For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post that video... :slow:
It is the funniest cat video I have ever seen, my new fav.

My cat gets pissed when I try to hug her.

As much as I hate to say this, she is the Queen of Buell St.
Until it comes time to use the can opener...I have the upper hand on that.

OK, most of you know about the PALS program we have at the college where I work - that's how I got Beckham and Marijke, they get overflow cats from the county shelter and adopt them out - well, they had cats several months ago and there is one that never got adopted. I feel so bad for him, he's been there all alone for months. It's a very very clean, safe requirement and they have a large cat room, but still....imagine being there alone in a cement room with no windows, just an open cage and cat toys...

Never mind he got adopted yesterday! LOL, I almost had a foster kitty. Now they are already tempting me with 13 they are getting in next month...

Originally posted by bonocomet
Here's my neighbor's cat...
Beware, Norman is watching you...
:yikes:

:wink:

Originally posted by bonocomet
norman2.jpg

and he's a big grouch.
:lmao: :lmao:
oh my gaaawwddd he does SO look GROUCHY!

Hi guy's. I am at my wits end with Bela. Now that she and Lovey can at least stay in the same room without attacking, the biggest problem is Bela's appetite.
She eat's everything. Even the food I put out for the kittens, she nudges them aside and eats it. I am not depriving her of food by any stretch, but she can't get enough to eat.
I have to separate her from the kittens to eat kitten food, then she meows untill I let her in. She eats what's left over from Lovey's dish who only eats bites at a time.
She is worse than a dog. I swear she would eat raw meat if I gave it too her. She lays in front of the oven when I cook, and meows when I so much as put a piece of gum in my mouth.
One of her kittens is the same way. She & Jack attack when I get up, when I come in for lunch and when I get home.
If I'm not feeding her I'm cleaning litter and she uses both litter boxes in the house.
It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a cat.

What do you think?

I have pics, but they are on snapfish..
so Sicy, I need help.
:wink:

I wonder why she's so hungry. Is she acting fine otherwise? I think the only thing you can do is feed them seperate.

I got one you sent me of bela...

Bela-1.jpg

Bela-2.jpg

No, she's fine otherwise. She isn't listless or anything. Nothing unsual in the litter box, just lots of shit, literally, heehee.
The other pic's are taking forever from home. I'll send them from work tomorrow.

edited to say: Thanks Sicy.. :wave:

Last edited:
Sicy said:
I wonder why she's so hungry. Is she acting fine otherwise? I think the only thing you can do is feed them seperate.

I got one you sent me of bela...

Bela-1.jpg

What a pretty kitty! :love:

Are the kittens still nursing? If she's still feeding kittens she might be needing a lot of food. She doesn't look as if she's really packing on the pounds. I also wonder if eating is her way of coping with stress. Why I mention that is that one of my cats who used to go outside every day and hang out in the fields the whole day can't do that anymore since we moved. He's a good little cat, but he's gotten really pushy about food. He doesn't pester me, but he will push the other cats out of their food unless I separate them or watch him the entire time. Eating as much food as he can get his little teeth on seems to have replaced his outdoor mouse hunting obsession. He can be a real punk about it.

Sue, if nothing else seems out of the ordinary, don't worry, it's nursing. Mine easily ate 4 or 5 times the amount she did when she first came into our house in the later stages of pregnancy, and then especially nursing. It was hard to believe that such a small thing could consume so much food. :crack: Has her eating increased even more in recent days? It could be that the kittens are getting bigger and drinking more milk, so she's had to increase her eating to keep up with it. Let her keep eating all she wants.

At one point, mine was eating a 4 lb bag of kitten food to herself in a week or less. Just over the past week or so I've noticed her food consumption start to go back to more normal levels.

Bela's a beauty!! :cute:

Re: Bela eating the kitten's food, mine did/does that, too. For the first few weeks they were on solids, I was feeding them three times a day, and they would run over and gobble it up immediately, but the problem was, their mom would try to, too. I started putting a bowl of food for her up on a chest that they couldn't get up on, but it didn't matter, she'd still want to eat theirs, even if she had plenty. To make sure the kittens got enough, I'd keep her out of the room for 10 minutes or so, till they finished, then I'd let her in and she'd eat their leftovers. Now that they've gotten bigger, they can climb up where I keep her food, so that when I put food down for them, they don't rush to it and eat it immediately anymore because they've been nibbling away at her's, but theirs is always gone by the time it's time for their next feeding. It's just sort of a kitten food free-for-all in the room these days, and they all eat whoever's food whenever. :lol:

Last edited:
Uh yeah :crack:

I fixed it.

Looks like a siamese, and he needs his eye wiped :wink:

zomg its Sue's kittens finally! :love: :drool:

zomg.jpg

zomg2.jpg

kittumssue.jpg

And this must be Lovey. She's absolutely gorgeous.

lovely.jpg

VintagePunk said:
At one point, mine was eating a 4 lb bag of kitten food to herself in a week or less. Just over the past week or so I've noticed her food consumption start to go back to more normal levels.

Bela's a beauty!! :cute:

Re: Bela eating the kitten's food, mine did/does that, too.

I'd keep her out of the room for 10 minutes or so,:

Thanks VP this is what I've been doing and I'm sure it's the nursing too. Just making sure I didn't overlook anything.

Indra, you're right she's not packing on any additional pounds and that is what concerned me. She eats so much.

Since everyone seems to be of the same mind, that its nursing, I'll stop worrying and just keep them apart at feeding time.

Thanks again everyone, you guys rawk when it comes to cats.
(and other things too..)
:hug:

edited to add :wave: kelly, Lila and bc

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:
eeee!!! :cute:

She does look like my shmerm... only skinnier :wink:

How old is shmerm?
The vet said Lovey is about a year old.
She stays outdoors alot, especially since the spaying.
You can probably see the area just under her belly, where the hair is still growing back.

Maybe you can get her a safety collar and tag with your phone number on it just in case she ends up somewhere she shouldnt and just so people know she has a home, after all you've done for her :hug:

Sicy said:
zomg its Sue's kittens finally! :love: :drool:

zomg.jpg

zomg2.jpg

kittumssue.jpg

And this must be Lovey. She's absolutely gorgeous.

lovely.jpg

:cute: :love:

They are sooooo cute!!! Absolute cuteness overload!! And Lovey is a little doll too. :)

I just love kitties.

Now all we need is for VP to post more pics of her little brood. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom