NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:
I hope they're able to pull through and win this series, the Oilers that is :)

Well, the way this year has been for Canadian hockey, I wouldn't be too shocked to see the Oilers be the 3rd team to lose that kind of advantage. It's unlikely but after the Olympics disappointment and recent World Championships performance, nothing surprises me anymore.

*nod* I know what you mean. Still I'll hope for the best. I think we have to remember too that each of these teams has a variety of Canadians on them. I think Don Cherry said there are 15 on Edmonton and 15 on the Ducks team. Some Canadian(s) are going to get a Stanley Cup ring this year... as happens every year.

Carolina played a pretty good game last night. Which one of them would be better for Edmonton to go up against I wonder...:hmm:

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
I think Don Cherry said there are 15 on Edmonton and 15 on the Ducks team. Some Canadian(s) are going to get a Stanley Cup ring this year... as happens every year.

It's much easier right now to think of the Anaheim players as bad guys, sleeping in the enemy bunker with Mickey and Donald. :happy:

GO EDMONTON!!! 2-1 in the second....

Wayne is at the game...he was just on CBC. I'm wondering if he wandered into his old team's dressing room after the first period...some serious extra pep in those oiler skates :hmm:

trevster2k said:
YEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Trevor%20Watts%20&%20the%20Celebration%20Band.jpg

:happy: :happy: :happy:

TEAM EDMONTON CANADA :up:

bonoman said:
The cup is coming home!

Canada wants the cup! Well, the Oilers will be facing Carolina in the final...should be an exciting series, and a great match-up. I was actually rooting for Buffalo tonight, the injury-stricken team that they are. Oh well.

Go Edmonton! :up:

bonnevoix02 said:
Edmonton beats Carolina...because Carolina beat my Sabres. Nothing would be more awesome.

Edmonton beats Carolina...because Carolina beat my Habs. Nothing would be more awesome.

Come on everyone, let's all hum the Hockey Night In Canada theme song!

Don Cherry's outfits just get worse. :| Bugger off, Don Cherry.

EDIT: But hey, he's right on the delay of game penalties. Those really are stupid, I've hated them throughout this season.

Last edited:
http://www.hockeytheme.com/

i can't believe they have sheet music for it!

1-0 edmonton so far ...good on them. although i heard the series sold out in carolina in several hours, so maybe hockey is sorta catching on a little bit more. a little bit.

God, what a game...maybe the best I've seen in 10 years. Too bad Edmonton lost it, as well as Roloson for the playoffs. But there's something special about this team, and I think they can come back. It's going to be one hell of a series. (Ok, I'm even starting to sound like Mr. Cherry.) :huh:

GibsonGirl said:

Only in Canada will you hear the Hockey Night In Canada theme performed at a Christmas concert.

:lol: I think you're right. We love our hockey. That theme song is almost the national anthem by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom