PLEBA Girls Party ... Bono gets hot & sweaty with Wild,Susan & Jemma In London, Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how they figure out where they are going to put it. I never get how they decide these things.

U2Girl1978 said:

Yea that's too bad. :madspit:

You two don't even start! There isn't even a Pleban on my side of the planet for gosh sakes! What the heck is wrong with the West Coast already! :mad: :wink:

Funny story: I was posting on another board for another band and people were putting in requests for their next American tour, where they wanted to play. So I jokingly put that there is no way they would come to my small town. I'm sure I'll have to drive to LA to see them. Then my good online friend pops in and says, yea there is no way in heck they will come to me either! I'll have to go to LA as well.

So then I said, well maybe we could meet up in LA if they play there. She said that would be cool and asked me where in CA I was from. I told her and then the next morning when I opened up my email there was a note from her.

I opened it up and she was like if you wanna have lunch you can come down and meet me at work! :eek: She worked at the mall that was like 10 minutes from my house! :giggle: She lived in the next small freaking town!

So I went down and met her and we have been best friends ever since. We've traveled to many shows together. But last year she moved to Sacramento for work. I miss her! But we are going to Canada together so its all good. :D

You never know who you might meet online. :giggle:

U2Girl1978 said:

I got relatives on the west coast! :D

Wait a minute, where are you exactly Mrs. Cat? :lol:

I'm in Redding, California. We are about 3 hours North of Sacramento and 2 1/2 hours south of the Oregon border.

You should visit! I love CA I can't imagine living anywhere else. Well except Europe which I love as well. heheh

daygloeyes2 said:
I went to California back in 2000. We went to LA and San Francisco. It was my 2nd trip to SF. It's one of my favorite cities. :)

I love SF! I go 5 or 6 times a year. Its an amazing place. We shop and go to the art musuem and usually try to catch a concert while we are there.

YOu really do never know who is reading this boards. BAck in 2001 I had some real bad things happen in my life. I was having a real rough go of it. So my friend, who I mentioned above posted on another board that I was a big part of that they should be praying for me. I had been doing alot of publicity on line and around CA for a band that was starting up and they were coming over from Oz to play. So people were starting to wonder what happened to me. So when things got a bit better I started responding to emails. One was from another supposed fan. He said how he was really worried about me and wanted to make sure that I was okay. We started emailing back and forth everyday. I eventually told him what had happened and he was this amazing light and comfort during the time.

So a few weeks later my friend and I traveled to LA to see the band play live at the Roxy in Hollywood and at an instore show on Sunset. When we walked in and I said hi to their manager. She got all excited and kept hugging me and then motioned towards the lead singer who was in the middle of singing. He got a big smile on his face and nodded at me, then mouthed "Don't go anyplace!" Then the manager gave me all of this merchandise. T-shirts, stickers, a set-list the band had signed personally to me. I was like what the heck is going on?!

Ends up the supposed fan I had been talking to was really the lead singer of this band! He was so sweet! AFter the show at the Roxy we stood out on Sunset at 2am talking for a while. He took me aside in the alley and told me some stuff about another band that he was involved with. It was some huge news that hadn't been made public yet. It was the nicest gesture anyone had ever made to me. He told me that the rumors were true they would be touring and then told me the exact dates so I could be prepared. He hugged me and told me to keep the faith in God and in music and that he would be praying for me.

So never underestimate on line friends....they may shock the heck out of you one day. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I love SF! I go 5 or 6 times a year. Its an amazing place. We shop and go to the art musuem and usually try to catch a concert while we are there.

It's such a nice city. But it was strange being there in the summer and having to wear jeans and a coat. :lol:

Russty Cat said:
YOu really do never know who is reading this boards. BAck in 2001 I had some real bad things happen in my life. I was having a real rough go of it. So my friend, who I mentioned above posted on another board that I was a big part of that they should be praying for me. I had been doing alot of publicity on line and around CA for a band that was starting up and they were coming over from Oz to play. So people were starting to wonder what happened to me. So when things got a bit better I started responding to emails. One was from another supposed fan. He said how he was really worried about me and wanted to make sure that I was okay. We started emailing back and forth everyday. I eventually told him what had happened and he was this amazing light and comfort during the time.

So a few weeks later my friend and I traveled to LA to see the band play live at the Roxy in Hollywood and at an instore show on Sunset. When we walked in and I said hi to their manager. She got all excited and kept hugging me and then motioned towards the lead singer who was in the middle of singing. He got a big smile on his face and nodded at me, then mouthed "Don't go anyplace!" Then the manager gave me all of this merchandise. T-shirts, stickers, a set-list the band had signed personally to me. I was like what the heck is going on?!

Ends up the supposed fan I had been talking to was really the lead singer of this band! He was so sweet! AFter the show at the Roxy we stood out on Sunset at 2am talking for a while. He took me aside in the alley and told me some stuff about another band that he was involved with. It was some huge news that hadn't been made public yet. It was the nicest gesture anyone had ever made to me. He told me that the rumors were true they would be touring and then told me the exact dates so I could be prepared. He hugged me and told me to keep the faith in God and in music and that he would be praying for me.

So never underestimate on line friends....they may shock the heck out of you one day. :wink:

Wow! That's pretty cool! What band was this? :shifty:

daygloeyes2 said:

It's such a nice city. But it was strange being there in the summer and having to wear jeans and a coat. :lol:

The weather is very unpredictable, but for some reason it just adds to the magic of the city for me. I have a major love affair with SF. Mr. Cat and I honeymooned there and I've been smitten ever since. There is nothing like sitting on the pier eating chocolates and coffee in the misty rain with the one you love. *happy sigh* it was a good time.

U2Girl1978 said:

Wow! That's pretty cool! What band was this? :shifty:

THey are called "Ether". I haven't had any contact with them in ages. There was problems with there manager and the tour went to heck. As far as I know they are still together, but I think they have moved on to other things as well.

My location under my name is kind of my way of doing a shout out to the guys, where ever they may be. And I still wear my t-shirt all around town and tell people about them. Heck for a while there was even a band sponsored website that had photography I had done on it. I was so proud they put up a blurb that said all the photography was professionally done by me. It was really cool to be recognized as a part of the history of the band.

"G" where ever you maybe, I still luv ya! :hug: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom