Desert Island IX: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems like these keep getting cut off due to length, so I'll just post the links to each master list for your viewing pleasure. That way you can see some of the artwork that still remains as well.

Winner list:

DI1 - LMP
DI2 - LMP
DI3 - phanan
DI4 - phanan
DI5 - LemonMelon
DI6 - Mr. V
DI7 - LemonMelon
DI8 - Screwtape2

Desert Island I

Desert Island II

Desert Island III

Desert Island IV

Desert Island V

Desert Island VI

Desert Island VIII, Part 1

Desert Island VIII, Part 2

Desert Island VIII, Part 3

Desert Island VIII, Part 4

Desert Island VIII, Part 1

Desert Island VIII, Part 2

Desert Island VIII, Part 3

Desert Island VIII, Part 4

I loved my Desert Island V list very much. No one else seemed to, though. Too depressing.

Just so there's no confusion, the first four Desert Island VIII at the top of this page is DI7, the next four is DI8. Took me a while to figure that out cos I could have sworn I'd done two entries.

Are we going to run it like we did in DI7/8? Master lists with four or five threads? Or voting? I personally much prefer the master list, discussion, send LM your rankings system myself.

Are we going to run it like we did in DI7/8? Master lists with four or five threads? Or voting? I personally much prefer the master list, discussion, send LM your rankings system myself.

Yes, it's going to be the same general pattern.

I usually root for most people to leave this site but I do miss oneblood and of course the little bastard.

And, while I would never pretend that our list should have won, or lost, or whatever, I did enjoy the process of making a list with YLB and participating in this for the first and likely only time. Sucks that our cover art seems to be gone, though. :) Rediscovering that list was fun, glad Phanan posted all those links. I thought we did a decent job, all things considered. Anyway, I love to lurk in these threads because you just never know what you'll discover or come to appreciate.

I also like to wonder which of the participants I'd most want to be stranded on an island with. Nobody in their right mind would want to be on one with me, acknowledged, but giving this a moment's thought always adds a little something to the proceedings.

I also like to wonder which of the participants I'd most want to be stranded on an island with. Nobody in their right mind would want to be on one with me, acknowledged, but giving this a moment's thought always adds a little something to the proceedings.

You just made me think of recasting LOST with people from Interference.

That way lies madness.

Would you like to make an entry with me Laz? Or maybe you and I and NSW could make one together that would be fun ha ha ha ha :)

I think you and Laz could make a cracking listo together. :cute:

I was contemplating finally joining the game here but then realized I showed up too late and everything was filled up.

Not sure if collaborating on one of these would really have the consistently personal touch.

I was contemplating finally joining the game here but then realized I showed up too late and everything was filled up.

Not sure if collaborating on one of these would really have the consistently personal touch.

I was clearly joking, but I would love to see what you'd come up with in this competition.

Yeah, I'd love to see what Laz considers the cream of the crop, his two favorite hours of music. Maybe next time, or maybe someone will drop out. Definitely participate when you can.

Well you don't just put a bunch of your favorite songs down, right?

There has to be some flow and cohesion.

And no offense, but it seems really odd to include any U2; don't people want to present something others haven't heard a million times already?

Yeah, I'd love to see what Laz considers the cream of the crop, his two favorite hours of music. Maybe next time, or maybe someone will drop out. Definitely participate when you can.

Make another slot perhaps? And Mr V better check in soon...

There has to be some flow and cohesion.

And no offense, but it seems really odd to include any U2; don't people want to present something others haven't heard a million times already?

I've never used U2 I don't think.

For my first list, that's more or less what I did. Probably not the best move, since I lost a lot of my favorites on what was not a particularly cohesive list, but I wanted a challenge. These days I tend to go with themes and work a handful of genres to help smooth things out and bring something new to the table every time. Once you've made 5 or 6 of these lists, you've got to keep it interesting for yourself.

I don't really see the point in banning U2 tracks, as most of the DI veterans try to avoid using them anyway. It can be detrimental if a list is too familiar.

Updated list of participants:

1. LemonMelon
2. bono_212
3. namkcuR
4. Joey788
5. iron yuppie
6. cobl04
7. Padj
8. gump
9. IWasBored
10. phanan
11. LemonMirrorSky
12. the tourist
13. The Sad Punk
14. nielsgov
15. djerdap
16. Danny Boy
17. PhilsFan
18. Mr. V
19. LJT
20. Lazarus
ALT 1. Axver

Okie doke, I've more or less had this list complete for a couple of weeks and have just been arsing about with the placement of a couple of tracks. Should be on your way soon, Lemmy.

Back
Top Bottom