INXS tickets selling quickly! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
INXS tickets selling quickly!

Nearly all of the tickets for INXS's 23 date tour of North America have been sold in only a few days. Most shows are in 3,000 seat theaters, but there are a few small arena's including one in Reading that holds 7,000 people. The only shows that still have multiple tickets are Detroit, Las Vegas, Denver, and Kansas City.

On INXS's last tour of the USA with Hutchence in 1997, the tour was in theaters and most only sold about half of their capacities. For example, The Tower Theater in Philadelphia in 1997 was only half full, but this time out, its a complete sellout already.

I'm sure the original members of INXS are very excited about this and looking foward to the tour which will probably be extended for more shows. Clearly, the show RockstarINXS has clearly succeeded in this respect. It has brought the band a level of popularity and exposure they have not had probably since the "X" album.

On www.pollstar.com INXS's tour schedual is the second most downloaded schedual at the site.


The scalper site, www.ticketsnow.com is selling tickets for the Philadelphia show for anywhere from $125 to $600 US dollars.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 03:54 PM
well, everyone does love a train wreck.

and it is in the US and we've never been known for our good taste.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Re: INXS tickets selling quickly!

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

On www.pollstar.com INXS's tour schedual is the second most downloaded schedual at the site.
Schedule.

and second of all, big deal.

Hey, the reality kids have discovered INXS!!!!!!!!
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 06:54 AM
INXS are more popular than they were in 1997? For sure, 2 hours of prime time advertising each week will do that for you.

Are they producing better music? Fuck no. And haven't been doing so for a long while.

Lets see how many of these people turn out for the 2007 tour. If there is one.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
U2SavesTheWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: sundries and such
Posts: 7,405
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Have they sold as fast as the American Idol Tour?! What about Clay Aiken? Kelly Clarkson?? I'd LOVE ( ) to see the comparrisons!

__________________
U2SavesTheWorld is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,590
Local Time: 11:54 AM
las vegas still has tickets

i guess that disproves the theory that we here love all things tacky and fake



i'm totally going to go just so i have something to post about
__________________
beegee is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 06:54 AM
I can't believe that those Las Vegans aren't going to hear Pretty Vegas, a song so lovingly written about them.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
las vegas still has tickets

i guess that disproves the theory that we here love all things tacky and fake



i'm totally going to go just so i have something to post about
Are the Farris Brothers, Gary and Kirk fake? Are they not members of INXS? Don't they have the right to continue THEIR band?
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Are the Farris Brothers, Gary and Kirk fake? Are they not members of INXS? Don't they have the right to continue THEIR band?
Sure they do. And they have every right to have a tacky reality show on CBS too. But they probably do understand that replacing your lead singer in such a manner is not likely going to inspire much confidence in their existing fanbase.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
INXS are more popular than they were in 1997? For sure, 2 hours of prime time advertising each week will do that for you.

Are they producing better music? Fuck no. And haven't been doing so for a long while.

Lets see how many of these people turn out for the 2007 tour. If there is one.
Have you heard the new album? NO! Yet its interesting how you can claim they are not producing better music. Even if the album is the best INXS album of all time, its obvious some people here will not give them one cent.

Its interesting to see how much people hate the remaining members of INXS for continueing THEIR band as well as their lives.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


Sure they do. And they have every right to have a tacky reality show on CBS too. But they probably do understand that replacing your lead singer in such a manner is not likely going to inspire much confidence in their existing fanbase.

Melon
The fact they have already soldout an entire Theater Tour in such a short time when they could not even sell half the number of tickets in 1997 with Hutchence shows that is obviously not the case.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld
Have they sold as fast as the American Idol Tour?! What about Clay Aiken? Kelly Clarkson?? I'd LOVE ( ) to see the comparrisons!

I'm not sure. Remember, "American Idol" TV show was a #1 show, while INXS Rock Star rating wise did very poorly although it was about rock music instead of pop. I think Kelly Clarkson's popularity came from the sells of her album over time. I doubt she could have soldout the Tower Theater in Philladelphia just weeks after the end of the show when she had yet to put an album out.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Re: Re: INXS tickets selling quickly!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

Schedule.

and second of all, big deal.

Hey, the reality kids have discovered INXS!!!!!!!!
Is that a "bad thing"? Plus there are many longtime fans who are going to the shows.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
The fact they have already soldout an entire Theater Tour in such a short time when they could not even sell half the number of tickets in 1997 with Hutchence shows that is obviously not the case.
Well, I wish them luck nonetheless. They might as well squeeze out as much money as they can right now.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
The fact they have already soldout an entire Theater Tour in such a short time when they could not even sell half the number of tickets in 1997 with Hutchence shows that is obviously not the case.
Actually, it doesn't disprove Melon's point at all. He spoke of their existing fanbase yet you have no way of knowing if the tickets have been purchased by their existing fanbase or by new fans. For all you know it could be the case that 90% of tickets for this tour have been purchased by people who until this year had never even heard of INXS.
__________________

__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com