The Caption Book 2-- planning process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i_love_adam

War Child
Not too long ago, a fellow PLEBA member Cassandra painstakingly compiled a Caption Book and was lucky enough to hand it over to Mr Edge himself in NYC

Here we go, the original Caption Book thread:
http://forum.interference.com/t144225.html

At this thread, please suggest or vote for existing captions that you feel are worthy of being included in the Caption Book 2. Don't worry if they have been submitted before in Caption Book 1, Lemon Grrrrrl can take care of that ;D!

Also, remember to add your new captions at the Caption thread #6: http://forum.interference.com/t145056.html

Let the voting begin!

(Lemon Grrrrrl, Miringeltje... I know the captions are your bag but I was just sooo excited I wanted to get the ball rolling asap!!)

I vote:
movie.jpg

Ali: I thought I told you to ditch him.

Bono: I tried but he's just so clingy. Ever since he lost his beanie he's been acting like a lost little puppy.

Edge: *thinking* Popcorn just doesn't taste the same when you're wearing a cap.

contributed by Meghan

Last edited:
I wonder if this one was in CB1? SOrry, too lazy to go check!

redcordial.jpg

Bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing!

Larry: Adam? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

Edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes.....

contributed by Meghan (Meg, you make Bono talk about the most silly "extraordinary" things :lmao: ) Do you mind if I suggest changing Paul to Adam? Adam would kill himself if he missed out on all this fun!

Last edited:
pointingatachild.jpg

Bono: You're...shorter than me! LOOK EVERYONE!! THIS KID IS SHORTER THAN ME!

Kid: Mommy why's that strange man pointing at me?

Mother: Just ignore him honey, come with me, we are going to go away from him...

contributed by AtomicBono

AdamBono2.jpg

:bono: God...I'm beat...I hope you don't mind me Adam

:adam: *whispering* :giggle: I got him right where I want him...thank you Superglue :giggle:

contributed by U2MaNaIcWeIdO (gotta have some Adam-Bono LOOVIE

i_love_adam said:

redcordial.jpg

Bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing!

Larry: Adam? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

Edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes.....

contributed by Meghan (Meg, you make Bono talk about the most silly "extraordinary" things :lmao: ) Do you mind if I suggest changing Paul to Adam? Adam would kill himself if he missed out on all this fun!

It can be Adam if you want. The reason I made it Paul originally was cos Larry would be calling Paul for help cos he's the manager.... But Adam works pretty well too :happy:

btw, Hotlinking = Bad. Please do it no more. :)

http://forum.interference.com/t136029.html

i vote Merc's

UFdocumentary_08-vi.jpg

Bono: No! I tell you, we're a very intellectual rock band! Theres no way we would have ever admitted to being Monty Phyton fans! I don't know where you got that information from... you must confuse us with someone else...

Interviewer: But I am sure that... let me just check my records... I'm sure I saw a quote somewhere...

Edge: Hey Adam! Larry! Look! I just invented a new "Silly Walk"!!!

i_love_adam said:
Lemon Grrrrrl, Miringeltje... I know the captions are your bag

That's correct!
So you really should have consulted with me or LG, before you opened this thread!!

:grumpy: :angry: :mad:

;) :wink:

Only fooling around with ya!
I don't consider myself an expert in coming up with captions.
Nor do I feel that I should be responsible for everything that involves captions.
So there really is no need for any of you to justify your actions where captions are concerned.
It's all about the fun and laughs for me!

Although, I must say it makes me :sad: that no one has voted or nominated one of my captions.
Not that I'm surprised.
'Cause lately I've been feeling like I've kinda lost my funny bone.

i_love_adam said:

redcordial.jpg

It was suppose to be but I ran out of room in the book. I agree that this one is a great addition.

I meant what I said in Caption Thread 6 that I would get out of the way if someone else was putting together book 2, but before I go, something to consider.

Everyone may want to concentrate on finding captions from Cap. Thread #4, #5 and beyond. Cap. Threads #1, #2 & #3 are heavily red Xed, and you have to have patience to through them.

And if you know of a good caption that's been red Xed, please ask the person to repost in the new caption thread. For instance, miss becky like Sad_Girl had quite of few caps that were in the old threads and that I was unable to get into the 1st book. Sad_Girl of course reposted hers in the Cap. Thread #5. It would be great if miss becky would repost hers in the new thread.

This thread cannot be successful because of all the hotlinking red tape.

Ok, anyone going to see U2 soon? Just don't pass the book to Bono:) (the dear boy will probably lose it before he reaches the limo)! Give it to Adam instead, cos Mr Mullen is so elusive. And ask Adam if they got to read the 1st one.

Anyone? Anyone?

:bump: so is there any news on this existing yet, or ever existing for that matter? I'm just curious, especially now that the tour is practically over :(

i_love_adam said:
I vote:
movie.jpg

Ali: I thought I told you to ditch him.

Bono: I tried but he's just so clingy. Ever since he lost his beanie he's been acting like a lost little puppy.

Edge: *thinking* Popcorn just doesn't taste the same when you're wearing a cap.

contributed by Meghan
:lol: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry. I'm reading some of these for the first time!

bono_212 said:
:bump: so is there any news on this existing yet, or ever existing for that matter? I'm just curious, especially now that the tour is practically over :(

Hi, yes I'm still working on Book 2 and it doesn't matter to me that the tour is nearly over (unless someone volunteers to hand it over in person!) because I thought I would mail it to them. Although it has been aside for the moment while I deal with life (work, family, holiday break, work, work, work!), I've been working on some new ideas to put into the book.

Question-Who is the PLEBAn who suggested the signatures? I can't find the email that you wrote, but I'm been looking into getting that started.

Wait... you guys are actually making books of these and giving them to the band? :huh: I don't mean any offense, but personally I would find it really embarrassing. :silent:

is it me or is the bump smiley moving a lot faster??? I think i must've eaten too many potato wedges or something...

Neway onto my post...

I hope I didn't sound pushy I didn't mean to...

U2 has a mailing address? I didnt think anyone knwe it....that's pretty cool news if you ask me.

i_love_adam said:
This thread cannot be successful because of all the hotlinking red tape.

Ok, anyone going to see U2 soon? Just don't pass the book to Bono:) (the dear boy will probably lose it before he reaches the limo)! Give it to Adam instead, cos Mr Mullen is so elusive. And ask Adam if they got to read the 1st one.

Anyone? Anyone?

I have the Grammys all figured out, I ve had luck in meeting some of the band members before or after award shows...Im THERE for the Grammys, granted not "IN" but still working on that...
unless someone else has a better opportunity:D:up:

well maybe on the next leg of the tour.. hawaii is prolly going to be there... or that girl who used to give stuff to the band in dublin last year, miss_u2.. I've read a lot about her in the archive.. is she here not anymore? she sounded like a very cool and social gal!

Ok....I need this question answered cause I'm real confused now..is U2 going to Hawaii?

Cassandra said:
Question-Who is the PLEBAn who suggested the signatures? I can't find the email that you wrote, but I'm been looking into getting that started.

Hey Cassandra!

:wave:

I think it was Lemon Grrrrrl who made the suggestion.

I was looking at that link Lemon Grrrrrl put on at the start. I vote this one because I saw it before but I still laugh at it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3453%3A46323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A6887%3A%3A8ot1lsi

Blinded by the mirrored glare of their own shiny suits, The Edge loses control, violently and threateningly pointing at everyone in sight.

contributed by BONO'ppetit :applaud:

And I don't stop laughing at it. :lmao:

Galeongirl said:

ask miroslava, she's going :D and Bono's soooo gonna dance with her again!

:eyebrow: don't be so sure :evil: no, you're right. thats exactly what is gonna happen :lol:

anyway... they will be there on april 8th. my 18th birthday! YAY!!!

hey BonoFox i hope you can make it. us L.A. girls will have to stick together and represent.
2.gif

p.s. i vote the bono edge ali movie theatre one as well.

Back
Top Bottom