Tear It Up (On Our Worst Behavior) by Immature & The CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND then she also has this thing for always bringing up things I don't even want to talk about. Every few weeks she goes into one of her "How are you and John?" question periods. :no:

:lol: My mom does that too. Except not with boys, cause she's just learned not to ask. :wink:

Not in the strictly romantic sense. I think a soulmate can be a great friend too and I don't think you're restricted to one. :)

I would agree with that. There have definitely been friends of mine that I would consider soulmates. And, yeah, I don't think you're restricted to one, but I like the idea of there being a perfect person for you too. :hmm:

:up:

Here goes then...

So lately I've been thinking a lot about relationships and all of that, and I'm curious, do you believe in soulmates?

I kinda do and kinda don't..well, not in the sense that there's just one person out there for everyone. I think there's people we know we could be with forever and people that are better matches with us than others...but nothing is perfect and nothing is that simple and there doesn't necessarily have to be just one person who could be your "perfect" match. I think relationships take a lot of work no matter what, even if you really are perfect for each other. Well, at least that's what I've experienced in my own life. Do I consider my boyfriend my soulmate? Yeah I do. But I think it's something that happens over time...it's hard to know if you're really "meant" to be with someone no matter what or if things just work out the way they do because you love them that much and you're willing to put that much effort into the relationship.

I kinda do and kinda don't..well, not in the sense that there's just one person out there for everyone. I think there's people we know we could be with forever and people that are better matches with us than others...but nothing is perfect and nothing is that simple and there doesn't necessarily have to be just one person who could be your "perfect" match. I think relationships take a lot of work no matter what, even if you really are perfect for each other. Well, at least that's what I've experienced in my own life. Do I consider my boyfriend my soulmate? Yeah I do. But I think it's something that happens over time...it's hard to know if you're really "meant" to be with someone no matter what or if things just work out the way they do because you love them that much and you're willing to put that much effort into the relationship.

:yes: It's not that simple, you're right. And, I think you're right about relationships always being work too. I think some are less so than others, and that probably has to do with how well the two people fit together.

I would agree with that. There have definitely been friends of mine that I would consider soulmates. And, yeah, I don't think you're restricted to one, but I like the idea of there being a perfect person for you too. :hmm:

Maybe because there are so many ways to not meet one person, that in life there are many of them. :)

Maybe because there are so many ways to not meet one person, that in life there are many of them. :)

:hmm:

Maybe in a way, you're always looking for a sense of wholeness and fulfill that through finding others who fill those gaps, even if it's a bunch of different people with different traits.

:yes: It's not that simple, you're right. And, I think you're right about relationships always being work too. I think some are less so than others, and that probably has to do with how well the two people fit together.

That's definitely true, it really depends on the people. I mean I've had people ask me "how do you do it" and most of the time I honestly don't know. It just works. :shrug:

:hmm:

Maybe in a way, you're always looking for a sense of wholeness and fulfill that through finding others who fill those gaps, even if it's a bunch of different people with different traits.

Maybe in a way, soulmates are our heavens on Earth. Relationships that are just that magical. :)

To steal a quote from Field of Dreams...

"What is heaven like?"
"It's the place where dreams come true."

Isn't not being alone a dream shared by everyone? Like I said, maybe these magical relationships are our heavens on Earth. :)

That's definitely true, it really depends on the people. I mean I've had people ask me "how do you do it" and most of the time I honestly don't know. It just works. :shrug:

It's always interesting for me to look at relationships and how they work, especially since my parents were just a horrible example of what to do. :lol: I admire people who can make it work, whether through lots of work or just cause it works.

Maybe in a way, soulmates are our heavens on Earth. Relationships that are just that magical. :)

To steal a quote from Field of Dreams...

"What is heaven like?"
"It's the place where dreams come true."

Isn't not being alone a dream shared by everyone? Like I said, maybe these magical relationships are our heavens on Earth. :)

That's a great way of looking at it. It's true that anytime I'm with people who I would consider soulmates, it does seem like a little slice of heaven, like things are pieced together just right. :up:

So Cassie how did you ever end up knowing that you wanted to do that super cool musicology program you're in now?

So Cassie how did you ever end up knowing that you wanted to do that super cool musicology program you're in now?

Sorry I went to take a shower. :wink:

Anyway, I didn't. :lol: I came into college wanting to be a doctor and took this seminar about listening to rock and pop music. I thought it'd just be fun and an easy grade. It ended up changing my entire academic path. :lol: I ended up falling in love with analyzing music, and the rest is history I guess. :D

:wave: Cassie. Yeah I'm in and out too, doing work :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom