Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect I should've gone to the concert though. Went to a friends batchelor party and they were all pretty drunk. The bouncer kicked a friend out before we even got in and I felt the need to stick up for him (the bouncer was being really fucking rude). Apparently they don't take kindly to being called cunts. Cutting my losses and heading home early. I'm not a pseudo-tough guy, I just thought he was being very ignorant and overly aggressive

Regarding the Lips, I really enjoyed Soft Bulletin, but was heavily disappointed in Yoshimi.

Cobbler, I actually really like the Needledrop guy. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I have found a lot of great albums through him that are not reviewed by the usual suspects, e.g. Pitchfork.

In retrospect I should've gone to the concert though. Went to a friends batchelor party and they were all pretty drunk. The bouncer kicked a friend out before we even got in and I felt the need to stick up for him (the bouncer was being really fucking rude). Apparently they don't take kindly to being called cunts. Cutting my losses and heading home early

Bouncers are the most self-entitled cunts alive. I hate them all.

Regarding the Lips, I really enjoyed Soft Bulletin, but was heavily disappointed in Yoshimi.

Cobbler, I actually really like the Needledrop guy. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I have found a lot of great albums through him that are not reviewed by the usual suspects, e.g. Pitchfork.

Yoshimi was actually the first I heard... it's probably my least favourite now though. I find it pretty boring, three or four tracks aside.

I always found that dumb alter ego he puts in his videos sometimes funny too...

Bouncers are the most self-entitled cunts alive. I hate them all.

Unbelievable. And it all started because I innocently asked "why can't he get in?" "I dont know.... I told you I don't know" "You don't like it get the fuck out" etc. micro penis, low self worth mother fucker. I knew he couldn't do anything though, hence the extra bravery

I think I heard Soft Bulletin, then Clouds Taste Metallic and then Yoshimi and I think Yoshimi was just too damn hyped for me. I've never gone back to hear it again either.

For those of you (wisely) avoiding The Other Place like the plague, there's a little bit of news:

An interview with James Mercer had him saying that Danger Mouse is still in Dublin working with Shuttlecock.

Not really shocking or new per se, but good to know that DM was actually willing to go back on board and help finish the thing, and that the band is busy.

Hopefully they won't embarrass his work with some 11th Hour Steve Frillywhites tracks.

Does Bono apologise.

The basic premise is the band are apologising to their fans for their entire 90s output by not playing 90s songs all that often on their last three tours.

But wasnt the last leg chock full?

For those of you (wisely) avoiding The Other Place like the plague, there's a little bit of news:

An interview with James Mercer had him saying that Danger Mouse is still in Dublin working with Shuttlecock.

Not really shocking or new per se, but good to know that DM was actually willing to go back on board and help finish the thing, and that the band is busy.

Hopefully they won't embarrass his work with some 11th Hour Steve Frillywhites tracks.

:happydance:

cobl04 said:
Does Bono apologise.

The basic premise is the band are apologising to their fans for their entire 90s output by not playing 90s songs all that often on their last three tours.

I (and everyone else) proved him wrong, but that's apparently not what he was talking about. Whatever.

I just read some of it. He seems like the kind of guy that, in real life, it would take every ounce of self restraint not to grab him and shake the ever living shit out of him

I'm just shocked that thread has not been closed. Seems like such an obvious case of trolling.

In other news, the Manhattan is the drink of the gods.

Agree with iron yuppie. I've seen threads closed for less. If that discussion were being held offline, I'd consider dragging a dead horse into the midst of the conversation.

(I did like that cobl was called a troll, though. That truly made me laugh.)

Meh. Anywho, what's a Manhattan consist of?

Moonlit_Angel said:
Meh. Anywho, what's a Manhattan consist of?

Bourbon or rye whiskey, vermouth, simple syrup, and a cherry or orange peel. Simple and graceful.

Steve Frillywhites

This made me blow just a little bit of snot on the finger in front of my nose.

In-fucking-deed. Unlike some people, I look forward to new U2 records.

We watched Help! tonight. Neither of us had seen it in a very long time. It was fun and made us laugh. I need the record now.

I can't go into EYKIW anymore, not even for teh lulz. it just makes me want to beat my head against a brick wall.

We watched Help! tonight. Neither of us had seen it in a very long time. It was fun and made us laugh.

I love the ending credits.

And that they dedicated the movie to the dude who invented the sewing machine.

And the intermission! "You're as bad as your sister, coming home from the temple at all hours, painted all colors!"

I just love that movie.

John spooning eyeglasses out of his soup: "What's this? Glasses?"

Waiter/lackey: "Yes, that's right sir, they're glasses, sir."

Yo yo ma!!

red_x_mark.jpg

Correct response was "Yo Mama".

Friggin' Cobbler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom