yes:

Only trying to save you money...weak. You need to use words like 'fiscally responsible" or "return on your bottom line"...amateur...:tsk:

Or ... "Have you ever thought of being one of the buns in a multi-generational flesh sandwich?"

That's always worked well for me. Well, twice I mean.

So, I'm pretty excited right now. My wife's birthday is in March and our 5 year anniversary is in May, but I'm giving her one of her presents tonight. Here it is:

rebel_xt_586x225.jpg

She's wanted a nicer camera for a couple of years, but is too cheap to buy it for herself. So, I'm getting it for her now so she can have a good camera to capture Lily's first couple of months better.

Then for her B-day I've enrolled us both in a photography class. I'll hate it, but I know she will like to do it together.

Then for the anniversary, I'm gonna surprise her with a trip to San Fran. She can use the camera to make me look cool at Alcatraz.

Yeah, in the end its all about me.

Narcissism FTW!

Cannon is a fantastic brand - you can't go too wrong with one of those. I'm saving up for a new camera right now. I'm not too sure on which one just yet, but I want something a hell of a lot better than the one I've got right now.

97, Bar.

My mom's pissed at me for driving home today instead of leaving the car and calling her for a ride home.

Back
Top Bottom