The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We get holidays, and we also get out of school on June 20th, so ... take your pick.

:angry: We get seven days for winter break, five days for spring break, and about nine other holidays. We have 182 days of school.

Every summer for the past eight years they've done construction on one of the district's schools, so they've been starting after Labor Day to give that a little more time.

It's supposed to be 180, as that's the requirement for the state, but in the strike negotiations five years ago, the teacher's salaries went up only if they added a day every two years for 22 years. So, next year it will be 183, in three years 184 ... all the way up to 191.

phillyfan26 said:
Every summer for the past eight years they've done construction on one of the district's schools, so they've been starting after Labor Day to give that a little more time.

It's supposed to be 180, as that's the requirement for the state, but in the strike negotiations five years ago, the teacher's salaries went up only if they added a day every two years for 22 years. So, next year it will be 183, in three years 184 ... all the way up to 191.

Dear Lord!!!!! :ohmy: You may as well go to the year-round system!

We get two and a half months for summer, essentially.

College cannot come fucking soon enough.

I've no idea. Penn State is going to be on my list, other than that, I'm really not sure.

i visited temple before, that was pretty cool. so is swarthmore. i love vt with all my heart, but learning about higher ed made me realize how great smaller schools are. that's why i've got my eyes set on a small private school for my doctoral. the benefits of the smaller community are just amazing. my grad prog at vt was very small, just 12 students in my cohort. i thrived in that community and got much higher grades than when i was just a number in undergrad

Last edited:
There's an absurd number of colleges around here. It's obtuse, really. Fucking unbelievable. Off the top of my head:

Temple
Villanova
Drexel
Philadelphia
St. Joe's
LaSalle
Penn
Swarthmore
West Chester
Kutztown
Ursinus
Lehigh
Cabrini
Jefferson
Holy Family
Bryn Mawr
Immaculata
Rowan
Cheyney

And that's just off the top of my head.

you know pfan, not that i endorse pittsburgh (it is the city i dislike the most ever in the entire world, and i've been to gary, indiana!) but i will say that being a 4.5 hour drive from my parents' home definitely had it's benefits! my brother went to college about 1.5 hours away, and they went to visit him about twice a month.

Penn State would be perfect in that sense: about 25% of my graduating class will go there, it's one of the top party schools, and it's four hours away: not too long, but long enough that it will keep the parents home most of the time.

unico said:
it hates me. these sort of things have to be initiated you know, and usually i'm not the initiator. we're not on speaking terms anymore.

I think Pittsburgh is very underrated. It's got a horrible reputation, but it's actually a nice city, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom