Will Australia and NZ always be one tour behind from now on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Well, bomb songs are hardly being played anymore, while atyclb songs are being played more than ever on this tour. seems like u2 wanted to compensate australians and new zealanders for not getting elevation. will we see a lot of bomb songs being played, when the next tour hits this part of the world, then?

:nerd:

I dont think they will compensate and think they have to play more bombs songs too make up for what we could of had...

They will have atleast one new album before they tour next which alot of those songs will feature on there setlists...

i just dont think they would enough room on there setlist for that.

No, because they played some Bomb songs. They hadnt played any ATYCLB obviously.

They still played:
City
Vertigo
Sometimes
Love And Peace (except Auckland 2)

Not sure why they would play more the next time.

Bono in Melb said:
I'm just glad they Came.
Yes I'm with you. Sure these shows were subject to the usual setlist analysis (crap show or great show assessments based on seeing the setlist on a computer screen) but it is worth remembering that all cities on the Australian and NZ leg had not seen U2 in either 8 or 13 years. So we were happy with anything. Yes it was the U218 tour but to be there was unreal for us.

Last edited:
I agree, this leg has been nothing short of sensational. Loved the stadium shows, going to numerous gigs, huge crowds and U2 performed with a real passion.

I think with the success of the current tour U2 won't overlook us again so easily. Hopefully next time they come down they will be supporting an album which has a fresh sound and bring a tour which is either really stripped down or a tour which is innovative and exciting.

I'm still waiting for New Zealand to be compensated for missing out on the Popmart and pre-Boy tours. :mad:

I didn't think there were that many ATYCLB songs compared to Bomb... *thinks* ...

Elevation, BD, Stuck, Kite

COBL, Vertigo, LAPOE, Sometimes...

So it was even. And we got Saints are Coming, which is new (and went off like a frog in a sock, to quote another Irishman!).

What I'd like to know is whether Australia/NZ/Japan will always be at the end of the tours. I never saw U2 before the recent Melbourne shows, but everyone says the band was on fire compared to earlier tours. I can't help but think that having that 8-month break did wonders for them in that respect.

Obviously I would have been just as delirious with joy to see them in March, as per the original plan; but we've had a chance to see what a fresh, energised U2 looks like, as opposed to a U2 that's been touring for a year and is probably completely knackered. :wink:

Alison

blueeyedgirl said:
Pre-Boy???? :huh: They couldn't bring Cartoon World to NZ, eh?

:lol:

I will not be content until U2 play Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over in New Zealand! TWENTY TIMES! I demand compensation! :rant:

Shawn Bonneau said:
Yahweh was done once this leg

SMB

Twice, in fact: Brisbane and Sydney I.

Alisaura said:
Elevation, BD, Stuck, Kite

COBL, Vertigo, LAPOE, Sometimes...

So it was even.

You're right, it was even, but you're forgetting Yahweh for HTDAAB and Walk On for ATYCLB.

And personally, given that Saints is a cover, I wouldn't be considering it in any tally of "new" stuff.

I don't think anyone should be drawing any conclusions about future Australasian legs on the basis of this one. Skipping Elevation, 5th leg of Vertigo being so long after the release of HTDAAB, and release of U218 make for unique circumstances.

I Can't see the logic of playing more HTDAAB tracks on future tours (Maybe I should?). But I can see a repeat of an ATYCLB/HTDAAB (best of) leg if the financials don't stack up again.

I think you guys can be happy that they are using some variation in the new leg of the tour.

Instead of doing the same old setlist over and over again.

schnumi said:
I think you guys can be happy that they are using some variation in the new leg of the tour.

Instead of doing the same old setlist over and over again.
Exactly! Was great that they did Walk On, Stuck In A Moment, Kite for us. And then we got some other specials like The First Time and Bad.

Niceman said:
Didn't they play In A LIttle While?

No. It was snippeted a couple of times.

It has only been played in full twice this tour, both times on the third leg, in Toronto and Las Vegas.

Axver said:

No. It was snippeted a couple of times.

It has only been played in full twice this tour, both times on the third leg, in Toronto and Las Vegas.

Usually the In A Little While "snippet" is a whole verse and a chorus... That's not so bad....

Back
Top Bottom