Tear It Up (On Our Worst Behavior) by Immature & The CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the movie? It was so great. :lmao:

Straight forward comedy doesn't appeal to me that much.

Yeah, I just saw it over the summer. :lol:

It depends. A lot of comedy I hear now isn't funny to me at all. I tend to like a lot of sarcasm too, which probably has something to do with my own tendency to be sarcastic all the time. :wink:

Yeah, I just saw it over the summer. :lol:

It depends. A lot of comedy I hear now isn't funny to me at all. I tend to like a lot of sarcasm too, which probably has something to do with my own tendency to be sarcastic all the time. :wink:

:lmao: I loved the In The Air Tonight memories.

That would do it. :wink:

Right now I'm doing tons of conversions. This is so boring. :lol:

:lmao: I loved the In The Air Tonight memories.

That would do it. :wink:

Right now I'm doing tons of conversions. This is so boring. :lol:

:lol: Those were great!

:yes: It probably would. I think sarcasm is an art though, and I can appreciate when others use it perfectly. :wink:

:down: Conversions for what?

The English system (ours) to S.I. (metric basically). Next I have to figure out the time in different places based on longitude. :lol:

Bleh, I never liked doing conversions at all. :lol:

I'm reading about making voting compulsory in the U.S. to boost turnout. I'm not sure which is better...:wink:

I can say that making voting mandatory is kind of silly to me. I can see why people would want to do it, but it takes away the freedom of choosing to vote or not. Even if I'd rather that everyone vote, I'm not going to try to force them to do it. :shrug:

I can say that making voting mandatory is kind of silly to me. I can see why people would want to do it, but it takes away the freedom of choosing to vote or not. Even if I'd rather that everyone vote, I'm not going to try to force them to do it. :shrug:

Yeah, I agree. If you force people to vote, you're bringing in people who haven't tried to educate themselves and that don't have any desire to vote in the first part.

Yeah, I agree. If you force people to vote, you're bringing in people who haven't tried to educate themselves and that don't have any desire to vote in the first part.

:yes: The person who is writing this article is trying to argue that if we get 90% of the eligible voters out to vote, then the state of American elections is all good. :lol: It's not like having 90% of people voting or 60% is making the election results any more legitimate or true than the other.

:yes: The person who is writing this article is trying to argue that if we get 90% of the eligible voters out to vote, then the state of American elections is all good. :lol: It's not like having 90% of people voting or 60% is making the election results any more legitimate or true than the other.

The problem with what he is saying is that only two states can split their electoral votes. So there won't be a big difference in my opinion. If all states split those votes then he might have a point but as it is now the results would be the same.

The problem with what he is saying is that only two states can split their electoral votes. So there won't be a big difference in my opinion. If all states split those votes then he might have a point but as it is now the results would be the same.

:yes: The response to that point in the article: It doesn't matter what the result would be, only the way that we get there. :lol:

I can't wait to tear this thing apart in my paper. :hyper: I'm using it as the opposition to my stance, which is that voter turnout in the U.S. is currently in an acceptable state. :lol:

:yes: The response to that point in the article: It doesn't matter what the result would be, only the way that we get there. :lol:

I can't wait to tear this thing apart in my paper. :hyper: I'm using it as the opposition to my stance, which is that voter turnout in the U.S. is currently in an acceptable state. :lol:

:lol: That's a great response.

I also think that getting everyone to vote would create more dumbed down politics which is the opposite of what we need.

:lol: That's a great response.

I also think that getting everyone to vote would create more dumbed down politics which is the opposite of what we need.

:yes: I mean, I do believe that everyone should vote, but obviously, if you aren't making the effort to go do it, then you don't want to, and shouldn't be made to.

It's such a complicated issue. I think we should make registering to vote and voting as easy as possible, but we just can't make people do it. I think election day registration should be allowed in all 50 states for that reason. :up:

I have to run to class though, I'll be back in a little bit. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom