Mexico City I Setlist Watch and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RA-D said:
no offence to the blind optimists amongst you, but if the first and second legs are anything to go by, they've soundchecked any new songs they're adding to the set.

In Manchester, night 1 they soundchecked I Will Follow (and Wish You Were Here :drool: ) and the second night they soundchecked AIWIY and ISHFWILF which were both added into the 2005 tour that night (Axver, I could be wrong, feel free to correct my sacrilege)

Mmmm....I still remember hearing the guitar to AIWIY echo round while I was stood outside, and there were cheers. Then he sang "rain" in the soundcheck (for the fans benefit i assume). Lovely

Axver said:

4 October 2005, Boston - Bono was still singing "dignity passes by" when a high-pitched backing track of pre-recorded Bono singing the chorus came in.

anyone have that audio?

RA-D said:
no offence to the blind optimists amongst you, but if the first and second legs are anything to go by, they've soundchecked any new songs they're adding to the set.

In Manchester, night 1 they soundchecked I Will Follow (and Wish You Were Here :drool: ) and the second night they soundchecked AIWIY and ISHFWILF which were both added into the 2005 tour that night (Axver, I could be wrong, feel free to correct my sacrilege)

I think you're right on the IWF, AIWIY, ISHFWILF count.

However, they didn't introduce Crumbs until the third leg even though it was soundchecked on the first. Same for Stuck In A Moment. EBTTRT and Please are understood to have been checked on the first leg. Mofo was DEFINITELY soundchecked multiple times on the third leg. The Wanderer was obviously checked too and I'm surprised it never made it to a full tour gig. I also think Paul McGuinness confirmed to a fan that Lemon was rehearsed at some point.

wenda said:
Hey patti!! It was alright...then I got distracted AGAIN by the Olympics. What is up with me today?

the Olympics can do that to a person. Otherwise, how are you doing?

YES I HAVE TICKETS FOR TOMORROW SHOW AND I CAN SEND INFO ABOUT THE SETLIST OR MAYBE I CAN SEND AUDIO STREAM FROM MY CELL PHONE JUST PEOPLE HERE TELL ME HOW CAN I SEND THIS AUDIO FOR A POSSIBLE STREAM??????

Axver said:

I think you're right on the IWF, AIWIY, ISHFWILF count.

However, they didn't introduce Crumbs until the third leg even though it was soundchecked on the first. Same for Stuck In A Moment. EBTTRT and Please are understood to have been checked on the first leg. Mofo was DEFINITELY soundchecked multiple times on the third leg. The Wanderer was obviously checked too and I'm surprised it never made it to a full tour gig. I also think Paul McGuinness confirmed to a fan that Lemon was rehearsed at some point.

i wasn't questioning that, i just don't think they'd introduce Mofo, or anything else, on a night when it hasn't been soundchecked. Apparently soundcheck was Miracle Drug and The Fly (?) so I'm with you on the Zoo Station/The Fly encore. Lucky people.

I don't like this mixing of phone calls, studio & taped U2 music...it is intensely confusing and fatiguing to listen to.

I feel like Ron Burgundy...

"You know I don't speak Spanish, English please."

That's how I roll.

pepepotro said:
YES I HAVE TICKETS FOR TOMORROW SHOW AND I CAN SEND INFO ABOUT THE SETLIST OR MAYBE I CAN SEND AUDIO STREAM FROM MY CELL PHONE JUST PEOPLE HERE TELL ME HOW CAN I SEND THIS AUDIO FOR A POSSIBLE STREAM??????

I wanted to quote this to make sure everyone read this!!!!!!!!

1093699.jpg

Live picture..

Lila can you talk to pepepotro about being a source? I think you know more about it than me

This crazy mix of studio, phone, and concert makes it sound like they're playing Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me Kill Me right now. :(

Back
Top Bottom