NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:29 PM
I'm not "targeting" you, as if it's personal.

I just absolutely despise when people blame a team's loss on everything BUT the team itself. The refs, the fans, the ice, the rules...blame them, but not the fact that your team had chances to win but didn't capitalize. No, of course the referees are to blame, and not the fact that Cam Ward played a great game, and that Montreal blew a lead to lose.

Like the Super Bowl, and Seattle fans bitching that the refs lost the game for them. Nobody's debating that referees aren't perfect and may miss a call here or there but there's not a chance in hell that a call absolutely determines a game unless the referee calls a penalty shot for no reason in overtime (and even then, the goalie still has a chance to stop the shot).

It's always the god damn refs, isn't it? Christ.

Stop blaming the damn referees and realize that hey, maybe your team could lose a game because they didn't play as well as the other team!

GG, this isn't solely directed at you, it's a tired vent at 12:30 am more than anything...I just can't stand it when people blame the referees as if it was the only reason a team lost a game. There's nothing I despise more in all of sports (except maybe the New England Patriots).

With that, i'm going to bed. Go Flames.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #317
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:29 PM
perhaps you should've posted your venting first rather than a bunch of macros telling people to stop whining and calling them crybabies.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #318
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:29 PM
I see your point, Dave, but there's absolutely no need to post obnoxious images directed at me. I'm not trying to blame it entirely on the refs, but still, you have to admit, they made some questionable decisions tonight. The failure to call the high sticking against Carolina for Koivu, for instance, and the failure to call the boarding penalty against Carolina during overtime, just before dishing out that last penalty to Montreal. It's little mistakes like that which can make a difference to the outcome of the game.

And yes, I KNOW the referees are not the only reason why Montreal lost. Francis Bouillon could have increased Montreal's lead twice. Michael Ryder had a lot of opportunities as well. But still, it's frustrating to see your team play so well and dominate the entire game, only to have them lose because they had a penalty called against them when they should have been the ones on the power play in the first place.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Sure the refs made some shitty calls. So what's the difference between tonight and every other game in every sport that's ever been played? Any referee in any sport will tell you that it's impossible to call a perfect game, every match has bad decisions by referees and they know it.

Montreal didn't win the game because they weren't good enough. Period. They had chances to win and didn't. Period. That's why they lost.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life

Montreal lost because the Hurricanes' goalie was playing exceptionally well and because of bad luck. They didn't lose because they "weren't good enough." Please. Don't give me that rubbish. Did we watch the same game? They had complete control over the Hurricanes. Carolina were practically flopping over themselves in the second period. How many giveaways did they have in their own zone? How many times did they turnover the puck? Montreal pushed them the whole night and if Cam Ward wasn't in the net, the score would have been a lot higher in Montreal's favour.

Period.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Apparently we weren't watching the same hockey game. Must be the half-hour time difference. Wacky Newf TV.

Anyways, there's no sense in arguing about this, since you love the Habs and I dislike them, we'll obviously both have very differing opinions here. That, and I have a dentist appointment in 6 and a half hours and I need to get some sleep.

Good night.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #322
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

He's always entertaining to watch but yeah... Who hasn't wanted to do this to him at least once or twice?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Everybody loves the man for one thing and hates him for something else...it's the ultimate paradox!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #324
War Child

Local Time: 10:29 AM

Old 04-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #325
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Everybody loves the man for one thing and hates him for something else...it's the ultimate paradox!

I just dig the ties.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Old 04-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #327
ONE
love, blood, life

Don Cherry is like a 40 of Wildcat. Both disgusting, but strangely intriguing at the same time.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Go Carolina, woohoo! Bring it on Gibby!!

I'm an Oilers fan so I can't cheer for the Flames either Dave. I can't even watch their games.

There, you both have someone independent to tease.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Well, I'm rooting for the Oilers, too. They're the two Canadian teams I can actually cheer for.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Apparently we weren't watching the same hockey game. Must be the half-hour time difference. Wacky Newf TV.

Don't mean to poop on your parade Dave, but the term "Newf" is derogotory.

Quote:
Well, I'm rooting for the Oilers, too. They're the two Canadian teams I can actually cheer for.

So, which team would you root for in a renewed "Battle of Alberta"? It may just happen this year.