Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gmc said:
Being at the Leeds show,where was it broadcast.Was it broadcast live?
The info file I have in the show I downloaded says this:

"Live from Leeds, England on August 28th, 1997 at Roundhay Park. This was broadcast (in error) on French radio in Dec, 1997."

Seems it was broadcast in error. Not really sure what that means. Anyone care to elaborate? Maybe the radio station was meant to broadcast something else... but if so how did they happen have a version of Leeds Popmart hanging about?

Axver said:

We just need to talk about snippets like we did at the last party!

I found another snippet of Bono singing Madonna's Material Girl at the start of LNOE. :lol:

Also, I don't suppose anyone here has the recently leaked bootleg of Popmart Thessaloniki? I don't ask because I need it; I ask because the snippet at the end of AIWIY has me a little baffled.

I have the discs- what song number was it, I can try and listen to it now

AndrewCowley said:

The info file I have in the show I downloaded says this:

"Live from Leeds, England on August 28th, 1997 at Roundhay Park. This was broadcast (in error) on French radio in Dec, 1997."

Seems it was broadcast in error. Not really sure what that means. Anyone care to elaborate? Maybe the radio station was meant to broadcast something else... but if so how did they happen have a version of Leeds Popmart hanging about?

They meant to broadcast Popmart Paris. Somehow, they broadcast Leeds instead!

I liked Bono's quote at that show regarding the Flower people or children....."There's some Flower people(children) down there.Every gig,now.Must be all on the Internet or something are ya?I can't even operate the hoover,man!".

Axver said:

They meant to broadcast Popmart Paris. Somehow, they broadcast Leeds instead!
Someone in U2's organisation must have given the radio station Leeds instead of Paris then. One would assume that the radio station simply broadcast whatever they were given. Funny mistake.

Lila64 said:

I have the discs- what song number was it, I can try and listen to it now

It should be track 11 of the first disc, between ISHFWILF and Desire.

gmc said:
I liked Bono's quote at that show regarding the Flower people or children....."There's some Flower people(children) down there.Every gig,now.Must be all on the Internet or something are ya?I can't even operate the hoover,man!".

I love his quote at the start of EBTTRT:

"Good people of Yorkshire, George Harrison says you shouldn't be here! It's all big fookin' hats and lemons and air! Well, I've one thing for you, George: pump it up!"

^ That's why they all creased up when Bono threw in the snippet of Something during Mysterious Ways..

*makes mental note to listen to this one again*

I remember the comments, coming back from my long term memory. If only Pop was any good I'm sure I'd of listened to this more often.

Lila64 said:
don't know what that snippet is at the end of AIWIY, Axver. He does keep repeating 'by the waterside'

I've had Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay and Take Me To The River reported to me, and it's true that a couple of lines do bear resemblances to those songs, but I'm not convinced that's at all what Bono's snippeting.

Axver said:

I love his quote at the start of EBTTRT:

"Good people of Yorkshire, George Harrison says you shouldn't be here! It's all big fookin' hats and lemons and air! Well, I've one thing for you, George: pump it up!"

That sounds vaguely familiar... what was he referring to?

George Harrison was slagging of U2 at the time & new music in general.He said all U2 do is wear cowboy hats.....

adrball said:

That's right. But I've always taken those comments as being meaningless. Like "Sexy People"

Considering the eye-full Bono's probably getting from some of the rabid fangirls in the front row, I'm not so sure the "sexy people" line is meaningless from his perspective. :wink:

Also, while we're sharing funny U2 quotes ...

One of the funniest moments of Auckland II took place during Kanye West's set. As it was his last night, he was giving a list of thank yous to people such as his crew, and then "Bono, Adam, Edge, and Lenny".

When U2 took the stage, my friends and I couldn't help but point and yell "LENNY MULLEN JUNIOR, WOOO!!"

Axver said:

I've had Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay and Take Me To The River reported to me, and it's true that a couple of lines do bear resemblances to those songs, but I'm not convinced that's at all what Bono's snippeting.

the snippet doesn't resemble the two songs you mentioned above at all! :scratch:

AndrewCowley said:
Who is the support for Japan then?

Nobody.

Which I think means U2 should play a three hour set. <insert righteous indignation here> :mad: :mad:

"Going back to Tiffanys.Tiffanys with those fucking Palm Trees,we brought a few Palm Trees with us,you'll see 'em later.And 40 foot lemon of course". Same show ,Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom