MERGED-->U2 are moving to Montreal???? + This just in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
well... berlin worked, they just didn't realize it at the time

and actually miami worked too... they just didn't have enough time to finish it to their liking.

not for nothing... those two albums, recorded in other places, are the most creative ones and best lyrical albums they've ever done in my opinion.

Agreed.

If you are an English speaking American, or Canadian for that matter, Montreal is NOT a great place to live at all!!!!!

I don't know what you're talking about. I speak about fifteen words of French, and I've lived here over a year. Other than the occasional frustrating Subway employee who can't understand what to put on my sub, I rarely have any translation problems.

Mike

maybe if they go record in montreal we'll get songs about strippers, hockey, beer and molson, eh :hmm:

U2-Poutine.png

Why would they want to move to Montreal? The city is a haven for the Russian mafia and is the car bomb capital of North America.

Well i have lived in Montreal all my life...and i love it here...:)

But i don't think i would take what Bono said last night seriously...i think he was just having fun with us.

Although U2 are welcome here anytime they want....:hug:..i think they figured that much last night....:)

slimJim said:
Why would they want to move to Montreal? The city is a haven for the Russian mafia and is the car bomb capital of North America.
Least crimes comitted per capita in the whole of Canada :wink:

maybe if they go record in montreal we'll get songs about strippers, hockey, beer and molson, eh :hmm:

:lol:

Hi Fred :wave: (I remember you from San Diego!)

Yes, like usual, Montreal was absolutely crazy and loud and you could tell U2 loved every minute of it (and it made me wonder why no DVD has been recorded THERE!) but are they moving there? No way, Bono always talks like that - just pandering to the audience.

I saw the article in La Presse too but they just quoted him, there's nothing in it saying they're actually taking Bono's words seriously.

Best quote of the night though? "Vive Montreal, Vive les Habs, Vive U2 a Montreal"...I KNEW IT! Bono's a Habs FAN!!! Woohoo!

:wink:

Hey Girl!

How are you?

Are you there tonight?

I'm on the Floor again, hope to see you!

I personally don't think it's true that The band is coming to Montreal, but i'm thinking they might record parts of the new album here and they will buy or rent something here in Montreal. I HEARD that Bono was looking for some place to buy or rent here!

So, we''ll see...

See ya :)
ladywithspinninghead said:

:lol:

Hi Fred :wave: (I remember you from San Diego!)

Yes, like usual, Montreal was absolutely crazy and loud and you could tell U2 loved every minute of it (and it made me wonder why no DVD has been recorded THERE!) but are they moving there? No way, Bono always talks like that - just pandering to the audience.

I saw the article in La Presse too but they just quoted him, there's nothing in it saying they're actually taking Bono's words seriously.

Best quote of the night though? "Vive Montreal, Vive les Habs, Vive U2 a Montreal"...I KNEW IT! Bono's a Habs FAN!!! Woohoo!

:wink:

Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

fredstab said:

I saw many concerts in Boston, New York and Toronto. And let me tell you that Montreal is for sure 2 or 3 times MORE Louder
I'm gonna guess this is scientifically unlikely.

Political hammering while working on new music or just political aspirations????

Re: Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

Hewson said:
I'm gonna guess this is scientifically unlikely.

I think most people who attended Toronto, New York and Boston (as I have as well) will agree that Montreal is MUCH, MUCH louder than these 3 cities (but it`s not like Toronto has a reputation of being loud anyway!). The cheering is much louder but not necessarily the singalongs.

fredstab said:
Hey Girl!

How are you?

Are you there tonight?

I'm on the Floor again, hope to see you!

I personally don't think it's true that The band is coming to Montreal, but i'm thinking they might record parts of the new album here and they will buy or rent something here in Montreal. I HEARD that Bono was looking for some place to buy or rent here!

So, we''ll see...

See ya :)

Salut!

well, I bet any plan to relocate to Montreal would go out the window after experiencing our cold weather. He`s mentionned a few times how cold it is yet really, this is nothing compared to January and February, haha!

I`m afraid I`m not going to tonight`s show (I`m kicking myself, trust me!) - have fun!

Re: Re: Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

I think most people who attended Toronto, New York and Boston (as I have as well) will agree that Montreal is MUCH, MUCH louder than these 3 cities (but it`s not like Toronto has a reputation of being loud anyway!). The cheering is much louder but not necessarily the singalongs.

I remember reading U2's crew used to measure the decibels off the crowd during the show on Elevation tour, and Montreal was one of, if not THE loudest shows.

well... berlin worked, they just didn't realize it at the time

and actually miami worked too... they just didn't have enough time to finish it to their liking.

I thought Dublin afterwards worked better than Berlin, at that time.

Miami, you think?

I think he was just talking about the U2 shows, personally.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

U2girl said:

I remember reading U2's crew used to measure the decibels off the crowd during the show on Elevation tour, and Montreal was one of, if not THE loudest shows.

Yes, I was at a show back in 2001 when Bono actually went to the back during the show and came back to report that the decibel reading was actually off the charts.

It was cute to see Bono walking around with his fingers in his ears.

Oh man, by just writing about it I`m sooo tempted to jump on a bus and go to tonight`s gig too :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Montreal the new capital of U2 in America???

Oh man, by just writing about it I`m sooo tempted to jump on a bus and go to tonight`s gig too :hmm:
I know what you mean..>Saturday was nuts and I am still in the hunt for 28th GAs for tonight :drool: :drool: :drool:

I think he was just playing the crowd. The other band members didn't even understand what he was saying. I was close to the front so I saw Bono telling Adam and Larry what he said and they started laughing. It was just a joke.

vira said:
I think he was just playing the crowd. The other band members didn't even understand what he was saying. I was close to the front so I saw Bono telling Adam and Larry what he said and they started laughing. It was just a joke.

Oh yes, I meant to include this! I saw Larry laughing at this!

Definitely just a joke!

And I wouldn't extrapolate from this comment either that U2 will record there or base themselves there in any way.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Julie

Miss you....So Sad you didnt come tonight :p

I saw Boston 2 times, Toronto and Ottawa other than the Montreal concerts

Going to Boston for the third time this tour next week

See you there girl?

Frederic :)

Back
Top Bottom