MERGED --> Two memberships is bad - the rumour is true!! + Important information for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
Two memberships is bad - the rumour is true!!

If you read the bottom of this ticketmaster info, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Rumours of having two memberships is true!!

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

U2
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA
Fri, Apr 1, 2005 07:30 PM
Price | Seating Chart Email this Event to a Friend

US $49.50 - US $165.00
Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.
Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

The last part is what scares me. If you want to go to two different shows you have to get someone else to buy the tickets using their card and name and your code. If not ticketmaster will shaft you. I dont even know if you're code will work with their name etc. Damnit!!

I would think that if you have two codes to use, they both will work once each.

I don't think they will cancel an order for a code that has only been used once, no matter who's name is on the credit card.

If you paid the 40.00 membership fee twice then you get two chances at tickets.

Yes but if you bought two memberships you get two codes but now that doesn't matter. If ticket master sees the same name for two different purchases...WHAM!! You lose the tickets.

I don't see any problem in that statement...

:shrug:

As someone stated above, you should be fine

Last edited:
artdirector said:
Yes but if you bought two memberships you get two codes but now that doesn't matter. If ticket master sees the same name for two different purchases...WHAM!! You lose the tickets.

I would never risk having the two memberships in the same name. I have one membership and the other one is my father's who lives in Miami. Two different CC #, addresses & names. I will reimburse him for what tickets I buy with his membership, he's 70 and doesn't exactly what to go to any shows, although he did threaten to keep the keychain/membership card.

Well, I have 2 under the same name, but since I will not be using them to purchase tickets in the same venue, I am not so worried... However, the way I read it, you should still be able to use both to buy for the same show if you so wanted to...

Cool. I have different names to. If he buys one pair for u and you buy the other under two different names ur fine but for those using the same credit card ie. ME!
I'm going to have find someone as desperate as me to buy them for me using their credit card. And U know how people can be with their credit. DAMNIT!!

"This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card."

Lets see what happens tomorrow. I have a feeling ticketmaster will not be able to handle the load of buys we're going to see when the doors open.

"This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card."

-What's a duplicate order?

What if you have two memberships on 2 different credit cards, but the billing address is the same on both? Two members of my family bought memberships and we all live at the same address. Are they threatening to cancel both our orders because we live at the same house, even if they're for two different people?

Jon

Last edited:
Jon maybe. Some people may not think so but with scalpers etc. can happen according to them. I don't want to chance it.

It sounds like this applies to duplicate orders of the same show. If you use your multiple subscription for the same show, it may prove problematic but if it`s for 2 different shows I`m sure you`re okay. There`s no way they`d be able to track that, I don`t think!

SHIT!!! Sorry for cussing but looks like we may screwed on seeing more than one show... sorry I'm a bit selfish with seeing them live.

Important information for people with two codes

I just got off the phone with ticketmaster - If you use your 2 tickets with one code and attempt to buy tickets with the other code one of your orders will be cancelled

of course once the tickets go on sale to the general public you can buy as many as you would like (up to eight at a time)

you have to make sure the name, address, cc info on the account isn't the same. If any match, there is a chance it will be cancelled. My billing address was the same for both memberships, so last week I changed cc billing address on one account.

Who is going to prove to you there are not two people living in your household with exactly the same name?

I have done this on Ticketmaster before, bought tickets using 2 different credit cards, but in the same name.

I have had some hassle from the TM employee while picking them up. He informed me you cannot do this, but gave me the tickets anyway. HE was nice enough to tell me that next time, just charge the tix to 2 different cards (ie. Visa + AmEx), and then pick them up at two separate times.

Re: Important information for people with two codes

nurse chrissi said:
I just got off the phone with ticketmaster - If you use your 2 tickets with one code and attempt to buy tickets with the other code one of your orders will be cancelled

of course once the tickets go on sale to the general public you can buy as many as you would like (up to eight at a time)

But surely that just applies to one show, right? Can they possibly track me purchasing 2 tix for San Diego then 2 tix for New York with 2 different codes?

They'd have to look at every single person who purchases tickets! Too time-consuming in my opinion...

Re: Important information for people with two codes

nurse chrissi said:

I was worried about this from the beginning which is why 1 membership is in my father's name who lives in a different state and has a different CC # and the 2nd membership is mine with my information.

Oh, and I don't know anything bad will happen otherwise, I'm just very cautious with this type of thing and don't like to leave things to chance.

yeah i just double checked with them:

both me and my flatmate have memberships but i was going to do all the buying using my credit card. however ticket master says that if the same name adn address pops up they'll cancel both of them regardless of the fact that the actual u2.com membership belongs to 2 different people and was paid for by 2 different people etc etc
which means i now have 30 minutes tomorrow mornign before pre-sale in which to convince my sister to let me use her credit card!!!
not looking very promising

i just changed my billing info at u2.com and ticketmaster.com to my work address. Just in case. My hubby has a membership too so I left his with our home address, different cc. He's gonna buy for a different show than me anyways.

But I am going to play it safe as others have mentioned on this thread.

digsy said:
yeah i just double checked with them:

both me and my flatmate have memberships but i was going to do all the buying using my credit card. however ticket master says that if the same name adn address pops up they'll cancel both of them regardless of the fact that the actual u2.com membership belongs to 2 different people and was paid for by 2 different people etc etc
which means i now have 30 minutes tomorrow mornign before pre-sale in which to convince my sister to let me use her credit card!!!
not looking very promising

Digsy...is it definately same name AND address...I was going to try & get round this by using my boyfriends credit card...obv the names will be different but the billing address will be the same...I'm wondering if that will still cause a problem :huh:

Back
Top Bottom