Opener for Oct 4-14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steved1998

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Keane is set to open for U2 Oct. 4-14

This comes from a friend of mine who works in the tour marketing dept at Interscope

You heard it here first.

Steve

I saw them open in Barcelona. :shrug: They are ok.

Maybe better than KOL, but not by much as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm kind of looking forward to this. Sure there are a slew of groups I'd rather see, but I do kind of like Keane. I thought they did a really good job at Live8.

Steved1998 said:

This comes from a friend of mine who works in the tour marketing dept at Interscope

You heard it here first.

Steve

I'd rather see Kings of Leon anyday! The Vertigo Tour is a rock show, not a piano-driven alternative concert!

Keane should be opening for a band like Coldplay or Snow Patrol, not U2. I don't like them in that role at all.

EDIT-In fact, I don't like them in any role. :wink:

martha said:
Thank God I don't have tickets for any of those shows. :|

*is still on knees praying for Arcade Fire or Kanye West*

I agree, I'd rather see Kanye West, even though he's not exactly the same genre. But he brings across the same message in his music and it'd be a great segway into U2's set. And having Arcade Fire would just be a living orgasm in the arena. :wink:

martha said:
Thank God I don't have tickets for any of those shows. :|

*is still on knees praying for Arcade Fire or Kanye West*

I saw Keane live... liked them a lot. It would be great to see them on 10/4 since it is my birthday.

Ehem, as mentioned earlier I consider Kanye West =
crapola-logo.gif

* still on knees praying for Kanye West to get a bad throat disease for the DC shows so I do not have to go through that torture that some people call music *

Last edited:
I saw Keane play not too long ago, as well. They weren't too bad. Their music is nice but a little slow for my taste. The lead singer does have stage presence, I mean, he's no Bono but he's not bad.

Wish I couldn't had Keane rather than Kings Of Shit at the three Boston first leg shows.

So Boston will have two different opening acts if they are starting on the 4th. I wonder who will open Boston on the 3rd

bostonfly said:
So Boston will have two different opening acts if they are starting on the 4th. I wonder who will open Boston on the 3rd

Forget it, I see atu2.com is reporting they are opening on the 3rd also.

Steved1998 said:

You heard it here first.

Steve

:hmm:.......i guess it will be OK to be late for the concert then.....

Axver said:
Wish I couldn't had Keane rather than Kings Of Shit at the three Boston first leg shows.

I've seen Kings of Leon 14 or 15 times now... :yuck: i'll take anyone or anything over them.

ruffian said:

I've seen Kings of Leon 14 or 15 times now... :yuck: i'll take anyone or anything over them.

God ruffin - I didn't even think about that :yikes:

I saw them 4 times and that was enough - even though I went out to buy their new album as I needed to figure out what the singer was saying
p.s. it was "milk"

nurse chrissi said:

God ruffin - I didn't even think about that :yikes:

I saw them 4 times and that was enough - even though I went out to buy their new album as I needed to figure out what the singer was saying
p.s. it was "milk"

:lol: i had whole conversations with people during their performance about what they thought the words were. i can still here that opening song.

CHECK ONE TWO...CHECCCCCCCCCCCCCK.

:vomit:

I kind of going to miss KOL on the 3rd leg. :( I only saw them 6 times but gained an affection for them during the 3 Boston shows.

I just wish I would have understood anything the singer ever sang. Does anyone know what the squeal song was about?

ruffian said:

:lol: i had whole conversations with people during their performance about what they thought the words were. i can still here that opening song.

My sister and I went to see a concert at the USF Sundome last weekend. The tickets didn't say who the opening band was, and the sound system was soooooooooo bad, no one could figure out what the band was saying. All the people around us were asking each other who the band was. We were all trying to figure out what they were called :lol:.

kellyahern said:

For one song, I swear it was something like, "intuckandrollo" :shrug: :scratch:

:lmao:

OMG I so remember that...and it was very repetitive, right? I think it was I Drop and Roll.

:shudder:

once I looked behind me and there was a guy rockin' out...and then i saw he had earbuds in and a U2 ipod.

ramblin rose said:

I just wish I would have understood anything the singer ever sang. Does anyone know what the squeal song was about?

I was going to type that one out at first, but realized I couldn't even make that one into something that sounded like a word :reject:.

Was it the song that went "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii . . ."?

ruffian said:

:lmao:

OMG I so remember that...and it was very repetitive, right? I think it was I Drop and Roll.

:shudder:

once I looked behind me and there was a guy rockin' out...and then i saw he had earbuds in and a U2 ipod.

Yep, that must be it. He repeated it several times :lol:.

We need to come up with a KOL language or translator :wink:.

nurse chrissi, I had the same experience after the concerts. I don't like KOL's music, but the songs (or the sounds of the songs) would get stuck in my head :shifty:.

ok, i will personally pay each boy in KOL $50 to eat mashed potatoes and twinkies. i overhead a woman say, "what have they all had ass-ectomies???"

Back
Top Bottom