MERGED-->U2 are moving to Montreal???? + This just in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredstab

The Fly
U2 are moving to Montreal????

Welll...Bono Said at The Montreal concert, that he has a very very special announcent. U2 are moving soon to Montreal?????

Are they serious?

Re: U2 are moving to Montreal????

fredstab said:
Welll...Bono Said at The Montreal concert, that he has a very very special announcent. U2 are moving soon to Montreal????? Are they serious?
So you start this discussion just because you guess that U2 are moving to Montreal? :rolleyes:

Re: Re: U2 are moving to Montreal????

Neilz said:

So you start this discussion just because you guess that U2 are moving to Montreal? :rolleyes:

He's not guessing. He is trying to find out more information and clarify what Bono said. I am curious as to what Bono meant too actually.

I guess he was just joking. But its weird that he would say that.

Re: Re: U2 are moving to Montreal????

Neilz said:

Bono actually said, in French, that they were coming to live in Montreal. Did he mean that symbolically or not (Montreal crowds are always amazing), I don't know. But they do love this city!

I'm not speculating.

BONO SAID : U2 are moving in Montreal!!!

La presse (newspaper here) has the same story.

Bono was really serious...He didn't laugh...It doesn't look like a joke.

BUT, my feeling is that's not TRUE.

Maybe He just bought a house in the Montreal area like many Artist. (To be here 4-5 weekends a year...)

It's now COOL to live in Montreal, because of all the beautiful girls here (best girls in America), Guy Laliberte and The Cirque Du Soleil, Arcade Fire and the new Montreal musical scene.

So, it might be a strange joke that Bono Said, but he look so much sincere and was not laughing at all.

The Crowd cheered so much the news and he didn't said anything else after...

So, No one knows, but Bono might come live here in Montreal!

Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

Yesterday in Montreal, the U2 concert was my 18th U2 concert.

In 2001 in Montreal, Bono Said : Montreal are the Loudest place in the world to play.

Yesterday, Bono made SO MANY comments about how crazy montreal crowd is. AMAZING, CRAZY, Beautiful was his words. (and he said that so many times)

I always thought that Boston and New York and Toronto were by far the best U2 crowd in America.

Now, its clear That I think and That U2 thinks that Montreal is by far the best city in America.

I saw many concerts in Boston, New York and Toronto. And let me tell you that Montreal is for sure 2 or 3 times MORE Louder and more Crazy that the other cities.

This is the place to be. this is the place to see U2 in Concert.

Now that U2 are moving in Montreal (i'm not sure about this, but this is what Bono Said in concert yesterday) (the newspaper reports the same thing)

So, I'm hoping that the new U2 album will be record here in Montreal and/or the next Live tour dvd.

Montreal is much cooler and louder that all the other cities in America.

Thanks U2 and Thanks all Montreal CRAZY Fans!

fredstab said:

It's now COOL to live in Montreal, because of all the beautiful girls here (best girls in America), Guy Laliberte and The Cirque Du Soleil, Arcade Fire and the new Montreal musical scene.

Montréal is a wicked city, I agree, but I wouldn't say that the Cirque has anything to do with it :wink:

Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

fredstab said:
Yesterday in Montreal, the U2 concert was my 18th U2 concert.

In 2001 in Montreal, Bono Said : Montreal are the Loudest place in the world to play.

Yesterday, Bono made SO MANY comments about how crazy montreal crowd is. AMAZING, CRAZY, Beautiful was his words. (and he said that so many times)

I always thought that Boston and New York and Toronto were by far the best U2 crowd in America.

Now, its clear That I think and That U2 thinks that Montreal is by far the best city in America.

I saw many concerts in Boston, New York and Toronto. And let me tell you that Montreal is for sure 2 or 3 times MORE Louder and more Crazy that the other cities.

This is the place to be. this is the place to see U2 in Concert.

Now that U2 are moving in Montreal (i'm not sure about this, but this is what Bono Said in concert yesterday) (the newspaper reports the same thing)

So, I'm hoping that the new U2 album will be record here in Montreal and/or the next Live tour dvd.

Montreal is much cooler and louder that all the other cities in America.

Thanks U2 and Thanks all Montreal CRAZY Fans!

Montreal is definitely a great party city - love visiting there. Wonderful people up there.

Yeah, I kind of laughed when he said they were going to move to Montreal, but now with all of this speculation...

Montreal fans are definitely crazy. But I thought it was the same in all cities. I don't know why we would be any different. Anyways, the one bad part about that is we couldn't hear Bono's highest note during Miss Sarajevo which I was really looking forward to. :(

If you are an English speaking American, or Canadian for that matter, Montreal is NOT a great place to live at all!!!!!

Speaking from personal experience. It might be a fine place to visit, but it's tough to live there if you don't speak French.

Although I will say they are loud for U2. Saw them on the Elevation tour there.

juxta30 said:
If you are an English speaking American, or Canadian for that matter, Montreal is NOT a great place to live at all!!!!!

Speaking from personal experience. It might be a fine place to visit, but it's tough to live there if you don't speak French.

Most people in Montreal and the surrounding areas speak atleast a little english. And I'd say about 30% speak it fluently. Maybe you're referring to the outside regions where most french canadians live.

I've lived in Montreal/laval for 20 years, and I really like it here. Although from time to time, I do get annoyed with the constant independence issue. But you can't blame these people, they don't know any better. Quebec society forces them to ONLY learn french and be afraid of anything that is not french.

Anyways. I'm sure if Bono comes here, it will only be as a vacation area. Just like Michaeal Douglas and Zeta Jones. Hope its true though.

why would they move when there having a new recording studio built in dublin,

and then they would be taking there children out of there schools etc...

Last edited:
^ fresh inspiration, perhaps?...Something the latest album lacks (IMO).

Anyway, I doubt it. I'm relatively certain he was just playing to the crowd, and he sure did it well.

KUEFC09U2 said:
why would they move when there having a new recording studio built in dublin,

and then they would be taking there children out of there schools etc...

That's EXACTLY what I thought yesterday. But with Bono comments and the writing on the news papers. It seems more a news than a rumour. Directly from Bono's mouth....

We'll see

I think Bono was just showing his appreciation for the crowd. The crowd was incredible, what a great experience!

I could see them recording an album here... that might be why he'd say "U2" is moving to Montreal (as opposed to Bono himself, for example).

anyone know if there's any thruth in the rumor that U2 could come back to Montreal in 2006? I got a presale code from u2.com for the upcoming shows in South America and New Zealand, but I'm going to keep my opportunity if they should decide to come back in Quebec

I am sorry but there is no way I believe that U2 are moving to Montreal nor going to record their next album here. None of it makes sense. It's a nice dream! but I am sure he was just showing appreciation for an amazing crowd. Loudest U2 show I have ever been to.
I am sure they love the city and enjoy visiting, but would be surprised if there was any truth to what he said at all.

I think Bono was just pandering to the crowd, as usual, but he was very sincere in the appreciation he showed for the energy of the fans in the building.

I also think he was playing to the crowd. Sure, they could record an album there, but with a new studio in Dublin waiting for them, why would they?

They can always partially record in Montreal for ideas then go back to Dublin to finish recording

kind of like how the Pop sessions went to Miami and the Achtung sessions were in Berlin

although neither one worked too well...

well... berlin worked, they just didn't realize it at the time

and actually miami worked too... they just didn't have enough time to finish it to their liking.

not for nothing... those two albums, recorded in other places, are the most creative ones and best lyrical albums they've ever done in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom