Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oceane said:

Out of Control !!!:rockon:

When is the last time it was played on this tour? I remember when they played in one of the Toronto Elevation shows, I think it was only the second time in a million years, I was second row in front of the stage and one of the best 5 minutes of my life :drool: Everyone just went mental...

Last done on 1 November 2005 for Larry's birthday. And you're quite right, it was done at the third Toronto show. In total, it's been done eight times so far this tour. Tonight's is the ninth.

I was at its Vertigo Tour debut on 26 May 2005. It was totally spontaneous - the rest of the band was going into WOWY when Bono yelled for OOC. It was so ramshackle, Edge even forgot the solo, but it was one of the best performances just for the atmosphere and enthusiasm within the venue that it represented.

bgmckinney said:
Ax, have you heard the Saitama I OTH yet? Jut listened to it - may be my favorite so far.

I heard it. I was frickin' there!

But where can I listen to it now?

Alisaura said:
I'm sensing an impending Melbourne U2-fan meetup.... woo!

That would be cool! It seems Interferencers has a pretty decent amount of Melbournians. We should organise one for early in the new year. Maybe my housewarming party. :wink:

from u2tour.de:

Wake up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / She Loves You-Snippet
Elevation
Out of Control
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
In A Little While-Snippet
Beautiful Day

Axver said:

Last done on 1 November 2005 for Larry's birthday. And you're quite right, it was done at the third Toronto show. In total, it's been done eight times so far this tour. Tonight's is the ninth.

I was at its Vertigo Tour debut on 26 May 2005. It was totally spontaneous - the rest of the band was going into WOWY when Bono yelled for OOC. It was so ramshackle, Edge even forgot the solo, but it was one of the best performances just for the atmosphere and enthusiasm within the venue that it represented.

Was that the show where Bono kept shouting Adam Clayton,Adam Clayton!And they changed the tune at the begining?

bgmckinney said:
Ax, have you heard the Saitama I OTH yet? Jut listened to it - may be my favorite so far.

I've heard just BD from that show. I don't tend to do bootlegs much any more. Sounded like great audio quality.

The end of OTH at Auckland II was just so emotional though. I've never been so affected by anything else I've ever heard live.

They did the In a little while snippet at Boston in December - it was pretty good. Looks like a good setlist....

Off to another meeting now....

gmc said:

Was that the show where Bono kept shouting Adam Clayton,Adam Clayton!And they changed the tune at the begining?

That's the one! Edge was scrambling for a different guitar while Adam just seemed off in his own little world! :lol:

kennerado said:
I like that idea Andre hehe

Heh, so do I. I'm probably going to be pretty lonely and bored down in Melbourne until uni starts.

two shots said:
They did the In a little while snippet at Boston in December - it was pretty good. Looks like a good setlist....

The IALW snippet works decently enough. I'm no fan of it, but I'd just like to say for the record that I'm not as opposed to the IALW snippet as some may think. The main reason I hate IALW is because of Bono's dreadful singing, and, well, his singing on the current tour is better, so IALW doesn't sound like total shit to me!

bgmckinney said:

U2start.com has the whole show, as does U2torrents. Or I can upload the one song later if you want.

I will check those sites out. The thought that I could have the entire I show I was at to keep is wow. . .amazing. I understand the sound quality might not be great but that's fine.

Axver said:

actually... U2 didn't play the song that nite November 1 2005.. A girl band called EXIT did.. Bono did a little back up singing but that's it.. The other 3 were sitting on the stage watching...
I was there that night and it was quite incredible ..THOSE GIRLS CAN PLAY ROCK AND ROLL!!!:wink:

maycocksean said:

I will check those sites out. The thought that I could have the entire I show I was at to keep is wow. . .amazing. I understand the sound quality might not be great but that's fine.

Actually the sound quality is very good.

So, what's coming next? Angel Of Harlem? Yahweh for the first time since Sydney I? Stuck In A Moment for the first time since Melbourne I? AIWIY? WITS? OOTS's fifth leg debut? BASS TRAP?

... Mofo on ukelele? :hyper:

maycocksean said:

This is a top notch recording.If you where there you won't be disappointed in this I promise.

Axver said:
Heh, so do I. I'm probably going to be pretty lonely and bored down in Melbourne until uni starts.

Ah, for the life of a uni student... 3 months off... no money...

Hmm.

Is there a bootleg of this show with the spontaneous OOC?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

actually... U2 didn't play the song that nite November 1 2005.. A girl band called EXIT did.. Bono did a little back up singing but that's it.. The other 3 were sitting on the stage watching...
I was there that night and it was quite incredible ..THOSE GIRLS CAN PLAY ROCK AND ROLL!!!:wink:

If I remember correctly, didn't U2 progressively take their instruments back as the song progressed?

Or was that another performance of OOC? I know it was done with other bands a couple of times on Vertigo, and I definitely remember one performance where a progressive hand-over of instruments took place during the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom