Looking for text of Charles Bukowski poem (please help!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

instant sealife

The Fly
The name of the poem is (or starts with the phrase):

"Love Is a Piece of Paper Torn to Bits"

If you know the poem and have the text available, please post it here and i will be SO greatful you have no idea.

I need it for a school project but the library at my school doesn't have the right book and neither does my local library. I also tried searching on the web to no avail. I thought maybe just maybe a u2 fan out here might have it.

Thanks in advance to all the Bukowksi fans out there.

Thanks for the heads up, Disco!
I tried that link you gave me but I wasnt able to find the text of the poem anywhere. They have it listed in their database but either they dont have the poem itself or I can't figure out how to access it.
I also tried a separate google search but that hasnt turned up the text either. So far I've only found vague references to the title of the poem. Is it just me???

confused.gif

frustrated sealife

Thanks for looking foray. very kind of you ...

I finally found the poem today! I found it in a different library. Unfortunately the poem is nothing like the title itself.... Instead of being about love and little pieces of paper (as i had hoped) its actually more about a sailor and some other strange happenings. Oh well... there goes that idea. At least i found the poem and can now peacefully look for another one.

smile.gif

satisfied sealife

Back
Top Bottom