MERGED->GA rules and setlist details posted! + why 2 lines + I'm gonna miss lining up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cardosino said:

Looks to me like they're giving the hardcore fans who COULDN'T camp out all night a chance. Way to go U2 !

The people that can't camp out, are the people that just dont want to camp out, or go through the trouble. Anybody who has a GA ticket that really wanted to be up close would get work off a months head of time, they would find a solution to the problem, wether they have to watch kids, they could get a babysitter, or maybe you have to fly in from a far off place, fly in a day earlier. Im not saying that the fan that is there is a better or bigger fan, just a more devoted fan, that is willing to sacrifice his time, to get a good spot on the floor. But please no more excuses for people that cant camp out or whatever, there is always a solution!

*Ally* said:

i have NO problem with U2 wanting to give all fans an equal shot. BUT they should have made this known BEFORE tickets went onsale. these are no longer "General Admission" tickets, they are "Lottery Admission" tickets.

No doubt. But perhaps, and I'm not making excuses, with all of th eothe rproblems asociated with putting the tour together, Edge's illness, scheduling venues, etc, it seemed lilke a lesser priority issue to address ? Who knows.

macphisto23 said:

The people that can't camp out, are the people that just dont want to camp out,

No, there's a world of difference between "can't", and "don't".

macphisto23 said:

or go through the trouble. Anybody who has a GA ticket that really wanted to be up close would get work off a months head of time, they would find a solution to the problem, wether they have to watch kids, they could get a babysitter, or maybe you have to fly in from a far off place,

I had to give up 2 Staples shows entirely because I HAVE to fly to Asia with a $70M/year customer the morning after Anaheim 2, that's not negotiable.

macphisto23 said:

they wouldn't exactly see my point of view. That's a CAN' fly in a day earlier. Im not saying that the fan that is there is a better or bigger fan, just a more devoted fan, that is willing to sacrifice his time, to get a good spot on the floor. But please no more excuses for people that cant camp out or whatever, there is always a solution!

You can't say that unless you're walking in everyone else's shoes, or unless you're ESP capabilities are bit better than everyone else's of course.

macphisto23 said:

The people that can't camp out, are the people that just dont want to camp out, or go through the trouble. Anybody who has a GA ticket that really wanted to be up close would get work off a months head of time, they would find a solution to the problem, wether they have to watch kids, they could get a babysitter, or maybe you have to fly in from a far off place, fly in a day earlier. Im not saying that the fan that is there is a better or bigger fan, just a more devoted fan, that is willing to sacrifice his time, to get a good spot on the floor. But please no more excuses for people that cant camp out or whatever, there is always a solution!

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

I worked out all the things involved to be there for the whole day well in advance. Taking time off work, getting a babysitter for my son etc...

As is said..there is always a solution..if you want it enough!

Last edited:
no solution is going to please everyone

there are people who make arrangements and can camp out all day in an effort to get close

There are people with jobs, family and other obligations that just cant make those arrangements.

I was at the rehearsals last night and there isnt going to be a bad spot on the floor, espcially is the stage is pushed toward the center of the arena like it was at the Sports Arena

Now stop belly aching and consider yourself fortunate you get to see your favorite band at all, there are people in places like TX, FL, IA, MO, Australia, Japan, South America that have to wait several more months or may NEVER get to see the show so keep things in perspective

cardosino said:

No, there's a world of difference between "can't", and "don't".

IMO, the majority of people dont want to camp out, but still want a good place on the floor- I rephrased it!

I had to give up 2 Staples shows entirely because I HAVE to fly to Asia with a $70M/year customer the morning after Anaheim 2, that's not negotiable.

Great to hear! But I dont understand where your going with this??? Your not going to the show, so there is no need to wait in line? But if you were going to the show and you had GA's, then you would find a solution to whatever problem you had, and be there camping out, if you really wanted to be up close!

You can't say that unless you're walking in everyone else's shoes, or unless you're ESP capabilities are bit better than everyone else's of course.
There is never a cant that you cant overcome in life, yes I can say this for everyone, anybody that truly wanted to be there camping out, could in fact find a solution one way or the other to there problem. Planning ahead has alot to do with it, but still there is always a way to make it work!

cardosino said:

No doubt. But perhaps, and I'm not making excuses, with all of th eothe rproblems asociated with putting the tour together, Edge's illness, scheduling venues, etc, it seemed lilke a lesser priority issue to address ? Who knows.

But the fact they seem to have come up with a MUCH more complicated policy doesn't make it seem like it was a lesser priority. Had it been a lesser priority, it wouldn't have been addressed at all and left up to the venues as last time.

Also, as somebody who has worked in venues, as both security and guest services, I can tell you that this sounds like an awful lot of work for people who get little money and usually don't give a half a shit about what fan gets in when. I'm sure this is the last thing they want to do - dealing with policing lines, enforcing numbers, irate fans who can't go in with the group of people they came in and so on. From personal experience, I can tell you the venues and their employees would have preferred the old way, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

macphisto23 said:

Pompous BS

Perspective

This happened yesterday:

"Lebanese security forces on Sunday were investigating the bombing of a mainly Christian neighborhood of Beirut that came just hours before the traditional midnight Mass celebration of Easter.

Up to eight people were reported injured after what is believed to be a car bomb exploded in the industrial district Saturday night.

The attack is the third to hit Christian areas in Beirut since March 19 and is another blow to a nation with deep political divisions after the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri."

So to read all of your posts whining about the GA policy is comical. I'm going to the concert and happy just to be in the building. Happy Easter.

Re: Perspective

quasi1970 said:
This happened yesterday:

"Lebanese security forces on Sunday were investigating the bombing of a mainly Christian neighborhood of Beirut that came just hours before the traditional midnight Mass celebration of Easter.

Up to eight people were reported injured after what is believed to be a car bomb exploded in the industrial district Saturday night.

The attack is the third to hit Christian areas in Beirut since March 19 and is another blow to a nation with deep political divisions after the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri."

So to read all of your posts whining about the GA policy is comical. I'm going to the concert and happy just to be in the building. Happy Easter.

the whole point of this forum is to talk about the U2 tour. yes, in the grand scheme of things, tour is of minimal relevance. but to some fans it is important, and this forum is a place to discuss it.

we are all lucky to be alive. does that mean that we should never get upset about anything? perhaps, but that's unrealistic.

Friends in line

This system is ridiculous. I was a junior in high school and went with three buddies to the Elevation show in Cleveland. We got there around noon; at 1 we received wristbands for the heart and all ended up being in the front row. We were inches from Edge in the Heart and only a guardrail and burly secuirty guard separated us from the stage. It was awesome.

This tour we got GAs for Chicago on May 7 and in Cleveland Dec. 10. Each time we're going to have a group of 8 people. This means that like two or four (at best, statistically) of us will be in the egg while the other six or four of us get left with our dicks (or vaginas) in the wind. How do you decide who to take with you if your number gets called? Now you're differentiating between who is the biggest fan in the group. Some of the people in our group haven't been to a U2 show before. There's another factor. I think U2 is alienating their younger and hardcore fans with this policy. We were going to get there the afternoon before the show and wait in line. Yeah we have school but sacrifices have to be made. This is a disaster. All I ask is that, by waiting the longest (therefore earning my place), I get a better spot than everyone who gets there after me. How is that not fair? I don't care if you have a job and can't wait in line. I guess you aren't that big of a U2 fan if you can't find a way out of it. I have school. I'll make arrangements with professors ahead of time. You buy these tickets months in advance. You can get out of work or school.

How many more chances am I going to get to see U2? I'm young and unfortunately wasn't able to appreciate music until U2 was at least halfway through their careers. They have never done anything like this to their fans before; I know that.

I have to hope either these rumors aren't true or, more likely, fans revolt before at least one of my shows and the old system is adopted.

u2rulesmyworld said:
no solution is going to please everyone

There are people with jobs, family and other obligations that just cant make those arrangements.

Why do people think that those of us who are camping out all day don't have obligations? I work 70-80 hours a week as an art director, I get about 6-7 days off a year, I have a mortgage, a wife, etc. I made the sacrifices. I personally am not that worried about it yet, I know we have good tickets regardless of what happens. But some of the folks on this board that think we are hippie bums need to back off this lame reasoning. It's insulting.

Honestly, you aren't that big of a fan if you can't make plans ahead of time to call off work or avoid other obligations to camp out.

I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE FLYING TO ASIA. GO TO ANOTHER SHOW.

How many shows are there? 50? 70 so far? You are getting your tickets MONTHS IN ADVANCE. I just bought my Cleveland tickets for December. DECEMBER. That's 8 months away. 8 MONTHS.

MAKE PLANS. Don't be a pussy and say you have other obligations. Get out of them. Period.

raincloud said:

Why do people think that those of us who are camping out all day don't have obligations? I work 70-80 hours a week as an art director, I get about 6-7 days off a year, I have a mortgage, a wife, etc. I made the sacrifices. I personally am not that worried about it yet, I know we have good tickets regardless of what happens. But some of the folks on this board that think we are hippie bums need to back off this lame reasoning. It's insulting.

well said! :up:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Perspective

*Ally* said:

the whole point of this forum is to talk about the U2 tour. yes, in the grand scheme of things, tour is of minimal relevance. but to some fans it is important, and this forum is a place to discuss it.

we are all lucky to be alive. does that mean that we should never get upset about anything? perhaps, but that's unrealistic.

True. But there are some things, like concerts, where, in my opinion, it's not reasonable to get upset if you have a ticket to the show that gets you into the building. Whining that you aren't allowed to wait all day in line to be in the front row is ridiculous. This is a forum for U2 and even in this secluded world, I think doses of small reality can't be bad. I'll bet if Bono mentions the bombing during the show, which he may, half of the people will have no idea what he's talking about and will blindly pump their fists during Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Last edited:
kweber7 said:
MAKE PLANS. Don't be a pussy and say you have other obligations. Get out of them. Period.

I have to agree! :yes:

The hardest of the hardcore fans do what it takes to do these shows, you're either in or your out...

I'm perfectly willing, like many others, to 'camp out' in line and I've planned accordingly.

There were no problems with the GA situation last time around so I don't see why it needs to be "fixed"...

Last edited:
Re: Friends in line

kweber7 said:

How many more chances am I going to get to see U2? I'm young and unfortunately wasn't able to appreciate music until U2 was at least halfway through their careers. They have never done anything like this to their fans before; I know that.

I have to hope either these rumors aren't true or, more likely, fans revolt before at least one of my shows and the old system is adopted.

Wow how selfish of you...

Exactly. I'm a poor college student. Driving to Chicago is expensive. We all have to make sacrifices. I'll have to make arrangements with professors. All of us will. We all have class. We all are poor. We all have work obligations. Guess what, that's why we have three-8 months ahead of time.

A couple of thoughts.. first off, for those of you saying there are 1000 or less people on the floor, i can prove that to be way off the mark. i have ga tickets to 4 different fleet center shows. now these tickets have section and seat numbers on them (in order for ticketmaster to keep track of how many are sold). for 1 show, i have ga sec0, for another i have ga9.. so this being said, there were at least sections 0-9 sold, or 10 sections. also, the seat numbers on one of my tickets is 240 something.. so one can assume they sold at least 250 seats per section... who knows, maybe it was 300... point being, i know for sure it is at least 250 each for 10 sections, so there must be at least 2500 people on the floor..
my second thought is this.... this news at %%u2.com is probably not even true. i mean, the concert is tomorrow.. don't you think the san diego arena would have released this kind of info, seeing as the show is f'in tomorrow!

kweber7 said:

Why don't you take a break from calling people names and consider the fact that some people have jobs where certain times of the year vacation time can't be used, have jobs or obligations that don't allow for planning way ahead, just try and think outside your little high school or college world of yours.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Why don't you take a break from calling people names and consider the fact that some people have jobs where certain times of the year vacation time can't be used, have jobs or obligations that don't allow for planning way ahead, just try and think outside your little high school or college world of yours.

:yes:

beatlesboy said:

Hmmm... "Oval brokering"... :hmm:

This raises an interesting point. If 2 people go together with GA's and BOTH are drawn for egg wristbands, then the 2 people will have a total of 4 wristbands.

Two potential problems coudl be 1) Selling these wristbands to other GA holders who didn't get their number drawn. This would allow those undesireable 'yuppies' to get in anyway. 2) Does anyone know the process for getting into the Egg once in the arena? If you only need the wristband and not a ticket, can't you just sell the extra wristbands to people with nosebleed seats and they use their nosebleed tix to get in the door and then their wristbands to get intot he egg?

I am going to tell ya, as a U2 fan I wouldn't do it, but if I was a more unsavory character and my friends got screwed over with the pre-sale(which many of them did) I might be tempted to get them into GA this way.

it sure shows there's a lot of Me, Me, Me's in the U.S., as if we didn't already know that. It's embarassing, and to fellow U2 fans the world over, all Americans aren't like that, tho it sure seems so.

The childish, immaturity, and stupidity of this are just unbelievable. Mommy must not have potty trained such people:

Watch for people to flip out, especially those attending the show in larger groups (say 4, 6, 10 ppl together, etc).

but this is even more asinine:

I do agree that this is unfair for the really, really, really hardcore fans (the ones going to like 12 different shows with GA tix).

I'm sure U2 is sick of seeing the same people night after night right in front of them. There are many long time fans, new fans, everybody who should be there at the front, and now everyone has that opportunity, and that is the way it should have been last time as well. Grow up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom