American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:

I agree, it's one thing to drag out the announcement of who's safe and who's going home, but when you play that little trick that's just cruel.

And he gets paid $12 million a year for that... :mad:

My view is that he was kicked out because he was Australian... most voters are stupid enough to believe this is some sort of a patriotic thing and that an American must win it. Otherwise, how can you explain Kristy still staying around? The answer is simple: she sang "God bless the U.S.A.". Embarassing.

The problem are all these rednecks that love country music and mess up the whole voting...

U2@NYC said:
The problem are all these rednecks that love country music and mess up the whole voting...

And not just on AI either :wink:

So I guess Carly is next then? Or Syesha?

U2democrat said:
It astonishes me that that Kristy girl is still on. :tsk:

These AI voters better not screw up the real election too :angry:

no shit! :grumpy:

luckily 99 percent of these voters are under the age of 18 so we can relax on the real election results.. don't worry laura! :wink:

I bet Michael would be a good actor. He has star quality and should be given a starring role in a TV show immediately. :angry:

And what was up with the Jesus song they all sang? Is it me or has Jesus been mentioned more than usual this season?

I'm thinking a McCain/Kristy Lee Cook ticket would be a good thing for the Republican party come November.

The GOP is going to need all the votes they can get when they run up against the inevitable Obama/GirlsAloudFan ticket.

I talked to Barack about an hour ago and we're trying to decide between Brooke White and Eddie Vedder for our Secretary of State.

American Idol-Top Eight Results

Recovered of all of the Idol do-gooding, it’s time for AI to do what it does best, giving some loser the boot.

First we get an overview of the previous evening’s “Idol Gives Back.” Please give the stage manager who got to feel up Brad Pitt her own show. She’s a million times funnier than Robin Williams.

Now it’s deja vu all over again, and the Idol contestants are singing “Shout to the Lord.” Kristy Lee is dressed like she’s working the bar at Coyote Ugly, and Brooke looks like she’s about to pick up the kids from soccer practice. You’ve got to love the variety.

Um, Zach and Cody who?

Before we get to the results we get to see a video featuring celebs lip synching and er, um, dancing to the Monkee’s “I’m a Believer.” Hey, it’s the dude who played the Commish!

After getting over 31 million votes, it’s time to bring the Idols to the Seal of Doom to learn if they’ll be taking a seat of the Sofa of Safety or plunking their behinds on the Bedpans of Destiny. Good news and bad news for Brooke. Good news is she’s safe, but bad news, she’s going to miss her sister’s wedding. David C is also safe, and you know our favorite word nerd is trying to figure out synonyms for pompous, arrogant and smug. I’ll give you two, David-Chris Daughtry. Oh, by the way, David A is also safe. Tweeners and grandmas all over America rejoice.

Sister Dominguez, who looks after those orphans in Angola, is my Idol.

Last season’s winner, Jordin Sparks, joins hit maker Chris Brown on their hit duet “No Air.” After their performance, Jordin is presented with all her gold and platinum bling. Ryan mentions that American Idol does work. Yea, try telling that to Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks.

This week’s Ford pimpmercial is a tie-dyed and psychedelic trip. You know Jason was totally digging it.

What’s this? More results? Jason is safe and so is Kristy Lee. Michael, Carly and Syesha are left with egg on their faces. Yes, they are in the bottom three. What are my thoughts? Hmm. dream on, Michael? Ah, it might be more of a dream off. The show must go on, Carly? Oh, the irony. And Syesha, I believe I never want to see you again.

After a brief commercial break, we finally find out the results. Carly and Syesha are safe. It’s probably a good thing Carly is safe because I do not want to see her barf all over the stage. And just who is voting for Syesha? I must study these people.

In an Idol shocker, Michael is leaving us. The hottie from Down Under is over and out, and in rather brutal fashion. That was cold, Seacrest. But, I’m just glad Idol didn’t go over so I wouldn’t miss the first few minutes of “The Office.”

What a sad morning this morning when I read that Michael was kicked off. WHAT? How did that happen? Well, I am now rooting for Jason! America got it wrong...again.

I just watched the show on tape and was comfortably relaxed and convinced I was seeing Kristy or Syesha going and even joyfully hoping I would see Mickey Mou....errrr....David A going home.

I am absolutely gutted Michael is out! I squarely put the blame on these silly little teeny bopper twirps. I wish this show was like Hell's Kitchen where Gordon can change the vote at the end to how he sees fit.

(I guess it's not A.L.Webber week)

People:

American Idol contestant David Cook will have a very special guest in the audience Tuesday and Wednesday night — his brother Adam Cook. Adam, 36, is suffering from brain cancer.

A FOX spokesperson declined to comment, however a source close to the show confirms to PEOPLE that Adam will indeed be at the studio when his brother and the other top six Idol contestants perform songs from Mariah Carey’s catalogue.

Doctors initially told Adam, who lives Indiana, his condition was too delicate for him to fly commercially. But as news spread of Adam’s health and sadness over not being able to see David perform, friends rallied and were able to get him and his wife a chartered medical jet (and medical staff), as well as a hotel room during his trip.

According to a report from the Terre Haute News, Adam’s doctors gave him the go ahead to fly to Los Angeles with his wife, Kendra, to see David perform. The Board of Directors at Clarian Health in Indianapolis are paying for the medic, nurse and Leer jet transportation while a local Terre Haute radio station is paying for the Cooks’ hotel stay.

Kendra Cook told the paper that the week prior to learning about the trip, her husband had been in bed and not feeling well for “several days in a row,” but after learning of the trip, he seemed to be feeling better.

“The excitement of seeing his spirits lifted so high has been wonderful,” she said.

Adam and Kendra plan to attend the Idol shows with a medic and a nurse. –Monica Rizzo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and more with Michael Johns here:
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/

*Ryan mentions that Michael was way taller than him on stage. Hm.
*He apologized to Michael about leading him to believe he might be safe right before he cut him. Ryan says, “Nigel, he concocts all these scenes…the note was ‘refer back to last year, get them thinking they may be staying another week, and then let them know they are gone’.” :madwife: at Nigel!
*Ryan was surprised and bummed that Michael was leaving, because they’d chat off stage.
*Ryan says that Simon and Randy both liked Michael personally. *They were all really excited to put him through when he auditioned. Ryan promises to play his first single on KISS when it’s released.

Last edited:
Actually, believe it or not, Mariah has quite a few #1 hits under her belt. I think i just read that she surpassed Elvis for the most #1 hits on Billboard. 18 of them, i think! And those are just #1's. She's probably had quite a few that didn't make it all the way to number 1, but are still pretty recognizable. I actually used to like Mariah in her early years. Then she got all skanky and stopped singing. All that wasted talent makes me sad.

ultravioletluvv said:
Actually, believe it or not, Mariah has quite a few #1 hits under her belt. I think i just read that she surpassed Elvis for the most #1 hits on Billboard. 18 of them, i think! And those are just #1's. She's probably had quite a few that didn't make it all the way to number 1, but are still pretty recognizable. I actually used to like Mariah in her early years. .

:huh: :wink:

ultravioletluvv said:
Actually, believe it or not, Mariah has quite a few #1 hits under her belt. I think i just read that she surpassed Elvis for the most #1 hits on Billboard. 18 of them, i think! And those are just #1's. She's probably had quite a few that didn't make it all the way to number 1, but are still pretty recognizable. I actually used to like Mariah in her early years. Then she got all skanky and stopped singing. All that wasted talent makes me sad.

I pretty much agree with this. Seems after "Honey" came out her career went downhill. I blame Diddy :(

Back
Top Bottom