For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:
Fortunately, I only have to get mama done in the next month or two, the kittens should be fine till summer, and that will give me some time to save.

You're an angel :hug:
I really cant believe you dont have organizations that will help you. That is so sad.

VP I swear if I lived closer I'd help foster those kitties, if not adopt one or two.

My boss ended up adopting the tuxedo cat I wanted. He went to go check them out and he said the tux was really friendly. He says he finally has a cat that favors him, rather than his wife or daughter.

Good luck to your sister, WH! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her!

Thanks, Sicy. :) I'm just a sucker for those little kitty faces, and paws, and tails, and everything else about them. And then when certain ones crawl onto me, wanting to be snuggled and then go to sleep, I'm gone. :love: My sister said she thinks I'm focusing some sort of maternal longing onto them, and that I should have another baby. :lol:

Lies, the one tux is available. :tempt: I wish you lived closer to the border, we could meet halfway, and you could have him!

Last edited:
That chubby tux is soo freakin cute! :cute: I'm happy that someone adopted the tux you looked at Lies.

This is one of the cats my sister is interested in.
va5443.jpg

My cat Loki is now "the toothless wonder" (sticking with the nordic name theme he could be called Gummer too) because the seven teeth he had left were all in horrible shape and had to come out (a few practically fell out). He handled the anaesthesia well (a concern because he has some heart and kidney problems) and is home and recovering. He's getting antibiotics because of the infection, and of course he's also getting pain reliever, but he seems happy and fairly comfortable. I'm relieved to have this over and hope he'll be an even happier kitty.

Of course with my cat herd, I'm rarely allowed to handle one problem at a time, and as if on cue yesterday Maddie got sick. She was one pitiful kitty -- she had diarrhea and was vomiting her little cat guts out. So this morning when I dropped Loki off at the vet I made an appointment for her (she had eased up with the puking and pooping overnight), and she got a couple of shots and some subcutaneous fluids. She's resting now and seems pretty comfortable.

Loads of lovely pussycat pics as always girls! :cute: :cute: :cute:

I love them all and am always saying i wish i could clome back as a cat so i could be loved!

Oh indra, that so sad. Hope they are both well soon.
Loki and Maddie :hug:

I'm really concerned about Lovey. Since she was spayed she doesn't seem to eat very much. I mentioned it to the vet when I took her back last week to get the stitches out. I changed her food and even got her some good canned food but she only picks at it. She goes out and runs around and seems ok, just not eating much. I am wondering if someone else is feeding her when she's out and she doesn't like my menu.
But she has lost some weight, so it still worries me. Bela and the kittens are doing great. I'm already in love with the kittens. Knew I would be. :wink:
Does anyone know if this is common after spaying?

Oh and as far as the cat introductions are going. I took Lovey into the room with the kittens and Bela, last night. I held on for dear life, but Bela didn't hiss or growl. I stood there for a few minutes holding Lovey and just letting her look. I could feel her heart beat was picking up a notch so I just walked out and let that sink in for awhile. I'm going to do this each day or night and progress on weekends when I have more time to spend with them.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. :wave:

Thanks for your good thoughts for Loki and Maddie. :)

Loki is doing pretty well. He's very chipper and active although he's not eating much yet. I don't suppose I would eat much either if my gums were as sore as his must be (he is getting pain meds though, so that should help). I imagine he will start eating better within a day or so.

Maddie on the other hand is worse than she was yesterday and I'm worried about her. She's just kind of limp and is much weaker -- overall a very miserable kitty. I'm getting ready to take her to the emergency vet now. I'm trying to stay positive, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

**update**

Maddie just died.

She was happy and seemingly healthy on Sunday, so she didn't suffer long. I'll miss you Maddie.

IMG_0061.jpg

Last edited:
indra said:

Loki is doing pretty well. He's very chipper and active although he's not eating much yet. I don't suppose I would eat much either if my gums were as sore as his must be (he is getting pain meds though, so that should help). I imagine he will start eating better within a day or so.

Maddie on the other hand is worse than she was yesterday and I'm worried about her. She's just kind of limp and is much weaker -- overall a very miserable kitty. I'm getting ready to take her to the emergency vet now. I'm trying to stay positive, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Any good thoughts you can spare for Maddie are appreciated.

:hug: :hug: Hope you get some good news, Indra. I'll be thinking of you guys.

ETA - just saw your edit. OMG Indra, I'm so sorry! :sad: :hug: What a beautiful girl.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

:hug: :hug: Hope you get some good news, Indra. I'll be thinking of you guys.

Thanks. While you were posting I updated my previous post. Maddie just died. At least she was home and didn't have to go through the stress of going to the vet.

And we posted at the same time again! Thanks again.

indra said:

**update**

Maddie just died.

She was happy and seemingly healthy on Sunday, so she didn't suffer long. I'll miss you Maddie.

IMG_0061.jpg

indra! :hug: :sad: I AM CRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally have a lump in my throat just reading this... I am truly so sorry for your loss! I am glad she was home too... The best, most loved place to be..

We will miss you maddie...:(

OMG that is so sad!! Why???? :sad: Do you have any idea what was wrong with her? Was she old? Did she get into poison or any plants or anything? Oh gosh indra I'm so very sorry.... :( :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom