Desert Island IV Master List & Tournament Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
The Desert Island IV tournament will be run in a manner similar to the World Cup. There are five groups, with five players in each group. Each player will have a match against every opponent in his/her group. Once these rounds are complete, the two players with the most points in each group moves on to the quarterfinals. If there is a tie in points, whoever wins the tiebreaker moves on (tiebreakers explained in detail further down).

For each match, the objective is to win more votes than your opponent. For every win, each player will receive three points. If there is a tie, each player gets two points. If a player loses a match but is within three votes of the winner, that player will earn a single point.

It's important to remember that every vote counts. Even if someone is way ahead in a match, you should still vote for the playlist you think is better. This is very important becaue the vote differential sometimes comes into play with tiebreakers.

Once all the preliminary rounds are completed, the top two from each group move on. However, if two players have the same amount of points, we use the following tiebreaker system:

-The player with the better overall record wins
-If overall records are the same, the player with the better vote differential wins
-If the vote differential is the same, a one match playoff will be done

The tournament is tentatively scheduled to begin sometime next week. Here's how each Round will be played:

Apparently the attachment won't show up here, so you'll just have to click on it.

If you cannot view the attachment, please click here and here to view.

Attachments

• desertislandiv.htm
    40.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
Group 1

Bono_212

I have tried to the best of my ability to make this a list of songs I would like to have with me if I were trapped on a desert island. However, not only did I use up most of my absolute favorite songs on my last list, I also realize that theme and flow are important to this contest, so I attempted to make both coexist (no pun intended) peacefully. What resulted was rather shocking, because I discovered that most of the songs covered several things that had been very emotionally troubling or upsetting to me over the last year or so. There are songs snuck in throughout the list that are just there for my own entertainment, such as the lead track, but it’s obvious my political fears found there way into the music for about five tracks. There are a few tracks that represent the sense of loss I felt at the death of my Grandmother, as well. The major part of the play list, the last ten songs or so, are almost all about how I felt when I found out that my best friend, who I was starting to fall in love with, was gay. I’ve tried to put the songs in an order that I felt was representative of our relationship, but I think the order really only makes sense to myself. Mixed in there are a few instrumental tracks I like, and a few songs about the sense of loss I felt over friends when I made the jump from high school to college. Overall, I’m rather happy with the list, and only wish I could’ve put a few more tracks on, but I just could not make them fit.

1. Panic! at the Disco - "Time to Dance" - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (3:22)
2. The Offspring - "The Kids Aren't Alright" - Greatest Hits (3:00)
3. Genesis - "Land of Confusion" - Invisible Touch (4:47)
4. Arcade Fire - "Intervention" - Neon Bible (4:19)
5. Bruce Springsteen - "Radio Nowhere" - Magic (3:19)
6. The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter" - Forty Licks (4:33)
7. Buffalo Springfield - "For What It's Worth" - Buffalo Springfield (2:35)
8. Boston - "Peace of Mind" - Boston (5:02)
9. Joy Division - "Atmosphere" - Permanent (4:10)
10. Explosions In The Sky - "Your Hand In Mine" - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place (8:18)
11. Tori Amos - "Sleeps With Butterflies" - The Beekeeper (3:40)
12. Kate Bush - "This Woman's Work" - She's Having a Baby (3:36)
13. Bell X1 - "In Every Sunflower" - Music In Mouth (5:46)
14. Madonna - "Live To Tell" - Something To Remember (5:52)
15. Roy Orbison - "She's A Mystery To Me" - The Very Best of Roy Orbison (4:18)
16. David Bowie - "Moss Garden" - Heroes (5:05)
17. Pink Floyd - "Mother" - The Wall [Disc 1] (5:35)
18. Porcupine Tree - "Lazarus" - Deadwing (4:19)
19. The White Stripes - "We Are Going to be Friends" - White Blood Cells (2:23)
20. Regina Spektor - "On The Radio" - Begin To Hope (3:22)
21. Jimmy Eat World - "Work" - Futures (3:24)
22. Dave Melilo - "Knights Of The Island Counter" - Talk Is Cheap (3:01)
23. Muse - "Map of the Problematiqué " - Black Holes and Revelations (4:19)
24. The Cure - "Lovesong" - Disintegration (3:27)
25. U2 - "Love Is Blindness" - Achtung Baby (4:23)
26. Peter Gabriel - "Secret World" - Us (7:01)
27. Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence" - Violator (3:32)
28. Snow Patrol - "Make This Go On Forever" - Eyes Open (5:48)
29. Blaqk Audio - "Cities of Night" - Cex Cells (3:48)
30. Shout Out Louds - "You Are Dreaming" - Our Ill Wills (3:29)
31. Blink-182 - "I Miss You" - Blink-182 (3:47)
32. Our Lady Peace - "Somewhere Out There" - A Decade (4:13)
33. The Killers - "Change Your Mind" - Hot Fuss (3:11)
34. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "It'll All Work Out" - Anthology Through The Years (3:12)
35. The Beatles - "Let It Be" - Let It Be (3:51)

Total Runtime: 148:21

KhanadaRhodes

I Want To Be With You Baby

1. Crowded House - "Kare Kare" - Together Alone (3:36)
2. INXS - "The Stairs" - X (4:57)
3. Tears For Fears - "Pale Shelter" - The Hurting (4:34)
4. Annie Lennox - "Cold" - Diva (4:22)
5. Roxy Music - "Avalon" - Avalon (4:17)
6. Echo and the Bunnymen - "Seven Seas" - Ocean Rain (3:21)
7. Duran Duran - "Land" - Big Thing (6:12)
8. VHS Or Beta - "The Ocean" - Night on Fire (4:37)
9. Tim Finn - "In A Minor Key" - Escapade (3:47)
10. Japan - "Gentlemen Take Polaroids" - Gentlemen Take Polaroids (7:09)
11. Depeche Mode - "In Your Room" - Songs of Faith and Devotion (6:23)
12. Sting - "They Dance Alone (Ceuca Solo)" - ...Nothing Like The Sun (7:16)
13. Spice Girls - "Viva Forever" - Spiceworld (5:11)
14. U2 - "October" - October (2:21)
15. Split Enz - "Albert of India" - Waiata (4:24)
16. Elton John - "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:13)

Total runtime: 1:15:30

Now I'm Destroyed

1. New Order - "Temptation" - 24 Hour Party People Soundtrack (5:44)
2. Bryan Ferry - "Windswept" - Boys and Girls (4:34)
3. Kate Bush - "Feel It" - The Kick Inside (3:03)
4. Emma Bunton - "You Are" - Free Me (3:48)
5. Erasure - "Chains of Love" - The Innocents (3:44)
6. Fiona Apple - "To Your Love" - When The Pawn... (3:41)
7. Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Heart and Soul Two (3:27)
8. Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way" - Rumours (3:40)
9. The Rolling Stones - "Angie" - Goat's Head Soup (4:32)
10. Pet Shop Boys - "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" - Actually (4:23)
11. Phil Collins - "Against All Odds" - Hits (3:25)
12. Liam Finn - "Remember When" - I'll Be Lightning (3:01)
13. The Police - "Every Breath You Take" - Synchronicity (4:14)
14. The Rembrandts - "That's Just The Way It Is, Baby" - The Rembrandts (4:08)
15. David Sylvian - "Some Kind of Fool" - Everything and Nothing (7:31)
16. Arcadia - "Goodbye Is Forever" - Goodbye Is Forever (4:05)
17. Wham! - "Careless Whisper" - Make It Big! (6:33)
18. Stimulator - "My Beautiful Muse" - Stimulator (3:25)

Total runtime: 1:16:50

LJT

Auntie Annie's/ Katy Daly's

It's quite a loose concept that I went with. It's based on probably the two places I frequent the most in Belfast. Auntie Annie's being quite electro, random music, while Katy Daly's the bar inbetween my two other regular haunts, just seems to play the most obscure and random music. The first half is therefore to groove/ dance to (well probably aprt from the first song) with the second half being quite obscure and random. Overall I think i've enjoyed this playlist more than any of the others I've created so I hope you folk have a good time listening.

Auntie Annie's

01. The Wildhearts- "Rooting for the Bad Guy"- The Wildhearts (8.57)
02. Battles- "Leyendecker"- Mirrored (2.48)
03. The Aliens- "Rox"- Astronomy for Dogs (6.15)
04. Menomena- "Weird"- Friend and Foe (3.05)
05. Simian Mobile Disco- "I Believe"- Attack Decay Sustain Release (3.18)
06. Roisin Murphy- "Overpowered"- Overpowered (5.08)
07. Of Montreal- "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal"- Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? (11.53)
08. Tracey Thorn- "Raise the Roof"- Out of the Woods (4.02)
09. Rooney- "I Should Have Been After You"- Calling the World (4.24)
10. Blonde Redhead- "The Dress"- 23 (4.00)
11. The Knife- "HeartBeats"- Deep Cuts (3.51)
12. LCD Soundsystem- "Tribulations"- LCD Soundsystem (4.59)
13. Metric- "Hustle Rose"- Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? (5.33)
14. Silversun Pickups- "Future Foe Scenarios"- Carnavas (5.20)
15. Flaming Lips- "Buggin'"- The Soft Bulletin (3.16)
16. Neon Neon- "I Told Her On Alderaan"- Stainless Style (3.43)
17. Vitalic- "My Friend Dario"- OK Cowboy (3.37)

Katy Daly's

18. Alcest- "Les Iris"- Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde (7.41)
19. Aerogramme- "Barriers"- My Heart Has A Wish That You Would Not Go (4.55)
20. Patrick Watson- "Luscious Life"- Close To Paradise (3.09)
21. Nine Black Alps- "Behind Your Eyes"- Everything Is (2.51)
22. Charlotte Hatherley- "Behave"- The Deep Blue (4.02)
23. Bat For Lashes- "Prescilla"- Fur and Gold (3.34)
24. The Hold Steady- Chillout Tent"- Boys and Girls in America (3.43)
25. Patrick Cleandenim- "Rocket to the Moon"- Baby Come Home (3.06)
26. Tegan & Sara- "Back In Your Head"- The Con (3.00)
27. The Open- "Lost"- The Silent Hours (6.01)
28. Taken By Trees- "The Legend"- Open Field (3.53)
29. Tiny Dancers- "Ashes and Diamonds"- Free School Milk (4.21)
30. The Lilac Time- "The Lost Girl in the Midnight Sun"- Paradise Circus (3.59)
31. Final Fantasy- "I'm Afraid of Japan"- He Poos Clouds (3.56)
32. St. Vincent- "Paris Is Burning"- Marry Me (4.20)
33. Paris Motel- "Three Steps"- In the Salpêtrière (4.45)
34. Anthony Reynolds- "Where the Dead Live"- British Ballads (7.07)

phillyfan26

Left Looking For More

My playlist is a two disc, four sided concept album. The title is "Left Looking For More," describing the ultimate feelings of the unnamed main character by the end of the playlist. The first disc is titled "Electrically Numb," a title stolen from a song I wrote. Disc 2 is titled "Fall of a Dreamer," which indirectly refers to the first track of that disc.

My first and only request to the listener is to please not factor in the fact that it is shorter than the maximum time. Being a concept album more than anything, I did not want to add "filler" to meet these requirements if it meant destroying the concept and flow.

The main character is introduced in his mid-20s, after having already fallen into the world of drug use. The first disc displays how numb he can feel due to his habits, no matter what is happening around him. He witnesses some large events in his life during this time, and cannot properly react. After using some dirtier drugs downtown and getting ill, he swears off drugs for good. However, we pick up ten years later at age 35, and nothing has changed for him. He has now settled into a belief that his drug habits cannot be changed, despite attempts to help him from friends and family. He begins hallucinating, seeing a media controlled government, and becomes detached and disillusioned from his middle-class life as a husband and father. As the first disc ends, he remembers his youth, prior to his drug use, and begs for it to return.

In the second disc, the character has had an intervention in one of his visions, in which he believes the world can live in peace. He drops his drug habits cold turkey and begins to seek peace and harmony through other means. However, he abandons his job and family in order to search for a natural high to replace his drugs. He spends a while searching, and finds himself involved in a number of brief love affairs. None of those can replace the feeling of the drugs, however. After one of the love affairs ends poorly, he moves in with his sister and falls into alcoholism. After a brief period of total isolation, he finds his last refuge in religion. He devotes himself to working at a local church. However, he finds that the more he learns about religion, the more he realizes that his church is a corrupt body. He loses all faith that humanity has goodness, and then believes all humans are doomed to hell. He continually thinks over this mystery, and for a brief time believes that he himself is destined for heaven for "figuring out" the mystery. But his satisfaction ceases, and he slowly loses faith in any meaning for life. His last years fade, and he miserably realizes that he never accomplished anything and never found his desired inner peace. At his death, he is merely left looking for more.

DISC 1: Electrically Numb

SIDE A

David Bowie – "Station to Station" – Station to Station (10:12)
John Frusciante – "Carvel" – Shadows Collide With People (6:14)
The Beatles – "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (3:28)
Red Hot Chili Peppers – "Under the Bridge" – Blood Sugar Sex Magik (4:24)
Led Zeppelin – "Ten Years Gone" – Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 2 (6:32)
Streetlight Manifesto – "Down, Down, Down to Mehphisto's Café" – Somewhere in the Between (5:03)
The Who – "Won't Get Fooled Again" – Who's Next (8:32)

SIDE B

U2 – "Zooropa" – Zooropa (6:31)
The Police – "Synchronicity II" – Synchronicity (Remastered) (5:00)
The Killers – "When You Were Young" – Sam's Town (3:42)
Franz Ferdinand – "Come on Home" – Franz Ferdinand (Special Edition) (3:46)

Disc 1 Runtime: 63:24

DISC 2: Fall of a Dreamer

SIDE A

John Lennon – "Imagine" – Imagine (Remastered) (3:04)
JET – "Look What You've Done" – Get Born (3:50)
Paul McCartney – "Maybe I'm Amazed" – McCartney (Remastered) (3:53)
Elton John – "Tiny Dancer" – Elton John: The Greatest Hits of 1970-2002 (6:17)
Oasis – "Wonderwall" – (What's the Story?) Morning Glory (4:18)
Sting – "Desert Rose" – Brand New Day (4:45)

SIDE B

Billy Joel – "Captain Jack" – Piano Man (7:18)
Arcade Fire – "Intervention" – Neon Bible (4:19)
Bruce Springsteen – "Devil's Arcade" – Magic (5:20)
Bob Dylan – "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" – Biograph (2:32)
The Edge – "Rowena's Theme" – Captive – 3:56
Explosions in the Sky – "The Birth and Death of the Day" – All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone – 7:49

Disc 2 Runtime: 57:21

TOTAL RUNTIME: 2:00:45

Screwtape2

The Romantic Warrior

With this tracklist I wanted to take everyone on another journey. I also wanted to leave more to the imagination. The story begins with a romantic warrior. A man deemed insane by the world whose romantic ideas are misunderstood. This man is forced to deal with an encroaching world and draws from within. We are all star stuff. The cosmos in him begins to expand and he shines like a falling star wandering the Earth. He searches the Earth looking for someone to give his love to. Everywhere he goes though he is seen as the alien. His words betray him. In looking out for so many people, he begins to collect pain and terror. He descends into the nightlife. There he accepts who and what he is. A war begins in him as to his beliefs. This is illustrated by Supper's Ready.

Beaten and broken from his inner conflict he rests upon a hillside. He looks to Jupiter and past that into Europa. He can see a reflection of Earth in the ice. Someone else is looking to Europa. Both observers feel the need to find the other. As the romantic warrior's body starts to fade away. He finds himself falling through the cosmos. There is no good and evil. There is only love. He loses consciousness. He awakes on the hillside. The plains are swaying and pointing him north. To the ice.

Sometime later we find our hero wandering through the Arctic Circle searching for the other watcher. He comes to a large open of ice. In the middle lies a woman. She is brushing the snow off the ice. He lays down next to her. They can feel the cosmos above and below them. Star stuff dances about the Arctic Circle. The ice below them reflects the stars. The moon, the sun, everything has a place. The two kiss. As they freeze, the two make a choice. Fade into the cosmos or together become something more. They turn away from the cosmos above and below them. They stare into the other's eyes. Here they create a rare element in the universe. A special energy found only on Earth. Two lovers into one. The truth is the meaning of life is in your eyes. The truth is there. In your eyes.

Disc One: The Romantic Warrior

1. Pink Floyd - "Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5" - Echoes (17:32)
2. Porcupine Tree - "Moon Touches Your Shoulder" - The Sky Moves Sideways (5:40)
3. The Police - "Secret Journey" - Ghost In The Machine (3:33)
4. Sigur Ros - "Myrkur" - Von (6:14)
5. The Smiths - "Bigmouth Strikes Again" - The Queen Is Dead (3:14)
6. David Bowie - "The Voyeur of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)" - Outside (4:21)
7. U2 - "Lady With The Spinning Head [Extended Dance Mix]" - The Best Of 1990-2000 & B-Sides (6:08)
8. Queen - "Princes Of The Universe" - Platinum Collection (3:37)
9. Pure Reason Revolution - "Apprentice Of The Universe" - The Dark Third (3:59)
10. Genesis - "Supper's Ready" - Foxtrot (22:50)
Total Time: 1:17:08

Disc Two: The Arctic Circle

1. Tori Amos - "Hey Jupiter [Dakota Version]" - Hey Jupiter (6:05)
2. St. Vincent - "Apocalypse Song" - Marry Me (3:47)
3. Akira Ifukube - "Prayer For Peace" - Godzilla 50th Anniversary Soundtrack (2:48)
4. Clytus Gottwold - "Lux Aeterna" - 2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack (6:02)
5. The Cure - "Plainsong" - Disintegration (5:15)
6. Jurgen Knieper - "Urstromtal (The Glacial Valley)" - Wings Of Desire: Original Soundtrack (4:04)
7. The Edge - "Heroine" - Captive (4:27)
8. DeVotchKa - "This Place Is Haunted" - How It Ends (3:19)
9. Passengers - "Always Forever Now" - Original Soundtracks 1 (6:23)
10. Kate Bush - "Aerial" - Aerial (7:52)
11. Broken Social Scene - "Lover's Spit (Redux) - Beehives (7:33)
12. Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - "Falling Slowly" - Once (4:04)
13. Todd Rundgren - "If I Have To Be Alone" - 2nd Wind (3:52)
14. Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes" - Secret World Live (11:34)
Total Time: 1:17:05

Tracklist Total Time: 2:34:13

Last edited:
Group 2

Axver

SO THIS IS PERMANENCE

This tracklist aims to create an artistic sketch of life's dark and bleak undercurrents. It exists in the shadows and on the margins. It is not designed to engage or to attract, but to create a desolate aesthetic through the use of various stylistic representations of the mournful, melancholic, and despondent facets of existence. It loosely traces a mental progression into an unfathomable abyss. It opens with the realisation of life's fleeting worthlessness and a lament for things of meaning that have been lost - bridges burnt, love interests extinguished, friends neglected, and family abandoned. It proceeds to grapple for hope, for resurrection, and to rekindle the fires that sustained a naive and youthful charade of meaningfulness. The fire merely consumes the dreams. There is nothing left but despair - no escape, whether through the natural, the intellectual, the hallucinogenic, or even death. Death is as futile as life. This leads to the final realisation - that it is not so much staying alive but staying human that is important. And by this point, humanity is lost forever in the abyss.

These are the shadows that gnaw upon existence.

More details: http://axver.livejournal.com/401691.html#cutid1

1. Pink Floyd - "Time" - Dark Side Of The Moon (7:06)
2. God Is An Astronaut - "Suicide By Star" - All Is Violent, All Is Bright (4:38)
3. The Triffids - "The Seabirds" - Born Sandy Devotional (3:20)
4. Blackfield - "End Of The World" - Blackfield II (5:13)
5. Riverside - "Out Of Myself" - Out Of Myself (3:44)
6. The Terminals - "Uncoffined" - Cul-De-Sac (3:54)
7. Subterranean Masquerade - "No Place Like Home" - Suspended Animation Dreams (7:59)
8. Marillion - "Jigsaw" - Fugazi (6:49)
9. Green Carnation - "The Burden Is Mine ... Alone" - The Acoustic Verses (3:15)
10. U2 - "Wake Up Dead Man" - Pop (4:52)
11. Able Tasmans - "The Theory Of Continual Disappointment" - Hey, Spinner! (5:12)
12. Martin Phillipps - "Small Spark" - Sketch Book Volume 1 (4:24)
13. The Sisters Of Mercy - "Some Kind Of Stranger" - First And Last And Always (7:16)
14. Ride - "Dreams Burn Down" - Nowhere (6:06)
15. Joy Division - "Twenty Four Hours" - Closer (4:26)
16. Russian Circles - "You Already Did" - Enter (8:14)
17. The Sea, Like Lead - "Anticline/Syncline" - EP Split with Belegost (7:00)
18. Anathema - "Empty" - Alternative 4 (3:00)
19. Agalloch - "I Am The Wooden Doors" - The Mantle (6:11)
20. Arcturus - "Nightmare Heaven" - The Sham Mirrors (6:05)
21. Jesu - "Friends Are Evil" - Jesu (9:43)
22. Long Distance Calling - "The Very Last Day" - DMNSTRTN (11:05)
23. Sculptured - "Our Illuminated Tomb" - The Spear Of The Lily Is Aureoled (7:25)
24. The Cure - "Untitled" - Disintegration (6:26)
25. Porcupine Tree - "Collapse The Light Into Earth" - In Absentia (5:54)

Total length: 2:29:17

Cute Irish Bono

Part 1 is about not living life to the fullness. You don't like life or yourself. Songs 1.- 5. are racy heavy rock songs about being angry with the way you life is turning out. Everywhere you go you are about to completely lose it. Songs 6.-9 are slower songs about calming down from your frustrations but you became depressed about your life. Around songs 10-13 the tunes became catchier. They are about a certain wisdom that comes into your mind. You've learned from your mistakes that there is more to your life than wasting it away with angry fists and sobs. So you decide to start to living, because life is short. This part carries on nicely to the next one. This part is mainly about discovering yourself.

Part 2 is about letting go of your pain and living everyday, because life is short! This part is about enjoying life because you learned many things about yourself and have accepted your short comings. So, just letting it all go and start celebrating life.

Part 1: Life is going nowhere

1. U2 - Gone - Pop - (4:26)
2. Joy Division - New Dawn Fades - Unknown Pleasures - (4:48)
3. Silverchair - One Way Mule - Diorama - (4:13)
4. The Bravery - An Honest Mistake - The Bravery (3:41)
5. Bloc Party - Where Is Home? - A Weekend in the City - (4:54)
6. The Auteurs - Lights Out - How I Learned To Love the Bootboys - (2:10)
7. The Verve - This Time - Urban Hymns - (3:50)
8. David Bowie - Sorrow - Best of Bowie - (2:55)
9. Peter Gabriel - I Grieve - Up - (8:10)
10. Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind - The Very Best of Bob Dylan - (2:49)
11. Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun - Into the Wild Soundtrack - (5:21)
12. The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh) - Stadium Arcadium - (5:34)
13. Our Lady Peace - Where Are You - Healthy in Paranoid Times - (4:06)

Part 2: Life is short so start living!

1. Just Jack - No Time - Overtones - (3:27)
2. Moby - Slipping Away - Hotel - (3:39)
3. Weezer - Damage in Your Heart - Make Believe - (4:02)
4. All-Star United - There Gotta Be Something - Love & Radiation (2:49)
5. Blur - The Universal - The Great Escape - (4:00)
6. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?? Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - (3:32)
7. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love -
B.R.M.C. - (3:45)
8. Aztec Camera - Sun - Frestonia - (4:28)
9. Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day - Led Zeppelin - (3:28)
10. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) - (3:35)
11. Keane - Untitled 1 - Hopes and Fears - (5:36)
12. Dawud Ali - Everyday - The Poets and the Prophets - (3:45)
13. The Stone Roses - Waterfall - The Stone Roses - (4:38)
14. Chicago - Beginnings - The Very Best of Chicago (6:26)
15. The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (4:14)

Total Time: 1:59:11

Lancemc

INTERGALACTIC PLEASURE CRUISE

Intergalactic Pleasure Cruise is the next logical evolution of my Desert Island ideology. In a series of small journeys between the realm of the art, the popular, and the media rich crossroads that house their intersections, I offer a perhaps slightly-deeper-than-superficial examination of the harmonies, melodies, rhythms and associations of such that continue to grow and define my own persona. Classic heroic composers, 20th century poet philosophers, post-modern electronic deconstructions, comic-book swatches of cinematic panache… now firing stage-2 rocket clusters, steer clear of the black hole.

Part I: Thrust Into The Infinite

1. Richard Wagner – “Vorspiel” – Das Rheingold (Scene 1 and 2) (4:13)
2. LCD Soundsystem – “Losing My Edge” – LCD Soundsystem (7:53)
3. Wilco – “Far, Far Away” – Being There (3:20)
4. Sufjan Stevens – “Sleeping Bear, Sault Saint Marie” – Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lakes State (2:54)
5. Neutral Milk Hotel – “Ghost” – In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (4:09)
6. !!! – “Must Be The Moon” – Myth Takes (5:58)
7. John Williams – “The Planet Krypton” – Superman: The Movie (6:40)
8. Gustav Holst – “The Planets, Op. 32: V. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age” – Holst: The Planets (7:45)
9. Panda Bear – “Search For Delicious” – Person Pitch (4:53)
10. Passengers – “Beach Sequence” – Original Sountracks 1 (3:32)
11. Bjork – “Alarm Call” – Homorgenic (4:20)
12. Radiohead – “Myxomatosis (Judge, Jury & Executioner) – Hail To The Thief (3:53)
13. Jim O’Rourke – “Bad Timing” – Bad Timing (10:00)
14. Bob Dylan – “Visions of Johanna” – Blonde on Blonde (7:33)
15. My Bloody Valentine – “No More Sorry” – Isn’t Anything (2:48)

Total Runtime: 79:44

Part II: Painless Reentry

1. Jonny Greenwood – “Oil” – There Will Be Blood (3:05)
2. Ludwig Van Beethoven – “Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op 68, ‘Pastoral’ – 2. Andante molto mosso” – Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 6 (12:42)
3. Patti Smith – “Birdland” – Horses (9:16)
4. Cat Power – “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again” – I’m Not There (6:54)
5. Xavier Cugat – “Perfidia” – 2046 (3:01)
6. Emmylou Harris - “Waltz Across Texas Tonight” – Wrecking Ball (4:46)
7. The Magnetic Fields – “I Don’t Believe You” – I (3:42)
8. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – “Piano Concerto No. 21 – 2 Movement” – The Essential Mozart (7:22)
9. Brian Eno – “Three Variations On The Canon In D Major: (ii) French Catalogues” – Discreet Music (5:18)
10. Iron & Wine – “Upward Over The Mountain” – The Creek Drank the Cradle (5:56)
11. Dmitri Shostakovich – “Jazz Suite No. 2: 6. Waltz II” - Shostakovich: the Jazz Album (3:46)
12. Talking Heads – “Seen And Not Seen” – Remain In Light (3:25)
13. Sigur Ros – “Staralfur” – Agaetis Byrjun (6:45)
14. Johann Sebastian Bach – “Cello Suite No. 1 in G, 4. Sarabande” – Bach (JS) Cello Suites (2:56)

Total Runtime: 78:47

Lara Mullen

1. Mr. Hudson & The Library – “Too late, too late” – A tale of two cities (3:08)
2. Belle & Sebastian – “Step into my office, baby” – Dear catastrophe waitress - (4:17)
3. Pulp – “Common People” – Different class – (5:51)
4. Basement Jaxx – Rendez-Vu – The Singles – (3:44)
5. Beyonce – “Crazy in love” – Dangerously in Love - (4:10)
6. Bloc Party – “Flux” – A weekend in the city - (3:39)
7. Daft Punk – “Aerodynamic” – Discovery – (3:27)
8. The White Stripes – “You don’t know what love is” – Icky Thump – (3:54)
9. Raconteurs – “Steady as she goes” – (3:36)
10. The Crystals – "Da doo Ron Ron" – Phil Spector Back to Mono – (2:18)
11. Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Bad moon rising” - Green river – (2:20)
12. The Pipettes – “Your kisses are wasted on me” – We are the Pipettes – (2:08)
13. Neko Case - Hold on, hold on - Fox confessor brings the floods – (2:46)
14. Nouvelle Vague – “Dance with me” – Bande a part – (3 :40)
15. Rilo Kiley – “Dreamworld” – Under the blacklight – (4:45)
16. Malajube – “Etienne d'aout” – Trompe l'oeil – (5:27)
17. KT Tunstall – “I don't want you to know” – Drastic Fantastic – (3:48)
18. Blondie – “Heart of glass” – Parallel Lines – (4:32)
19. Bruce Springsteen – “I’m on fire” – Born in the USA – (2:34)
20. Vampire Weekend – “Oxford Comma” – Vampire Weekend – (3:24)
21. Dire Straits – “Romeo and Juliet” – Making moves - (6:05)
22. R.E.M. – “Daysleeper” – Up - (3:40)
23. U2 – "Original of the Spieces" – HTDAAB – (4:41)
24. Travis – "Why does it always rain on me?" – The Man Who – (4:24)
25. The Lightning Seeds – "Pure" – The very best of the Lightning Seeds – (3:47)
26. Pixies – “Where is my mind?” – Surfer Rosa – (3:51)
27. Sonic Youth – “Superstar” – Superstar single – (4:06)
28. Bob Marley – Waiting in vain – Exodus – (4:11)
29. Aphex Twin – “Avril 14th” – Drukqs – (2:05)
30. Ryan Adams – “Nobody Girl” – Gold – (9:43)
31. Suzanne Vega – "Ludlow Street" – Beauty & Crime – (3:15)
32. Leona Naess – “Don’t use my broken heart” – Leona Naess – (3:51)
33. Massive Attack – “Unfinished sympathy” – Blue Lines – (5:08)
34. Al Green – “How can you mend a broken heart” – Let's stay together – (6:18)
35. Francoise Hardy – “Tous les garcons et les filles“ – En resume – (3 :09)
36. Blur – “The Universal“ – The Great Escape – (3:59)
37. Ludovico Einaudi – “Primavera” – Divenire - (7:18)
38. Mocedades – “Eres tu” - Los esenciales – (3:33)

Full playing time : 157 minutes 12 seconds

PlaTheGreat/the rockin edge

Entrez
1. U2 – “The Unforgettable Fire” – The Unforgettable Fire (4:55)
2. Snow Patrol – “Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking” – Final Straw (4:34)
3. Oasis – “Little by Little” – Heathen Chemistry (4:06)
4. The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony” – Urban Hymns (5:54)

Gratuit Esprit
5. Smashing Pumpkins – “Mayonnaise” – Siamese Dream (5:49)
6. The Police – “King of Pain” – Synchronicity (4:59)
7. Marvin Gaye – “Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)” – What’s Going On (3:18)
8. George Harrison – “Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) – Living in the Material World (3:35)
9. Barenaked Ladies – “Lovers In A Dangerous Time” – All Their Greatest Hits 1991 – 2001 (4:06)
10. Queen – “Don’t Stop Me Now” – Greatest Hits 1 (3:30)
11. Grand Funk Railroad – “I’m Your Captain/Closer To Home” – Closer To Home (10:09)

Bending Spoons
12. Muse – “Stockholm Syndrome” – Absolution (4:58)
13. R.E.M. – “The Great Beyond” – In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 (5:07)
14. Crowded House – “Fingers of Love” – Live Album (5:02)
15. Dave Matthews Band – “The Space Between” – Everyday (4:04)
16. The Flaming Lips – “The Sound Of Failure/It’s Dark… Is It Always This Dark??” – At War With The Mystics (7:18)
17. Pink Floyd – “High Hopes” – The Division Bell (8:32)

Don’t Even Hesitate
18. Coldplay – “Trouble” – Parachutes (4:34)
19. Tori Amos – “Winter” – Little Earthquakes (5:42)
20. Peter Gabriel – “Mercy Street” – So (6:21)
21. Radiohead – “Fake Plastic Trees” – The Bends (4:51)
22. Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Slow Cheetah” – Stadium Arcadium – JUPITER (5:20)

A Movement, A Moment
23. The Beatles – “Here Comes The Sun” – Abbey Road (3:06)
24. Herbert Von Karajan: Vienna Philharmonic – “Jupiter, The Bringer of Jolity” – Holst: Planets/R. Strauss: Don Juan (7:41)
25. Antonio Vivaldi – “Concerto No 4 in F minor – ‘L’inverno: I. Allegro non molto” – The Four Seasons (3:27)
26. The City of Prague Philharmonic – “Dragonheart – Main Themes” – 100 Greatest Film Themes (4:33)
27. Ludwig van Beethoven – “Moonlight Sonata” – Classics for the Heart (5:31)

Encore
28. Jeff Beck – “A Day In The Life” – At B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York (9/10/2003) (5:08)
29. The Cure – “Pictures Of You” – Disentegration (7:29(
30. Ringo Starr – “Photograph” – VH1 Storytellers: Ringo Starr (4:12)
31. Elton John – “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:13)

Last edited:
Group 3

AtomicBono

This playlist was made with the following in mind:
1. What I've been listening to lately.
2. Introducing some music many may not have heard before.
3. Creating a journey of sorts, with each song flowing into the next.

This is not a specific story, more of just a very loose narrative, easily adapted to whatever story you want to tell. I thought of it as a romance, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that. Part I is about hope - the wonder that is potential. Part II is the world either standing still or spinning much too fast - sometimes it seems like everything is so perfect that nothing could go wrong..but then it does. Part III is getting in too deep - obsession, depression, anger, insanity. Part IV is a bittersweet ending - everything's gonna be alright, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, or that it all turned out the way it should have. Even though I divided the playlist up, it's best listened to as one cohesive list. The divisions just represent a general change in the mood, and make it easier for people who don't have time to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Plus it gives me the license to come up with long awesome titles for all of them.

A Beginning And All That Follows

I. This Could Be An Opportunity (When I Awoke, You Were Standing There)

1. Maserati - "12 16" - Inventions for the New Season (5:46)
2. Minus the Bear - "Knights" - Planet of Ice (3:40)
3. M83 - "Couleurs" - Couleurs EP (8:35)
4. Interpol - "Take You on a Cruise" - Antics (4:54)
5. Maps - "Elouise" - We Can Create (5:23)
6. Neutral Milk Hotel - "The King of Carrot Flowers Pts. Two & Three" - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (3:06)

II. It's All Wrong, It's All Right (Complacency and Uncertainty - If
That's The Way It Is, Then...)

7. We Vs. Death - "City Council Cosmos" - The Message Is (8:07)
8. ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - "How Near How Far" - Source Tags & Codes (4:00)
9. Sunny Day Real Estate - "In Circles" - Diary (4:59)
10. Levenova - "The Warrior" - Riot on the Sunset Vol. 4 (4:13)
11. Broken Social Scene - "7/4 (Shoreline)" - Broken Social Scene (4:53)
12. Bloc Party - "Blue Light" - Silent Alarm (2:47)
13. Radiohead - "All I Need" - In Rainbows (3:49)
14. Pixies - "Where Is My Mind?" - Surfer Rosa (3:53)
15. U2 - "Gone" - Pop (4:27)

III. A Guilty Conscience Grows... (Alert! Alert!)

16. Muse - "Sunburn" - Showbiz (3:54)
17. Thrice - "Like Moths to Flame" - Vheissu (4:27)
18. Tool - "The Patient" - Lateralus (7:14)
19. Long Distance Calling - "Horizon" - Satellite Bay (5:54)
20. The Mars Volta - "Eria Tarka" - De-Loused In The Comatorium (6:21)
21. The Fall of Troy - "What Sound Does a Mastadon Make?" - The Fall of Troy (7:13)

IV. I Don't Know Just Where I'm Going, But Someday Maybe I'll Get There (I Guess Possibilities Are Always Greater Than What Actually Happens)

22. Explosions in the Sky - "Catastrophe and the Cure" - All of a
Sudden I Miss Everyone (7:56)
23. The Number 12 Looks Like You - "Rememberance Dialogue" - Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear (7:02)
24. The Velvet Underground - "Heroin" - The Velvet Underground & Nico (7:13)
25. Wilco - "Poor Places" - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (5:18)
26. Bright Eyes - "Nothing Gets Crossed Out" - Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground (4:34)
27. Death Cab for Cutie - "A Movie Script Ending" - iTunes Originals - Death Cab for Cutie (4:19)
28. Dredg - "The Canyon Behind Her" - El Cielo (6:40)
29. John Williams - "Theme From Jurassic Park" - Jurassic Park (3:28)

Total Runtime: 2:33:49

BonoIsMyMuse

1. Bruce Springsteen – “Blinded By the Light” – The Essential Bruce Springsteen (disc 1) (5:03)
2. Cake – “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town” – Wheels (2:58)
3. Ryan Adams – “My Winding Wheel” – Heartbreaker (3:13)
4. Uncle Tupelo – “Acuff-Rose” – Anodyne (2:36)
5. The Rolling Stones – “Tumbling Dice” – Exile On Main Street (3:48)
6. Kings of Leon – “Happy Alone” – Youth and Young Manhood (4:00)
7. The Beatles – “She Came In Through the Bathroom Window” – Abbey Road (1:58)
8. Feist – “I Feel It All” – The Reminder (3:40)
9. R.E.M. – “Disturbance At the Heron House” – Document (3:34)
10. Crowded House – “There Goes God” – Woodface (3:50)
11. Spoon – “You Got Yr. Cherry Bombs” – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (3:09)
12. Paul Simon – “The Obvious Child” – The Rhythm of the Saints (4:10)
13. Carla Bozulich – “I Couldn’t Believe It Was True” – Red Headed Stranger (2:26)
14. Wilco – “That’s Not the Issue” – A.M. (3:21)
15. Whiskeytown – “Bar Lights” – Pneumonia (3:15)
16. Jim James and Calexico – “Goin’ to Acapulco” – I’m Not There Soundtrack (disc 1) (5:00)
17. Emmylou Harris – “Where Will I Be” – Wrecking Ball (4:15)
18. Willie Nelson – “Me and Paul” – The Essential Willie Nelson (disc 1) (3:49)
19. Bob Dylan – “Dirt Road Blues” – Time Out of Mind (3:36)
20. Jolie Holland – “Goodbye California” – Escondida (3:29)
21. The Damnwells – “Louisville” – Air Stereo (4:33)
22. Golden Smog – “Radio King” – Down By the Old Mainstream (3:09)
23. The Byrds – “So You Want to Be a Rock ‘N’ Roll Star” – The Essential Byrds (disc 1) (2:06)
24. Lucinda Williams – “Greenville” – Car Wheels On A Gravel Road (Deluxe Edition) (disc 1) (3:24)
25. X – “4th of July” – See How We Are (3:59)
26. Ray LaMontagne – “Barfly” – Till the Sun Turns Black (3:55)
27. Counting Crows – “Chelsea” – Across a Live Wire: Live In New York (disc 1) (6:16)
28. Evangelista – “Lucky Lucky Luck” – Hello, Voyager (3:27)
29. Miles Davis – “Miles Runs the Voodoo Down” – The Essential Miles Davis (disc 2) (14:04)
30. Soul Coughing – “St. Louise Is Listening” – El Oso (4:29)
31. U2 – “Zooropa” – Zooropa (6:32)
32. Sonic Youth – “Teen Age Riot” – Daydream Nation (Deluxe Edition) (disc 1) (6:59)
33. Nels Cline Singers – “Cause for Concern” – Instrumentals (4:23)
34. Grateful Dead – “St. Stephen” – Aoxomoxoa (4:28)
35. Scott Amendola Band – “Buffalo Bird Woman” – Believe (7:30)
36. Geraldine Fibbers – “Lilybelle” – Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home (4:55)
37. Radiohead – “Videotape” – In Rainbows (4:40)

Total runtime: 2:39:41

DaveC

I had originally planned to write up a long story to go along with this playlist, sort of like the movie that this would be the soundtrack to. I realized, though, that it’s a bit of a cheesy idea, and that the movie was already made (Cast Away, in case you haven’t figured it out). Besides, the songs are pretty literal when it comes to the plot, so it wouldn’t be tough to figure out with a little work anyways. So, instead of writing pages upon pages worth of story that likely won’t get read anyways, I’ll just let you know the basic plot.

The story starts where our hero buys a ticket for a cruise to a tropical destination (“Take You On a Cruise”). He’s excited, and says his goodbyes to friends and family (“Nice to Know You”) as the ship sails out of port. It’s all gravy, and he’s in a world of open seas and sunshine (“Riviera Paradise”), zipping around from island to island and generally having the time of his life. But soon the ship runs into a freak storm, and it’s getting thrown around (“The Tourist”) until finally the whole thing crashes against a reef and sinks in the open ocean (“Nautical Disaster”). Our hero has luckily managed to put his lifejacket on in time, and is himself tossed around in the open seas all night with no idea where he is, no imminent rescue on the way, and no real way to steer himself anywhere (“Third Stone From the Sun”). He wakes up the next morning on the beach of a small tropical island and decides to see if he can find any inhabitants or rescue in order to get himself out of there (“Cortez the Killer”). He’s confused and, at the same time, in awe of the natural beauty of this place. He soon comes to the realization, however, that he unluckily ended up on a completely uninhabited island. None of his fellow passengers are anywhere to be found, either, and once he figures this out, he gets into a deep, lonely funk (“Soma”). But moping around won’t get him off the island, and once he starts thinking of his girl (“Spanish Eyes”) he begins to think of ways to get home. He realizes how foolish building a raft and drifting into the open ocean would likely be, and so he tries various other methods to see if he can signal for help somehow. Nothing works, though, and he begins to realize he might be truly stuck (“It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)”). Finally, the hero decides that he can either die on this island, or die in the ocean, and decides to at least try to make it home by building a makeshift raft out of logs and reeds (“Get Back”). He sets off into the water. The raft is being thrown around on the waves, and he’s holding on for dear life with absolutely no clue where he’s going or how to actually find rescue. Finally, the raft can’t hold on any longer and it breaks up in the violent swells (“Eight Miles High”). He’s not dead, though. He wakes up the next morning, hacking up seawater, on the very same beach of the very same island he left the day before. At this point, the hero realizes he is indeed stuck on the island until rescue comes, and he decides he’s going to try to survive long enough until it comes (“You Can’t Always Get What You Want”).

The second disc starts a month after the hero’s failed escape attempt. He’s been surviving, but barely. Food is scarce, but he has managed to figure out how to build a fire and a shelter, and there’s fresh water from a stream in the jungle. He’s getting by as best he can, but it’s lonely, boring, and very tough (“Velvet Morning”). Being alone for so long has started to wind up the hero’s mind. He’s going crazy from the loneliness, the boredom, and the hopelessness of it all (“Chest Fever”). Finally, he determines that he’s had enough, and that rescue is never coming. He goes to the top of a cliff and, in a moment of madness, he leaps off, hoping to dash his head open on the rocks below and end it all (“Careful With That Axe, Eugene”). Of course, he doesn’t succeed, and he wakes up on the beach once again with his mind unscrambled (“Embryonic Journey”) and determined yet again to survive until he dies or until rescue comes (“Insomnia”). But his current situation hasn’t changed, and so he begins to bring up past memories of his life to get him through (“They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)”/“Memory Lane (Sittin’ in Da Park)”). The next two songs were going to be placed over a montage of the hero getting older and surviving on the island, looking determined, learning how to catch fish and small animals, etc. I never came up with anything else to go here (“Sunshine of Your Love”/“Everything is Everything”), so this would be the part where you all use your imaginations. The story rejoins the hero a year later, now looking considerably skinnier and hairier, lamenting his situation and how long he’s been gone (“You Don’t Know How it Feels”). He realizes he’s going crazy from the boredom and loneliness yet again (“I’m Waiting For the Man”). One particularly sad night, he finally decides he needs to do something about his situation, and this time it’s all or nothing. He sets fire to the trees in hopes of burning the entire island and drawing attention with the smoke. The entire island burns fiercely behind him as he sits on the beach hoping someone spots the fire or the smoke and comes to check it out. He spots a light on the horizon, and soon a small merchant ship comes into view. The hero is overjoyed and runs back to his shelter to grab the few possessions he wants to keep. Inside the shelter, he can hardly contain himself. But tragedy strikes, and a flaming tree branch crashes down onto the shelter, collapsing the whole thing on top of our hero and lighting his former home on fire. The whole island goes up, and takes the hero with it (the entire last paragraph is “Ten Years Gone”). The last shot of the film is the hero on the cruise ship, in paradise, once again peaceful, full, clean, and happy (“Into the Mystic”).

See, I told you it was cheesy. But the story is secondary, and hopefully you’ll find as much enjoyment from my playlist as I had putting it together. Thanks to phanan (and Screwtape, although he had to step out) for running the game, and thanks for listening and reading (if you made it this far!).

Disc 1
1. Interpol – “Take You On a Cruise” – Antics (4:54)
2. Incubus – “Nice to Know You” – Morning View (4:45)
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan – “Riviera Paradise” – In Step (8:50)
4. Radiohead – “The Tourist” – OK Computer (5:25)
5. The Tragically Hip – “Nautical Disaster” – Live Between Us (5:32)
6. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – “Third Stone From the Sun” – Are You Experienced (6:44)
7. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – “Cortez the Killer” – Zuma (7:31)
8. Smashing Pumpkins – “Soma” – Siamese Dream (6:40)
9. U2 – “Spanish Eyes” – I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (3:17)
10. Bob Dylan – “It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)” – Bringing it All Back Home (7:32)
11. The Beatles – “Get Back” – Let it Be (3:10)
12. The Byrds – “Eight Miles High” – Fifth Dimension (3:37)
13. The Rolling Stones – “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – Let it Bleed (7:33)

Disc 2
1. The Verve – “Velvet Morning” – Urban Hymns (4:57)
2. The Band – “Chest Fever” – Music from Big Pink (5:19)
3. Pink Floyd – “Careful With That Axe, Eugene” – Ummagumma (8:51)
4. Jefferson Airplane – “Embryonic Journey” – Surrealistic Pillow (1:51)
5. Wintersleep – “Insomnia” – Wintersleep (4:16)
6. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth – “They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)” – Mecca & The Soul Brother (4:49)
7. Nas – “Memory Lane (Sittin’ in Da Park)” – Illmatic (4:08)
8. Cream – “Sunshine of Your Love” – Disraeli Gears (4:11)
9. Lauryn Hill – “Everything is Everything” – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (4:53)
10. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “You Don’t Know How it Feels” – Wildflowers (4:49)
11. The Velvet Underground – “I’m Waiting for the Man” – The Velvet Underground and Nico (4:48)
12. Led Zeppelin – “Ten Years Gone” – Presence (6:32)
13. Van Morrison – “Into the Mystic” – Moondance (3:30)

Total running time: 2:18:12

major_panic

DREAMING

1. John Williams - "Cantina Band" - Star Wars Trilogy: The Original Soundtrack Anthology Disc 4 (2:46)
2. The Rat Pack - "I'm Gonna Live Till I Die" - Eee-O-11: The Best of the Rat Pack (1:55)
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "She's Only 18" - Stadium Arcadium (3:25)
4. Ike Kings Of Rhythm Turner's - "I Ain't Drunk" - 20 Great Blues Recordings of the 50s and 60s, Vol. 1 (229)
5. Glenn Miller - "Serenade In Blue" - The Best of Glenn Miller (2:35)
6. Frank Sinatra - "Strangers In The Night" - My Way (The Best Of Frank Sinatra) (2:35)
7. Oasis - "Lyla" - Stop the Clocks (5:11)
8. Queen - "Killer Queen" - Queen's Greatest Hits I (3:02)
9. Mark Sholtez - "Melita" - Real Street (3:45)
10. Elvis Presley / The Jordanaires - "Can't Help Falling In Love" - Elvis: 30 #1 Hits (3:00)
11. Jet - "Cold Hard B*****" - Get Born (4:03)
12. INXS - "Never Tear Us Apart" - Definitive INXS (3:03)
13. The Bee Gees - "I Surrender" - Still Waters (4:18)
14. Louis Armstrong - "What A Wonderful World" - The Universal Masters Collection: Classic Louis Armstrong (2:21)
15. Andrew Lloyd Webber - "All I Ask of You" - The Phantom Of The Opera (4:04)
16. Eric Clapton - "Cocaine" - Slowhand (3:42)
17. Michael Jackson - "Thriller" - Thriller (5:59)
18. Evanescence - "My Immortal" - Fallen (4:26)
19. Nightwish - "The Islander" - Dark Passion Play (5:06)
20. Tom Waits - "9th and Hennepin" - Rain Dogs (1:57)
21. The Police - "Can't Stand Losing You" - The Police Greatest Hits (2:48)
22. The Platters - "Remember When" - Only You (1:11)
23. Sarah Brightman - "Think Of Me" - Phantom Of The Opera (3:10)
24. John Mayer - "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" - Continuum (4:07)
25. Elton John - "Candle In The Wind" - Rocket Man (3:49)
26. Il Divo - "Sola Otra Vez (All By Myself)" - Ancora (3:54)
27. The Triffids - "Tender Is The Night (The Long Fidelity)" - Born Sandy Devotional (3:53)
28. Tan Dun - "Longing" - Hero (Soundtrack) (4:20)
29. U2 - "Love Is Blindness" - Achtung Baby (4:26)

Total Runtime: 101:10

the tourist

Vinyl Album: Shoes (53.39)

l_11fb3656d4316f4cb52473ddbd8fff35.jpg

Side One: (26.43)

01. The Foxglove Hunt – “A Concealed Weapon” – Stop Heartbeat (3.42)
02. Brothers Martin – “The Missionary” – Brothers Martin (2.03)
03. She Wants Revenge – “Rachael” – This Is Forever (4.28)
04. Fine China – “Prosecute Electrocute” – The Jaws Of Life (3.27)
05. Gliss – “Kissing The Boulevard” – Love The Virgins (3.56)
06. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – “American X” – Baby 81 (9.11)

Side Two: (26.56)

01. The Listening – “The Factory” – The Listening LP (5.11)
02. Editors – “Camera” – The Back Room (5.03)
03. The Cinematics – “Maybe Someday” – A Strange Education (3.23)
04. Starflyer 59 – “Good Sons” – Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice (2.50)
05. Metropolis – “The Things Love Makes You Do” – International (3.53)
06. The Violet Burning – “Rewind” – Drop-Dead (3.41)
07. Ghostland Observatory – “Band Marches On” – Robotique Majestique (2.58)

Vinyl Album: Soda (53.19)

l_7a34be39ac5319a940a5714a08867426.jpg

Side One: (25.19)

01. The Killers – “When You Were Young” – Sam’s Town (3.40)
02. Loudermilk – “Rock & Roll and the Teenage Desperation” – The Red Record (3.24)
03. Luna Halo – “Untouchable” – Luna Halo (3.32)
04. OK Go – “A Million Ways” – Oh No (3.14)
05. Muse – “Supermassive Black Hole” – Black Holes and Revelations (3.29)
06. Mute Math – “Noticed” – Mute Math [Bonus Tracks] (4.30)
07. Rooney – “When Did Your Heart Go Missing?” – Calling The World (3.31)

Side Two: (28.00)

01. The Kooks – “Naïve” – Inside In/Inside Out (3.24)
02. Arctic Monkeys – “Old Yellow Bricks” – Favourite Worst Nightmare (3.11)
03. Rock Kills Kid – “Paralyzed” – Are You Nervous? (3.05)
04. Hard-Fi – “Hard To Beat” – Stars Of CCTV (4.13)
05. Modest Mouse – “We’ve Got Everything” – We Were Dead Before This Ship Even Sank (3.40)
06. The Divorce – “Birds=Magic” – The Gifted Program (3.43)
07. The Apples In Stereo – “Energy” – New Magnetic Wonder (3.31)
08. Dolour – “Next 2 U” – Next 2 U [single] (3.17)

Vinyl Album: Earth (52.21)

l_d6d27491a71a0a2f8fcca4f05ae1707c.jpg

Side One: (27.41)

01. Gosling – “Stealing Stars” – Here Is… (3.34)
02. Stereophonics – “Rewind” – Language Sex Violence Other (4.46)
03. Ours – “Sometimes” – Distorted Lullabies (3.53)
04. Jimmy Eat World – “Gotta Be Somebody’s Blues” – Chase This Light (4.46)
05. The Fire Theft – “It’s Over” – Fire Theft (4.02)
06. Sparta – “Unstitch Your Mouth” – Threes (3.08)
07. Jeremy Enigk – “Damien Dreams” – World Waits (3.36)

Side Two: (24.40)

01. U2 – “Running To Stand Still” – The Joshua Tree [ReMastered Deluxe Edition] (4.17)
02. The Elms – “Bring Me Your Tea” – The Chess Hotel (1.42)
03. The Raconteurs – “Broken Boy Soldiers” – Broken Boy Soldiers (3.02)
04. Pete Yorn – “The Man” – Nightcrawler (3.24)
05. Queens of the Stone Age – “Burn The Witch” – Lullabies To Paralyze (3.35)
06. Porcupine Tree – “Collapse The Light Into Earth” – In Absentia (5.53)
07. The Soundtrack of Our Lives – “The Flood” – Behind The Music (2.48)

Group 4

Irishteen/Lemonchick

7/7/7

The inspiration for this playlist was very simple - each day represents the seven days we spent together from the moment we first met until our last moment together. On the first day we met by a fountain (hence the cover image), and each one of the songs describes either the mood of the day or the topics of conversations we had. The Backstreet Boys was more of an inside joke (and I'm responsible for it - Lemonchick), and we know it's a pretty risky choice for this game but it just fits...so we couldn't get rid of it...and we hope it doesn't completely ruin our chances. Day two actually takes place during the evening, we went to a concert (Final Fantasy and Do Make Say Think) and then the other songs are just ones that fit the mood of what happened afterwards. The third day takes place in a variety of places...but mostly a cemetery and hopefully explains itself, except probably the Book I Read which is there because I randomly took a book from her and started reading it, yes I'm weird (Irishteen).Day four is (we hope) self-explanatory. While the last three days are just songs we like and we think fit well with the story and hopefully flow decently into one another, only a couple of them are there for a real reason like the Pulp song.

Day One

1. Kaiser Chiefs – "Oh my God" – Employment (3:35)
2. Bright Eyes – "First Day of my Life" – I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2:52)
3. Radiohead – "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" – In Rainbows (4:09)
4. The Shins – "New Slang" – Oh, Inverted World (3:50)
5. Backstreet Boys – "The One" – Millennium (3:47)
6. Leonard Cohen – "Take This Waltz" – I'm Your Man (6:00)

Day Two

7. Stars – "The Night Starts Here" – In Our Bedroom After the War (4:53)
8. Do Make Say Think – "Ontario Plates" – Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn (7:03)
9. Final Fantasy – "Many Lives -> 49 MP" – He Poos Clouds (3:45)
10. Sigur Rós – "Saeglópur" – Takk... (7:39)
11. The Killers – "Read my Mind" – Sam's Town (4:07)
12. KT Tunstall – "The Beauty of Uncertainty" – Drastic Fantastic (5:02)

Day Three

13. Feist - "I Fell it All" – The Reminder (3:40)
14. Talking Heads – "The Book I Read" – Talking Heads: 77 (4:10)
15. The Smiths – "Cemetry Gates" – The Queen is Dead (2:41)
16. Ash – "Lost in You" – 1977 (4:19)
17. The Arcade Fire – "My Body is a Cage"- Neon Bible (4:47)

Day Four

18. Richard Ashcroft – "You on my Mind in my Sleep" – Alone With Everybody (5:06)
19. Snow Patrol – "Chasing Cars" – Eyes Open (4:28)
20. Morrissey & Siouxsie - "Interlude" – Interlude(5:49)
21. Morrissey – "Let me Kiss You" – You Are The Quarry (3:31)
22. The Corrs – "Breathless" – The Best of The Corrs (3:27)

Day Five

23. The Verve – "This Time" – Urban Hymns (3:51)
24. Blur – "Tender" – The Best of Blur (7:42)
25. U2 – "Spanish Eyes" - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (3:16)
26. R.E.M. – "Be Mine" – New Adventures in Hi-Fi (5:34)

Day Six

27. Pulp – "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E" – Different Class (6:01)
28. Oasis – "Let There Be Love" – Don't Believe The Truth (5:32)
29. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – "Something's Gotten Hold of my Heart" – Kicking Against the Pricks (3:45)
30. Peter Gabriel – "Book of Love" – Shall We Dance (3:37)
31. David Bowie – "Heroes" – The Best of Bowie (3:37)

Day Seven

32. Red Hot Chili Peppers – "Hard to Concentrate" – Stadium Arcadium (4:02)
33. Director – "Be With You" – Be With You (3:58)
34. Regina Spektor – "Fidelity" – Begin to Hope (3:47)
35. The Moldy Peaches – "Anyone Else But You" – Juno OST (2:58)
36. The Cure – "Love Song" – Disintegration (3:30)

Total Runtime: 2:39:35

LemonMacPhisto

picturekv3.jpg

THE MOST POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL PLAYLIST THIS SIDE OF 'BATTLESTAR GALACTICA'

I’ve been working on this list for quite a bit of time now, but still don’t have too much to say about it. I really wanted to put something together that gelled, had a style and flair to it unlike my previous lists, while still being representative of my tastes. I’m all about cohesion on this one and trying to make each transition between songs sound effortless and deliberate. I started out with an idea for an over-arching theme and story, but ultimately abandoned it because it was too tedious and tenuously connected together. Any list should be about the songs within them; if you don’t like them, it doesn’t matter if it’s the most brilliantly concocted list ever, then it’s not worth it. While saying that, I hope you all enjoy my list, as I and my son and partner, H.W. Plainview, are looking forward to hearing yours as well. Also, the title and cover are both all in good fun, I do not want to be politically insightful nor drink anyone’s milkshake... it’s just my nature.

1. Bobby Womack - “Across 110th Street ” - Across 110th Street [SOUNDTRACK] (3:48)
2. James Brown - “Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1” - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1 [SINGLE] (5:16)
3. The Miracles - “Love Machine Pt. 1” - Love Machine Pt. 1 [SINGLE] (3:02)
4. Prince & the Revolution - “Kiss” - Parade (3:46)
5. U2 - “Mysterious Ways - Achtung Baby (4:03)
6. R.E.M. - “Draggin’ the Line” - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me [SOUNDTRACK] (4:27)
7. War - “Spill the Wine” - Eric Burdon Declares “War” (4:02)
8. Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - “Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)” - The First Edition (3:22)
9. OutKast - “Player’s Ball (Original Version)” - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (4:13)
10. Hot Chocolate - “You Sexy Thing” - You Sexy Thing [SINGLE] (4:04)
11. Sly & The Family Stone - “Everyday People” - Stand! (2:22)
12. Al Green - “Let’s Stay Together” - Let's Stay Together (3:17)
13. Aimee Mann - “One” - Magnolia [SOUNDTRACK] (3:04)
14. Earth, Wind, & Fire - “That’s the Way of the World” - That’s the Way of the World (5:46)
15. Kanye West - “I Wonder” - Graduation (4:04)
16. Jon Brion - “Punch Drunk Melody” - Punch-Drunk Love [SOUNDTRACK] (1:43)
17. Blur - “To the End / La Comedie ( ft. Françoise Hardy)” - Country House [SINGLE] (5:04)
18. Miles Davis - “My Ship” - Miles Ahead (4:24)
19. The Flaming Lips - “Bad Days (Aurally Excited Version)” - Clouds Taste Metallic 4:38)
20. LCD Soundsystem - “ New York , I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down” - Sound of Silver (5:36)
21. Arcade Fire - “Black Mirror” - Neon Bible (4:13)
22. Pink Floyd - “One of These Days” - Meddle (5:15)
23. David Bowie - “Moonage Daydream” - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (4:40)
24. The Velvet Underground - “White Light / White Heat” - White Light / White Heat (2:48)
25. Three Dog Night - “Mama Told Me (Not to Come) - It Ain't Easy (3:16)
26. Sonic Youth - “Unmade Bed” - Sonic Nurse (3:54)
27. Led Zeppelin - “Going to California ” - Led Zeppelin IV (3:32)
28. Bob Dylan - “The Ballad of Ira Hayes” - Dylan (5:10)
29. She & Him - “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” - Volume One (1:37)
30. The Killers - “Read My Mind (Like Rebel Diamonds Mix)” - Read My Mind [EP] (4:11)
31. Bruce Springsteen - “ Thunder Road ” - Born to Run (4:50)
32. The Who - “The Seeker” - The Seeker [SINGLE] (3:24)
33. Pixies - “Debaser” - Doolittle (2:53)
34. The Rolling Stones - “Tumbling Dice” - Exile on Main St . (3:47)
35. Faces - “Oh La La” - Oh La La (3:29)
36. Cat Stevens - “Peace Train” - Teaser and the Firecat (4:12)
37. Wilco - “Via Chicago” - Summerteeth (5:34)
38. Explosions in the Sky - “Your Hand in Mine (with strings)” - Friday Night Lights [SOUNDTRACK] (4:09)
39. The Beatles - “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” - Love (3:47)
40. Radiohead - “Weird Fishes / Arpeggi” - In Rainbows (5:18)

Total runtime: 159:44

LemonMelon

The mid-life crisis is a topic that has been well-trodden within popular culture. Whether it be films like American Beauty or even in children's cartoons, age is always important issue. For some, aging is a horrifying experience, and for others it's simply taken in stride. In this playlist, the protagonist has pressed down the majority of these fears, but they pop up in a single night via a lengthy dream detailing his first summer after graduating high school; a period that is both giddy and terrifying. Starting out as a welcome shot of freedom from the daily grind he faces in his adult life, the dream gradually becomes more alienating and heartbreaking. Things turn around at the end when he gets his perspective straight, but not before learning some hard lessons that could have been easily avoided. Musically, the set is mammoth, featuring 44 songs of varying genres and time periods. These work together to tell the tale and create an atmosphere. It was a great task to put all of this together, so I hope you receive a ton of enjoyment out of it. Please refer to the programme and track listing below to help you more closely follow the plot.

(Track 1) Act 1: Dawn begins silently following an evening of celebratory debauchery. He is asleep, she is awake, watching the sun rise. High school has ended, and they will soon be completely on their own, with summer pressing in. Will it be spent fortifying their futures, or in more frivolous ways? She decides the former, and he is ambivalent. She gets up and walks away, out of his life, without his knowledge. It will be a rough morning.

(Track 2) Act 2: He awakes, and finds her gone. He is numb at the moment, but it will sink in shortly.

(Tracks 3-4) Act 3: As the song playing in his head fades, he quickly decides to continue on rather than to examine the cause of his sorrow any further. He goes out to run some errands on a beautiful summer day, which makes this easy, but he still remembers the good times on the way.

(Tracks 5-8) Act 4: During his time out, he finds someone new. His pain is masked even further, and he continues on with his week as if nothing happened.

(Tracks 9-10) Act 5: They date for a short time, only to end in a depressing breakup.

(Tracks 11-16) Act 6: He is strong, however, and his friends rally around him to make this time easier.

(Tracks 17-18) Act 7: The sadness is now gone. He begins looking for love once more, but cautiously, refusing to settle down for any length of time. He can finally live…or so he thinks.

(Tracks 19-20) Act 8: He goes on his usual summer vacation, forgetting all of his problems.

(Tracks 21-23) Act 9: He falls in love while there, but it all ends too soon.

(Tracks 24-29) Act 10: When he arrives back home, he finds summer is drawing to a close faster than he expected, and responsibility will soon be no longer optional. He is alone, and his friends are now nowhere to be found. He reflects on this, and grows sadder and more self-destructive.

(Tracks 30-32) Act 11: But, in his moment of deepest sadness, he meets a woman that changes his life. He is in love once more, but he has changed; no longer will he take for granted what has fallen in his lap.

(Tracks 33-40) Act 12: He finds out that they are going to different schools, and will soon be separated. However, instead of letting this get him down, he elects to grin and bear it, looking for the silver lining.

(Tracks 41-43) Act 13: After much reflection, he finally is at peace with the situation. It is now autumn, and it is time for him to move on with his life.

(Track 44) Act 14: He wakes up and finds it was all a dream. It is winter, hardly the summer paradise he remembers from his youth, which he still pines for, as evidenced by the dream he just had, but it was a necessary bit of catharsis, and he now appreciates what he has more than ever.

1. The Moody Blues – “Dawn: Dawn Is A Feeling” – Days Of Future Passed (3:49)
2. The Magic Numbers – “Mornings Eleven” – The Magic Numbers (5:32)
3. Prince – “Play In The Sunshine” – Sign O The Times (5:05)
4. XTC – “Grass” – Skylarking (3:06)
5. The Flaming Lips – “Buggin” – The Soft Bulletin (3:16)
6. The Velvet Underground – “Sweet Jane” – Loaded: Fully Loaded Edition (4:07)
7. Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl” – Blowin’ Your Mind (3:03)
8. Supergrass – “Alright” – Supergrass Is 10: Best Of 1994-2004 (3:03)
9. Sly And The Family Stone – “Hot Fun In The Summertime” – The Essential Sly And The Family Stone (2:37)
10. Jimi Hendrix – “Wait Until Tomorrow” – Axis: Bold As Love (3:01)
11. Neil Young – “Cinnamon Girl” – Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (3:00)
12. Donovan – “Season Of The Witch” – Troubadour: The Definitive Collection, 1964-1976 (4:54)
13. The Smiths – “Cemetry Gates” – The Queen Is Dead (2:39)
14. Beck – “Jack-Ass” – Odelay (4:01)
15. The Shins – “One By One All Day” – Oh, Inverted World (4:08)
16. Led Zeppelin – “Dancing Days” – Houses Of The Holy (3:42)
17. Paul McCartney – “That Would Be Something” – McCartney (2:37)
18. De La Soul – “Eye Know” – 3 Feet High And Rising (4:12)
19. Weezer – “Surf Wax America” – Weezer (1994) (3:06)
20. The Streets – “Fit But You Know It” – A Grand Don’t Come For Free (4:10)
21. Stevie Wonder – “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing” – Innervisions (4:45)
22. The Pixies – “Here Comes Your Man” – Wave Of Mutilation: Best Of Pixies (3:21)
23. The Zombies – “Time Of The Season” – Odessey And Oracle (3:31)
24. R.E.M. – “Country Feedback” – Out Of Time (4:05)
25. U2 – “Staring At The Sun” – Pop (4:36)
26. Pink Floyd – “Summer ‘68” – Atom Heart Mother (5:29)
27. Mason Williams – “Classical Gas” – The Mason Williams Phonograph Record (3:03)
28. Love – “Alone Again Or” – Forever Changes (3:14)
29. Jefferson Airplane – “White Rabbit” – Hits (2:31)
30. Neil Diamond – “Sweet Caroline” – Gold (3:18)
31. Spoon – “You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb” – GaGaGaGaGa (3:08)
32. The Beach Boys – “All Summer Long” – The Greatest Hits Vol. 2: 20 More Good Vibrations (2:05)
33. Blur - “Badhead” - Parklife (3:25)
34. Radiohead - “All I Need” - In Rainbows (3:47)
35. No Doubt - “Simple Kind Of Life” - Return Of Saturn (4:16)
36. Bob Dylan - “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” - Blood On The Tracks (2:52)
37. The Kinks – “Big Sky” – Village Green Preservation Society (2:52)
38. The Beatles – “Rain” – Past Masters, Vol. II (3:01)
39. The Rolling Stones - "Love In Vain" - Let It Bleed (4:19)
40. The Who – “Love Ain’t For Keeping” – Who’s Next (2:10)
41. Oasis – “Who Feels Love?” – Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants (5:43)
42. Pulp – “The Trees” – We Love Life (4:47)
43. Al Stewart – “End Of The Day” – Time Passages (3:09)
44. The Mamas & The Papas – “California Dreamin” – Gold (2:39)

Total time: 159:31

phanan

I have nothing to say. I don't want to say anything at all. I just want to listen to the sounds that I hear. These comforting sounds...

The Sounds That I Hear

1. Queen – “Innuendo” – Innuendo (6:28)
2. Muse – “New Born” – Origin Of Symmetry (6:02)
3. Porcupine Tree – “Piano Lessons” – Stupid Dream (4:25)
4. Semisonic – “If I Run” – Across The Great Divide (4:17)
5. U2 – “The Fly” – Achtung Baby (4:29)
6. My Bloody Valentine – “Only Shallow” – Loveless (4:20)
7. Prince – “The Cross” – Sign ‘O’ The Times (4:45)
8. God Is An Astronaut – “Sunrise In Aries” – Far From Refuge (3:52)
9. The National – “Mistaken For Strangers” – Boxer (3:31)
10. Band Of Horses – “The Funeral” – Everything All The Time (5:22)
11. Midnight Oil – “The Dead Heart” – Diesel And Dust (5:11)
12. R.E.M. – “Cuyahoga” – Life’s Rich Pageant (3:42)
13. The Delays – “Long Time Coming” – Faded Seaside Glamour (3:57)
14. Mojave 3 – “Big Star Baby” – Puzzles Like You (4:30)
15. Sigur Rós – Hippopolla – Takk (4:28)
16. Airbag – “Sounds That I Hear (Parts I & II)” – Sounds That I Hear (9:42)

Comforting Sounds

1. Chemical Brothers – “Block Rockin’ Beats” – Dig Your Own Hole (5:00)
2. Battles – “Atlas” – Mirrored (7:07)
3. Depeche Mode – “It’s No Good” – Ultra (5:59)
4. New Order – “Age Of Consent” – Power, Corruption, & Lies (5:14)
5. Ultravox – “Vienna” – Vienna (4:40)
6. Electric Skychurch – “Creation” – Knowoneness (5:09)
7. LCD Soundsystem – “All My Friends” – Sound Of Silver (7:37)
8. Bruce Springsteen – “Missing” – The Essential Bruce Springsteen (5:04)
9. Stevie Wonder – “Higher Ground” – Innervisions (3:42)
10. Tracy Chapman – “Across The Lines” – Tracy Chapman (3:24)
11. 10,000 Maniacs – “What’s The Matter Here?” – In My Tribe (4:51)
12. Aimee Mann – “Stupid Thing” – Whatever (4:27)
13. Blur – “To The End” – Parklife (3:51)
14. Eluvium – “Prelude For Time Feelers” – Copia (5:48)
15. Mew – “Comforting Sounds” – Frengers (8:53)

Zootlesque

Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. II

In hindsight, maybe I should have called this collection Melting Pot or something cos that’s what it really is. It’s all these different styles of music trying to co-exist in my brain. But in the end I couldn’t resist a bad George Michael pun. ;) My main focus was and has always been trying to get as many of my all-time favorite songs into one collection and making sure there is good musical flow. If you’re looking for a running theme you will not find it here. If I had started stressing over subject matter and theme, it might have taken me several days to finish this thing! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Oh and… don’t miss the surprise I have for you guys in the middle of the album. :shifty: Thanks for listening. :)

Soundgarden – “Superunknown” – Superunknown (5:06)
Porcupine Tree – “Shallow” – Deadwing (4:17)
Metallica – “Turn The Page” – Garage Inc. (6:08)
Eddie Vedder – “The Wolf” – Into The Wild (1:32)
R.E.M. – “Walk Unafraid” – Up (4:34)
U2 – “Deep In The Heart” – The Joshua Tree [Bonus Disc] (4:31)
Tom Petty – “A Face In The Crowd” – Full Moon Fever (3:59)
Bruce Springsteen – “Human Touch” – Greatest Hits (5:10)
Sting – “If I Ever Lose My Faith In You” – Fields Of Gold: The Best Of Sting 1984 – 1994
Toad The Wet Sprocket – “All I Want” – Fear (3:23)
Dionne Farris – “I Know” – Wild Seed Wild Flower (3:48)
Arrested Development – “Mr. Wendel” – 3 Years, 5 Months & 2 Days In The Life Of… (4:08)
Smashing Pumpkins – “1979” – Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (4:27)
Richard Marx – “Hazard” – Rush Street (5:19)
Neneh Cherry And Youssou N’Dour – “7 Seconds” – Man (5:07)
Genesis – “Land Of Confusion” – Turn It On Again (4:46)
Republica – “Ready To Go” – Republica (5:01)
Chris Rock – “Cheap Pete” – Roll With The New (2:52)
John Lennon – “Watching The Wheels” – Working Class Hero: The Definitive Lennon (3:31)
Arcade Fire – “Keep The Car Running” – Neon Bible (3:29)
Annie Lennox – “Little Bird” – Diva (4:46)
Madonna – “Jump” – Confessions On A Dance Floor (3:46)
Spice Girls – “Stop” – Greatest Hits (3:26)
Peter Gabriel – “Steam” – Us (6:03)
Pet Shop Boys – “Rent” – Discography: The Complete Singles Collection (3:33)
Depeche Mode – “Dream On” – Exciter (4:21)
Tori Amos – “Mr. Zebra” – Boys For Pele (1:07)
Kate Bush – “Jig Of Life” – Hounds Of Love (4:04)
Enigma – “Out From The Deep” – The Cross Of Changes (4:55)
Deep Forest – “Marta’s Song” – Boheme (4:13)
Indus Creed – “Pretty Child” – The Second Coming (4:39)
Duran Duran – “Ordinary World” – The Wedding Album (4:41)
George Michael – “Praying For Time” – Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 (4:44)
David Gilmour – “Take A Breath” – On An Island (5:46)
Tears For Fears – “Laid So Low (Tears Roll Down)” – Shout: The Very Best Of Tears For Fears (4:41)
Manic Street Preachers – “Second Great Depression” – Send Away The Tigers (4:09)
Ozzy Osbourne – “Back On Earth” – The Ozzman Cometh (5:00)

Total runtime: 159:21

Good luck everyone!

I guess I could post my album artwork. It's all in my zip folders.

Oh baby... My competition is pretty tight this time around. Hopefully I'll do a bit better than second to last this time. :D

Prepare to be thrust into the infinite... bitches.

Zootlesque said:

?

Have we been disqualified or something? :lol:

He's posting up one group at a time.

BTW, Zoots, I'm totally going to kill your ass. :evil: You're going down.

LemonMelon said:

He's posting up one group at a time.

BTW, Zoots, I'm totally going to kill your ass. :evil: You're going down.

Ohh I see the edits now.

Have you seen my list already? :uhoh:

LemonMelon said:
No, I'm just making empty threats.

I loved your last list. :up:

Thanks. I liked your last list too even though it was a little bit too indie for me. This time I have a feeling I'm gonna get slaughtered in the first round. :lol: I have taken some chances.

Zootlesque said:

Thanks. I liked your last list too even though it was a little bit too indie for me. This time I have a feeling I'm gonna get slaughtered in the first round. :lol: I have taken some chances.

My list this year is not indie AT ALL. It's shamelessly, openly catchy and vintage-sounding. Even the modern songs sound not unlike 60's pop.

Heh. After last competition I probably should have taken the hint to make my list a bit more accessible, and constructed one with a bit less languorous pace... instead of taking it even more in this direction. Oh well, maybe now I'll have the distinction of coming ALL THE WAY in last place. I shan't settle for second again!

Zootlesque said:
you win points for me just for including a spice girls song.

seriously people, it's just ONE SONG. if one band bothers you so much, just skip it for crying out loud. :|

LemonMelon said:

Be proud. We are the official Group Of Death™ this year.

Group of Irishteen/Lemonchick's death :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

seriously people, it's just ONE SONG. if one band bothers you so much, just skip it for crying out loud. :|

Listen to those wise words, they are incredibly true

Holy shitstacks, Group 4 is pure insanity. We're all fucked.

And I hereby rename YLB's playlist "My Paul Thomas Anderson Wankfest... AKA Look How Hip and Culturally Relevant I Am... Lawl."

In my hastiness to get Group 4 done, I forgot Zoot's title.

It's Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. II

Sorry Zoots. I'll make sure it is included on the website and in each match you are in.

That's okay phanan. Thanks for posting it here!

KhanadaRhodes said:
you win points for me just for including a spice girls song.

Yay! Our lists are quite similar actually when you see the artists. :hi5:

Irishteen said:
Group of Irishteen/Lemonchick's death :wink:

LMAO

Lancemc said:

And I hereby rename YLB's playlist "My Paul Thomas Anderson Wankfest... AKA Look How Hip and Culturally Relevant I Am... Lawl."

:lmao:

We're all piling on, and for good reason; 3-time finalists need their balloon popped. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom