"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also still a little bitter about the whole banging Kate Winslet thing.

Anything. Seriously, with the way things are now, just about anything will work. I don't really have a set career path at this point, so I just need to make ends meet in the meantime. 25K would be a nice place to start.

How does 75-100K sound?

american-gigolo.jpg

I'm not a huge Mendes fan, but at least they finally hired someone who's a bit of a stylist.

Yeah, this is my thought really. There's a good possibility he takes this into an interesting place. There's also a good possibility this is a huge disaster.

Roger Deakins DP plz?

If you can get Danny Boyle, who's not only a stylist, but has made at least one film with a pulse, then I'd go for that. Hell, if they want to continue the Bourne-esque trend, then get Kathryn Bigelow while she's hot.

Fuck Sam Mendes. Sure, he's a stylist, but aside from moments in Road to Perdition, his films are as hollow as tuccirape's Cornfield Rape Shack.

Sad that high praise of A Serious Man needs to take a swipe at the supposed "superficiality" of No Country For Old Men.

Go fuck yourself, pal.

That is a bit sad, yes. Adam Nayman is certainly one of their more worthless contributors.

I think it's a more exciting choice than either of the previous two directors. And those turned out great. I mean, the guy has made some good, acclaimed films. Looking back at the Bond series, there's never really been a director with a very decorated resume. This is kind of like the first "name" director the series has ever had, right? I'm down with it.

Now to see who they cast as the Bond girl because, as we all know, they've knocked the last two out of the park in that area.

Ratotouille is my favorite Pixar feature.

Whoa though, Sam Mendes? That's so out of left field, he claimed he wasn't going to make a movie for awhile, focusing on theater instead. I hated American Beauty, stylish sure but that satire bashes you over the head so much its annoying, loved Road to Perdition, liked the style/performances of Jarhead but not the content, and like Away We Go (for the performances/writing, the style is cribbed from any number of other offbeat films from the past 10 years) but Bond? I keep forgetting Mendes is English, at first I was thinking 'wow, they never hire American filmmakers'.

I was really hoping they'd ask Matthew Vaughn, and the Kathyrn Bigelow suggestion was a great idea a few months ago, but I'll go along with this and see what happens, at least they have a staggeringly talented writer for the first time in franchise history.

That is a bit sad, yes. Adam Nayman is certainly one of their more worthless contributors.

No comment on the rumored Marty pic? Sounds a lot more intriguing than his last three films (Aviator, Departed, Shutter Island), that's for sure. The guy hasn't done anything close to fantasy/magic before.

Or would you have preferred the Teddy Roosevelt film with D-Cap?

No comment on the rumored Marty pic? Sounds a lot more intriguing than his last three films (Aviator, Departed, Shutter Island), that's for sure. The guy hasn't done anything close to fantasy/magic before.

Or would you have preferred the Teddy Roosevelt film with D-Cap?

Oh no, I'm definitely interested in that project, not the Roosevelt one I mean. I was still hoping for Silence, but I'm really curious about this.

Doesn't sound like something that would come together easily, the studio really wants him to make that Sinatra movie... no thanks. Although it'd be an interesting/unexpected source for his next mafia story haha. Silence sounded interesting with a great cast attached, if he's not going to do Teddy Roosevelt, then I hope he does I Heard You Paint Houses with De Niro.

Haha, the man is crazy and gets away with it, and I love him for it. I'll pass on the Liberace project though, seriously? The left-field 3D 1920's style Cleopatra musical sounded like an entertaining trainwreck, I hope he makes that. Maybe someday he'll connect with a great screenwriter again though, Traffic can't be a once-in-a-lifetime display of that kind of talent right?

Well, I just watched (%00) [sic] Days of Summer. This is going to shock all none of you, but I loved it. Like really loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom