All the Wine...is all for me and the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good, we went out for dinner but then I started feeling sick again :(

Also bought tickets for NXNE, and we were given four instead of two :lol: Wanna come up to Toronto for a free festival Cassie?:wink:

Aw, that's too bad. Have you been sick lately?

I honestly would love to, if I had money to spare for transportation up to Toronto. I've never been there, and what better excuse than going to a music festival with two awesome people? :wink: They really sent you two extra tickets though? :lol:

I`m great,but tired :yawn: I`m listening to this dude named Hawk Nelson,he has some super awsome music. I didn't realize how good he was...

It is taking me so freaking long to get out of the 12,000 mark in my posts :banghead:

Cool, I'm listening to a live show by The National now, probably going to put on some live Radiohead after that.

:lol: Me too, actually. I feel like I've been hovering around the same count for awhile now.

Back. I'm doing pretty good, not perfect, but good.

Also...I'm....I'm kinda addicted to Dave Matthews Band >_>

Yeah, thanks to my new addiction to listening to new albums + napster + 9 years of pent up wanting to liking DMB, it finally all took its toll. I love the new album, I can't get the Bridge...thing from Funny the Way it Is out of my head, it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

:up: I've never really gotten into them either. I went through a minor DMB phase in high school, but it waned pretty quickly. But, I have always heard they're a fantastic live band.

I really liked the review Cassie. :up: One of the greatest advantages of living in the midwest or mideast in your case :wink:, is being able to use the "you might not think *insert city or state* when it comes to *insert pretty much anything*." :D

Awesome, thanks! :lol: It's true, and I really do get that pretty much every time I bring up hip-hop in Minnesota. People just don't believe it.

:up: I've never really gotten into them either. I went through a minor DMB phase in high school, but it waned pretty quickly. But, I have always heard they're a fantastic live band.

Everyday came out right when I got obsessed with music, specifically, music videos. So I was a big singles person, cause I just loved watching Vh1 and MTV all day. The video for I Did It just kicked so much ass, even though I hate the song, that I got really interested in the band, and I picked up a few singles, and ever since then, I've always been keen on hearing their new singles, but I never did pick up an album.

When I got Napster, one of the first things I went to do was listen to their albums, but DAMN IT, they weren't there! BUT! When Big Whiskey came out, they finally put MOST of them up, so I finally got real into them. Or at least pretty into them. I'm working on it lol.

As for them being a great live band...hoooo yeah. I've not even seen them live in person yet, but I spent three hours this afternoon watching a live concert they put on for Fuse, and man, jaw dropping.

Everyday came out right when I got obsessed with music, specifically, music videos. So I was a big singles person, cause I just loved watching Vh1 and MTV all day. The video for I Did It just kicked so much ass, even though I hate the song, that I got really interested in the band, and I picked up a few singles, and ever since then, I've always been keen on hearing their new singles, but I never did pick up an album.

When I got Napster, one of the first things I went to do was listen to their albums, but DAMN IT, they weren't there! BUT! When Big Whiskey came out, they finally put MOST of them up, so I finally got real into them. Or at least pretty into them. I'm working on it lol.

As for them being a great live band...hoooo yeah. I've not even seen them live in person yet, but I spent three hours this afternoon watching a live concert they put on for Fuse, and man, jaw dropping.

Yep, that's the album that I listened to a lot when it first came out.

My sister saw them last summer, and that's what she said too, just absolutely incredible on stage.

Yep, that's the album that I listened to a lot when it first came out.

My sister saw them last summer, and that's what she said too, just absolutely incredible on stage.

I LOVE me some Space Between :drool:

That's one of the big reasons why I keep coming back to them, my love for Springsteen. Live, there are a LOT of parallels, though, Bruce and Co. don't often break out into jam sessions :uhoh:

I LOVE me some Space Between :drool:

That's one of the big reasons why I keep coming back to them, my love for Springsteen. Live, there are a LOT of parallels, though, Bruce and Co. don't often break out into jam sessions :uhoh:

"...and the space between..." I know the rest of the melody, not the words though. :lol:

But, how awesome would it be if they did?!? :wink:

"...and the space between..." I know the rest of the melody, not the words though. :lol:

But, how awesome would it be if they did?!? :wink:

Look at us spinning out in
The madness of a roller coaster
You know you went off like a devil
In a church in the middle of a crowded room
All we can do, my love
Is hope we don't take this ship down

:love: lol

Oh man, they used to do it a lot in the 70s. And they did do a 15 minute performance of Mary's Place at the last show I was at, but, man, DMB was breaking out into extended solos during almost every song lol.

I think stereotypes involving the music of an area are often wrong in reality. Would you agree?

Oh, definitely. Certain areas basically always have genres that are more prevalent, but most types of music show up everywhere. I mean, talking specifically about hip-hop in Minnesota/the Midwest at large, it has to do a lot with racial perceptions of hip-hop, and the view that Minnesota isn't "black," and therefore doesn't have hip-hop coming from it. Of course, that's just not true, and though the hip-hop scene in Minnesota is a very white-dominated scene, it shows how diverse hip-hop is more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom