The Temple Bar - Making a pre-emptive strike... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thora

Blue Crack Supplier
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

templebar.jpg

Sorry about the football losses. I have no clue about anything in that sport.

I prefer hockey. Which reminds me, there's a game coming up this afternoon. Excellent.

I have no problems seeing the puck. I guess it's easy for me, since I've been watching hockey since I was a baby. It's a way of life for most Canadians.

I think it's a fascinating game - it's very fast paced and can be very exciting and violent. I grew up watching it. I'm sure the same is true for those of you who watch football.

I seem to remember that at one point on American stations that televised hockey, they had a neon outline around the puck to help you see it better. I'm not sure how long that lasted, or if it even worked.

U2democrat said:
I don't understand how people can watch hockey on TV. How do you keep up with it?

It's easy - especially if you're watching a network that actually knows how to broadcast it *coughCBCcough*... and doesn't try to 'help' by adding a microchip inside a puck so that their viewers can follow a dot on their tv screens *coughFOXcough*

Not any harder than following basketball or football, really :wink: Though for someone in a more southern state where hockey isn't a part of winter I imagine it's harder :)

(And I've been resisting but I have to...

You may think you Yankees are better than us Canucks, but we don't need no microchips inside our hockey pucks...
/Arrogant Worms)

Last edited:
:lol:

So this is how the phone conversation between my sister and I just went down (she's a HUGE Indianapolis fan and they just lost their playoff game):

Me: Hey.........
Her: ....Are you sure you want to talk to me?
Me: I wanted to make sure you were OK.
Her: I'm just kind of in a state of shock right now.
Both of us: :sigh:................................................*stunned silence*

Ah, the things sports will do to people :wink:

Pretty much. He whines whenever Dallas gets a penalty or whatever and goes on and on about how amazing they are when they're playing well.

Joe Buck does the play by play and I :heart: him (and his dad who was the announcer for the St. Louis Cardinals, my favorite sports team).

Troy does OK when he's not commentating on Dallas or Washington games. But right now he's just annoying.

You do realize that if the Cowboys lose all the blame is going to be placed on Tony Romo's love life and not the team's actual play, right? :wink:

U2democrat said:
I hate it when Troy Aikmen commentates Dallas games (his old team). He's so biased! :angry:

The worst is that he announces every Dallas-Philly game and he DESPISES Philly.

Eleven sacks ... let it go, Troy. Just let it go.

hey - new cereal for 2008 I just heard about (sorry for non Premium members)

Attachments

• kelloggs flakes.jpg
    kelloggs flakes.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 54
U2democrat said:

You know how Philly fans are notorious for being hateful?

Imagine that times two. That's me and Terrell Owens. If I met that man in person, I'd tell him to go fuck himself, despite the fact that he could kick my ass (hey, even I'll admit the man is dedicated - he lifts weights on his front lawn).

So many great posts to respond to!

Lila-Love the cereal :up:

Drea-Best headline ever

Pfan-I think the best way to drive TO nuts is to ignore him and not give him attention. Though, if you were to confront him, I'd be on your side :up:

U2democrat said:
Pfan-I think the best way to drive TO nuts is to ignore him and not give him attention. Though, if you were to confront him, I'd be on your side :up:

I agree entirely. In fact, I wish we as a group of fans would turn our backs when he got announced every game in Philly instead of booing him.

Back
Top Bottom