PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the hell does that article's title even mean?

"Bono’s back U2 his best"

I repeat: WHAT THE HELL.

Edit: I get it now. That's truly, truly terrible. Whoever came up with that should be slapped repeatedly.

What the hell does that article's title even mean?

"Bono’s back U2 his best"

I repeat: WHAT THE HELL.

Edit: I get it now. That's truly, truly terrible. Whoever came up with that should be slapped repeatedly.

I was expending brain power on it too. :lol:

So ok is it like: Bono's back (U HAHA) to his best?

OOH har! :happy:!

Thanks to Rhiannon too because I don't think that particular one had been posted here before. :)

:giggle: You're redeemed.

I checked Barnes& Noble and they do carry that magazine, but that issue isn't on the shelves yet, so I plan to pick one up. :shifty: I'll have to pretend I care all about technology n junk when I buy it. :nerd:

Bono gushed about his friendship with fellow U2 band members, told how the band are calling the next album Ten Reasons to Exist and that they've so far "six very loud reasons",

did he actually say that? i thought it sounded more like "it's like 10 reasons to exist", just a throwaway comment, not the fecking NAME! daft bint!

ok so i will have to eat my hat if it is actually called that! :D

^ I'm wondering about that as well since he didn't really talk about the album title. It seemed more like a usual Bono phrase, at least that's the impression I got from that interview. Anyway, it spread like wildfire across U2 fansites and media and everyone's making it sound like he really did say it was the album title. If anything, I suppose it's more like a joke, an ironic "motto" that the band keeps in mind while working on the music.

did he actually say that? i thought it sounded more like "it's like 10 reasons to exist", just a throwaway comment, not the fecking NAME! daft bint!

ok so i will have to eat my hat if it is actually called that! :D

Nope, he didn't say that. At all.

Certainly didn't expect the bloody interview to join the stupid press bandwagon of taking things out of context and taking Bono's hyperbolic bullshit seriously. :lol: Shows her qualities of journalism I guess.

She's certainly milking this. Pretty pathetic to milk something that isn't worth anything...

I was one of the people who thought that was going to be the title, but it seems I´ve understood badly.
Although the "title" doesn´t seem stupid or anything else.

Oh no, not again. This is NOT news. The media is all over a comment Julian Lennon made some months ago during an interview. We've discussed it in EYKIW. Bono has had problems with his eyes for years, but some people are reacting as if it is something unusual for a 52 year old man's eyesight getting worse.

Comments have been exaggerated to make it sound sensational. I wish Julian Lennon would have kept his mouth shut. Issues like this one shouln't be discussed in public.

We need an album, definitely, too much drama :sigh:

And yes, this is from our national radio programme's news site. :rolleyes:

What do you expect? News media makes news out of him taking his family on a vacation. :huh: Surely anything that has to do with his bodily state of being is MAJOR NEWS! :panic:

^ It's a lot easier to blame the subject of the story than the paper or site "reporting" it. Because we all know the media can do no wrong...

(Or it's easier to tackle a single person than an entire company, or worse, the entire industry.)

What do you expect? News media makes news out of him taking his family on a vacation. :huh: Surely anything that has to do with his bodily state of being is MAJOR NEWS! :panic:

Vacation "news" is, in fact, harmless, even though it's totally needless, in a way. But sensational reports about his health that are gravely exaggerated aren't very funny and they always spread like wildfire. :sigh:

And I don't think only Irish people are sick of Bono. But then again, most people are generally sick of celebrities being in the news for nothing. Without them, some media would have to stop existing, because there would be nothing to report.

I always love what People or EOnline finds to be breaking news on my Google home page.

"Taylor Swift gets a haircut - breaking news here!"

Really? I don't care about who dyed their hair, cut their hair (unless it involves U2 then obviously I'm highly concerned and toil at night) or lost weight OR gained weight.

Yvonne Judge ‏@yvonnejudge

This Saturday on @DaveFanningShow on 2fm, Larry Mullen Jnr tells Dave U2 aiming to have new album released by September. #2fm #U2

I'll hit him with some Pro Marks for a change if that isn't the case!

U2-Larry-Mullens-Dru-463189.jpg

Back
Top Bottom