For Cat Lovers Only VII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Is that the infamous otter that Homer has in one of those pictures?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #182
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
Is that the infamous otter that Homer has in one of those pictures?

Although, I don't think he's played with the otter for awhile. He likes this little red bear plush toy now (it came with a box of Valentine's candy). He likes to toss it up in the air or play fetch with it.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #183
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
Somebody posted this over on LiveJournal

I'll have to make a Catster profile for Jack.
Here is the story to go along with this:

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops
Last updated at 13:13pm on 12th April 2007

Bus drivers have nicknamed a white cat Macavity after it has started using the No 331 several mornings a week.

The feline, which has a purple collar, gets onto the busy Walsall to Wolverhampton bus at the same stop most mornings - he then jumps off at the next stop 400m down the road, near a fish and chip shop.

The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing.

"The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed.

"Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops.

Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own.

"He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 04-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #184
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Here is the story to go along with this:

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops
Last updated at 13:13pm on 12th April 2007

Bus drivers have nicknamed a white cat Macavity after it has started using the No 331 several mornings a week.

The feline, which has a purple collar, gets onto the busy Walsall to Wolverhampton bus at the same stop most mornings - he then jumps off at the next stop 400m down the road, near a fish and chip shop.

The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing.

"The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed.

"Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops.

Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own.

"He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
omg that's brilliant!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

I'm debating on whether to join. I'm on too many forums as it is!
At least make your cat a page, it's really easy (and cute too ).
Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #186
Blue Crack Supplier

I made a vet appointment for Worf next week. She's had this little lump under her arm and at first I thought it was a bug bite, but she's had if for about a month. It doesn't seem to bother her that much, but since she's 13 I want to have it checked out.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:28 AM
http://break.com/index/get_out_of_my_bed.html
Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #188
Blue Crack Supplier

That dog better not try that with Foofers!

http://www.catster.com/video/476764/...friend_wrigley
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #189
ONE
love, blood, life

^

That reminds me a lot of the way my dog Zeke plays with a few of the cats! They have such a great time romping around.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

At least make your cat a page, it's really easy (and cute too ).
Ok ya'll twisted my arm.

Here it is:

http://www.catster.com/cats/520425
Old 04-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #191
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
I made a vet appointment for Worf next week. She's had this little lump under her arm and at first I thought it was a bug bite, but she's had if for about a month. It doesn't seem to bother her that much, but since she's 13 I want to have it checked out.
Good vibes for Worf
Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #192
Blue Crack Supplier

Thanks . She seems to be her normal self otherwise - eating and drinking the same, same energy level - so hopefully it's just a cyst or something like that.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier

Worf's vet appointment seemed to go okay. The vet didn't seem too worried about the lump because it was "soft" and I haven't noticed it getting any bigger (I think it's gotten smaller in the last week too). It could be just a fatty deposit or a cyst.

She said they could remove it and send it to the lab, but there might be a risk putting Worf under anesthesia at her age. She said just to keep an eye on it and if it gets any bigger then to bring her back in. Went ahead and did a blood test to make sure Worf's kidneys and liver are doing okay, just as a precaution (due to her age again) - they'll call me on Saturday with the results. The vet said that Worf looked pretty healthy for a 13 year old cat .

As with every visit to the vet, Worf is now hiding from me and will probably be pretty mad at me until tomorrow .
Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #194
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Aw I'm glad the vet thinks its nothing serious. Excellent idea to do a blood panel at her age. I hope you have many more years with her
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:28 PM
im getting a kitty sometime this week