Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be people who not only don't think Hoppipolla is one of the most beautiful songs of our lifetime, but don't even like the song in any way.

Freaks. :no:

Hafsol :hmm: I haven't listened to that enough for some reason.

btw, I got an email saying my tickets were being mailed last Friday. :hyper:

Oh, I forgot--they made a mistake on our tickets saying they were reserved seats when it's standing GA, so they were giving people a chance to cancel and if they didn't cancel by Friday, too late, tickets were being mailed. So I bet yours are on the way, too, they just didn't need to tell you.

Whew, freak out avoided. I was going through all my deleted mails and cursing myself for having just cleared out my junk mail folder, I nearly had a Hjearto Hamattack*.

*worst Sigur Ros pun ever

So the song I love, 'Heima', is FINALLY getting released as the b-side on the 'Inn� mér syngur vitleysingur' single. Can't wait to finally have a copy of it, still can't believe they didn't put it on either the EP last year or the album.

I'd been meaning to ask, does anyone know if Olsen Olsen is about the Olsen twins? Let me know, thanks.

Beautiful song. :up:

I read Olsen Olsen is an Icelandic card game. If it's about twins, I'm thinking maybe a couple of hot guys. :sexywink:

:ohmy: My favorite song with English subtitles! Anyone seen this before? I never imagined it to be a sad song. 5:31 til the end sends me into outer space. Or maybe inner space. They didn't play this when I saw them on the last tour. It's quite possible I could be crushed beyond repair if I don't hear it in three weeks but I'm trying to be big about it.

YouTube - Sigur Ros - Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa - English subtitles

Mine shipped on Monday but I waited for you to mention yours first so as not to cause another near Hjearto Hamattack but I may have one instead if they don't show up soon.

Mine shipped on Monday but I waited for you to mention yours first so as not to cause another near Hjearto Hamattack but I may have one instead if they don't show up soon.

I appreciate your kindness. :hug:

Check your email again, mine gave me a tracking/reference number to use with USPS at the bottom of the mail. You should be able to track your tickets if it's getting close (well, as close as you can actually "track" with USPS "certified" mail).

By the way, my friends all liked the Sigur ROFL clip. :up:

Yeah, funny Sigur Ros clip. Jonsi is a master of comedy too.

Seriously though, if I were at that show I would have had no idea that he screwed up either.

I saw the mail carrier coming down my street as I was leaving on Monday and I turned around and went back and waited for her since I would have to sign for them. I had a feeling they were coming that day and sure enough, she had 'em. :happy:

I actually had to go to the Post Office to get them as I'm never home in the middle of the day. I had the notice to go pick it up for days, but never had a chance until today....

~Sigur Slacker

One should avoid going to the PO in this town as much as possible. It is not a pleasant experience. Ever.

One week from right now, I will be standing in line here and flipping out from excitement
intro2.jpg

I took a stroll around Sigur Ros' site and forum earlier this morning (like 3am...) and found out Sigur Ros are playing completely by themselves (no Amiina or any other backing instrumentalists) this tour. Also, the setlists have far more of the new album in them now. I really cannot wait, it's going to be a long week. :up:

I took a stroll around Sigur Ros' site and forum earlier this morning (like 3am...) and found out Sigur Ros are playing completely by themselves (no Amiina or any other backing instrumentalists) this tour. Also, the setlists have far more of the new album in them now. I really cannot wait, it's going to be a long week. :up:

Well I'm kind of disappointed to hear that as I really love the sensory overload of the additional players, and the new record has a lot of marching band in it, but I'm not surprised either since the new record is also their most stripped down. Either way I shall love it.

I also have Beck on Tuesday. I keep forgetting. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up on Wednesday and realize I forgot to go see Beck. What is wrong with me? Someone quick, call 911.

ETA: your SR venue looks better than mine

I have no clue where the vast majority of people actually are on here, as none of us actually use our real locations any more.

I am indeed on a new path to Helicon though. Pt. 1.

Yeah, SaltAir is in a beautiful location and looks pretty neat from the outside, but the inside is far from nice. I'm sure the music will more than make up for it though. :hyper:

Hopefully it's not cold or doesn't rain, as we may be waiting outside for a while to get a good spot.

I flat out don't care, I'd happily wait in the rain for hours.... I sent this to you already but thought I would share with everyone else (Buzzine ? The Incomparable Sigur Rós). Don't know when but when Sigur played at a Kansas venue they played during a hurricane warning.

From the reviewer: "When someone finally announced the show would continue as planned, right there in that beautiful little storm shelter of an amphitheater, I know I wasn’t the only one to think, “Okay, I could die at a Sigur Rós show and be happy.” And I wouldn’t have been wrong."

Pure awesomeness!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom