PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG-winner Daniel Lanois talks U2, Peter Gabriel – and hockey - The Globe and Mail

The complete interview with Daniel Lanois.

And then the connection with Eno led to your work with U2.

Yes. Actually, Bono just came to my place in L.A. a few weeks ago. He let me hear the new record that they’re doing with Danger Mouse. It sounded amazing. Very, very big and powerful-sounding. Some of it was adventurous. There were shades of Achtung Baby. A couple of songs I was familiar with, because we worked on them before but had not completed them. Now they’re back on the burner. Bono is very excited, and he’s singing beautifully. He makes me jealous. Those barrel-chested Irish tenors.

It’s part of the business, but how do you feel about Danger Mouse producing this album, and you not being involved this time around?

I’m actually glad that I’m not making this record with them. I don’t think I’d survive the experiment. It’s hard work. It’s two years, and it will be a character-building experience for Danger Mouse. You really have to be physically fit to make a U2 record. But, really, they’re all hard. All records are hard to make.

The boys played an acoustic version of Sunday Bloody Sunday on the rooftop of Electric Lady Studios
Source: https://twitter.com/atu2/status/340635429416103936

Source: https://twitter.com/atu2/status/340636431804416000
20db22d2ca5611e2852a22000a9e0709_7.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/atu2/status/340635663563124737
8c9c242cca5011e2962d22000a1f9aa0_7.jpg

The Daily Mail is a nasty poisonous paper / website here in the UK....they've always gone out of their way to slam Bono and U2 for a cheap article. They have a reputation for being racist, xenophobic, homophobic and go out of their way to bitch about any celebrity with their shoe laces undone. please ignore them, this is a bullshit article.

A very old story but news to me :D

Space ships, drugs everywhere, and Freddie Mercury trying it on with Bono: The Live Aid story you've never heard before

Read more: Freddie Mercury trying it on with Bono: The Live Aid story you've never heard before | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I haven't had time to read the whole article, but the part about Bono and Freddie Mercury is actually true! As I said in previous post, Bono has mentioned this first encounter with Freddie in several interviews I've read/seen/heard, depending on the media!! But I do agree with you, The Daily Mail is a crap rag!!! :wink:

I haven't had time to read the whole article, but the part about Bono and Freddie Mercury is actually true! As I said in previous post, Bono has mentioned this first encounter with Freddie in several interviews I've read/seen/heard, depending on the media!! But I do agree with you, The Daily Mail is a crap rag!!! :wink:

Yes, he tells a lengthier version in U2 by U2. Apparently he and Ali (who was there) got quite a kick out of it once they figured out what was going on.

In -a- Live aid docu, you also have a video interview where Bono confirms it again.

Isn't that what the rooftop SBS performance was for? It was posted somewhere.

Oh, I thought this was a different project. ONE sent the link via twitter and fans on other sites are speculating about U2 being involved, but I didn't realize that the SBS performance was connected to this. Wasn't it for a project called "Inside Out"?

Oh, I thought this was a different project. ONE sent the link via twitter and fans on other sites are speculating about U2 being involved, but I didn't realize that the SBS performance was connected to this. Wasn't it for a project called "Inside Out"?

Could be wrong, but I thought it was mentioned that it was for a project about protest songs.

What's that yawn? :huh:

Bono doesn't look bored.

Seriously! Looks like a great pic to me! :love:

ok wow, i'm seriously having trouble hearing what Bono is saying in this speech, saying some of this 99% vs. 1% is "far-fetched", Nike as a marketing role model.. just wow... maybe he went on to explain his stance but i couldn't listen any more!

Why would you serenade a buisnessman in the first place, just do that to your wife ?:hmm:

oh jeesus, today has been the last straw - i'm off to the Billy Bragg forum :D

Back
Top Bottom