Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's true. His weight does tend to fluctuate quite a bit, though, and I seem to remember him being rather proud of his dining escapades in Bono in Conversation. Of course, it is his life, and he can do whatever he wants.

I thought he looked a bit chunky in Moncton -- I figured that they had already fulfilled all of their commitments, so it was time to let it all go to hell! He seemed entirely too excited to be done with the tour, mocking the fools against the front rail who had signs proclaiming how many shows they had been too: "35 shows? Yeah?.......me too!"

If anyone cares, Julian Lennon has taken to Twitter and Facebook to reassure us all:

For those whom are fans of Bono, the recent reports about him going to hospital with chest pains this weekend, were completely false & just the media trying to stir things up, as usual... He did, however, go for a regular check up last week, but was given the all clear! He's in fine form! ;)

making "chest pain" plural annoys me almost as much as people who say "drink the pills."

anyone here speak spanish? is there something in translating that would make it logical to assume that the english expression for taking pills is to drink them?

If I have more than one pain, is "chest pains" not accurate? (This is reading like snark, but I swear it's not - ha.)

Like, I have a pain, it goes away, I get another one ..... wouldn't you say "Hey, I'm having chest pains"?

I'd say recurring chest pain, and keep it singular. :shrug: All those pre-med courses are coming back to haunt me.

If I have more than one pain, is "chest pains" not accurate? (This is reading like snark, but I swear it's not - ha.)

Like, I have a pain, it goes away, I get another one ..... wouldn't you say "Hey, I'm having chest pains"?

like you feel a sharp stabbing pain, it goes away, then you have another one? nah, it's an ongoing thing, you can't collect them up and make them plural. you're having chest pain, it just happens to be intermittent. you can have multiple pains, it just comes out sounding like bad english when chest becomes that blatant an adjective.

or it's just a pet peeve. probably that. the pills thing, though. i'll probably snap one of these days and yell at someone PILLS ARE NOT FUCKING LIQUID YOU CANNOT DRINK THEM OMG STFU YOU FUCKING MORON. it isn't a race thing. yes, the predominantly puerto rican population around here seem(s?)-- in my grammar-rage i'm not even sure if what my verb agreement is supposed to be here now--to be the biggest offenders. which is why i was wondering if it's a translation thing. hell, if you literally translate take a shower from russian you get something like i accept the shower. and that has lance's mom written all over it (how was that joke, golden?). but plenty of other shapes, sizes, colors, and tax brackets of ignoramuses use "drink" to describe taking medication. is it as simple as someone once handed them a pill in a cup and said "take this," that makes them think that you drink it?

don't get me started on people who say "o2 stat." i'm sure none of this should irritate me as much as it does, but it drives me up the wall.

/nerdrage

I'd never heard the gripe about chest pain vs chest pains. Thank goodness you guys are here to clear that up before I said it out loud in the company of someone who would laugh at me.

"I'm having chest pains!"

"HURR DURR YOU MEAN CHEST PAIN!"

"Call 911 and go fuck yourself."

I have no idea what you're talking about with the pill thing, though. Is it a thing where people talk about "drinking" pills?

I'd never heard the gripe about chest pain vs chest pains. Thank goodness you guys are here to clear that up before I said it out loud in the company of someone who would laugh at me.

"I'm having chest pains!"

"HURR DURR YOU MEAN CHEST PAIN!"

"Call 911 and go fuck yourself."

I have no idea what you're talking about with the pill thing, though. Is it a thing where people talk about "drinking" pills?

:lol: i'm pretty sure most people don't actually care. i wonder what shouter and laz think, they care more about everything than the rest of us, no?

this is a pretty frequent occurrence at work:
"what kind of medications do you take?"

(random family member comes rushing over with a bunch of bottles, because apparently patients themselves aren't allowed to answer questions, only overbearing family members can) "he drinks this one for depression, and he drinks these for blood pressure."

they aren't liquid. you do not drink them.

i'm a big fan of "the sugar diabetes," myself. i might have told someone once oh, it's a good thing you don't have the salt diabetes. cos that stuff will kill you. i'm an asshole.

He was totally balling at the end of 40.
oh really?
bonoball.png

i'm sorry, i have a problem. :reject:

i'm a big fan of "the sugar diabetes," myself. i might have told someone once oh, it's a good thing you don't have the salt diabetes. cos that stuff will kill you. i'm an asshole.
that's hilarious. if saying that makes you an asshole then i don't know what i am for laughing at it.

patients themselves aren't allowed to answer questions, only overbearing family members can
This made me laugh, hard.

Ha, that's awesome. My grandmother always said she had sugar diabeetus. I remember being a little kid and asking what other kinds of diabetes there was and getting a blank stare, then being told to shut up.

corianderstem said:
Sugar Diabetes sounds like a candy.

form the company that brought you chocolate lungs and gummy livers, in stores now!

Ha!

So I'm listening to the audio from the Slane show, and Out of Control was on, and I know Bono's kind of morphed the lyrics of the chorus, and something something spirit, blah blah soul .... they were even more nebulous sounding at this show.

I swear I mishead it today as "You got chocolate ... on my soul!"

Danny Boy said:
There actually is a condition called diabetes insipidus where the kidneys lose the ability to concentrate urine, unrelated to blood sugar.

Interference Insipidus is a condition where its posters lose the ability to concentrate thoughts into creating good threads.

Back
Top Bottom