Melbourne 2 - Set List and Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When i woke up this morning i was dissapointed by the dissapearance of The First Time.

Setlist leaves me feeling happy. Bad :drool: Until The End Of The World :drool: The First Time :drool:

Still Haven't Found :(

I wish i'd stayed up for the party.

Although no Zoo Station? Bastards!

OMG what everybody has said and more!!!! Last night's show was AMAZING!!!

Still getting my thoughts together over the whole day.

My daughter and I were lucky enough to meet Bono (still can't believe it!!!!!) as he arrived at about 2.30. More on that in other threads and pics later....

and then to be present at such a show was more than I could ever have wished for. :)

Bono was laughing - he just loved it!! I don't think I have ever seen such a broad smile on his face... he was pumped!
The crowd was fantastic. We were in seats but just watching that GA crowd go off was amazing.

How lucky we were - The First Time was beautiful and Bad ...well it was effing AWESOME!!!

gotta go and make my hubby his coffee...be back later...

Oh and Axver ....saw you in the GA line just as you were going in...WooHoo what a night eh?

A solid setlist, although Zoo Station shouldn´t be removed.
Great to see The First Time and Bad back.

Now, let´s get that One Tree Hill in Auckland!

Bad was played unexpected. The boys had a quick gathering and bad started right after Kite. I lost it! I was jumping around mad with my mates..What a song finish the night off..1st had more energy than second night..better setlist on second night:drool:

gr@cie said:
Oh and Axver ....saw you in the GA line just as you were going in...WooHoo what a night eh?

Heh, there seems to be a common pattern of people spotting me as GA goes in! :lol:

Damn, that show was so amazing. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen, and so much better than the first Melbourne show. What a difference a day makes. I feel that out of the five Aussie shows I saw, Melbourne II was best, followed by Sydney II then Sydney III, Melbourne I, and - it's hard to put this last - Brisbane. All shows were great.

What I find interesting is that Yahweh and Walk On have disappeared after Sydney I. I wonder if either will show in Auckland. I really thought that Walk On was going to be played last night - but instead we got The First Time! :drool:

Axver said:

Damn, that show was so amazing. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen, and so much better than the first Melbourne show. What a difference a day makes. I feel that out of the five Aussie shows I saw, Melbourne II was best, followed by Sydney II then Sydney III, Melbourne I, and - it's hard to put this last - Brisbane. All shows were great.

that makes me so jealous!!!! :mad: there were still tickets left at 4:30pm yesterday, but Dad wouldn't take me.

Last edited:
One part of the setlist that pleased me was Angel Of Harlem following Beautiful Day. I felt Adelaide/Melbourne I's combination of BD/Stuck/Angel/SYCMIOYO was a bit awkward, going from jubilant to sombre to jubilant to sombre.

COBL_04 said:
that makes me so jealous!!!! :mad: there were still tickets left at 4:30pm yesterday, but Dad wouldn't take me.

If I were you, I would have just bought a ticket anyway and jumped on a train/tram.

Axver said:
One part of the setlist that pleased me was Angel Of Harlem following Beautiful Day. I felt Adelaide/Melbourne I's combination of BD/Stuck/Angel/SYCMIOYO was a bit awkward, going from jubilant to sombre to jubilant to sombre.

If I were you, I would have just bought a ticket anyway and jumped on a train/tram.

That's not helping!!!!!

They were $199 bucks, A Reserve, and I don't know....my parents don't like the idea of me getting public transport at that time of night.

.....well its all over....just checked out of my hotel...ive a few hours before my flight back to Adelaide and the Melb. rain is back!...cool that it waited until after the shows to rain!....see ya'll

:drool:

:ohmy:

:sad:

Well I'll throw my 2 cents in! Just awesome last night. To finish off with Bad was just incredible - you can just sing your bloody heart out to it!

Agree with you Gr@cie, Bono was having a ball!

What a night :up: :up: :up:

U2Man said:
hi KBRY.

Long time, no see.

Hi U2Man

Just getting back into things with the new shows.

Sounds like the band are treating the Aussies to some great gigs!

WHAT AN AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING NIGHT! OMG OMG OMG I literally felt i was floating out of my body last night.

We were in the inner ellipse though at the back, as we had front row for melb 1 (and omg...having Adam play his bass for you and stand there grinning at you for a minute is as close to a perfect moment for me EVER IN MY LIFE) but more on that later

i can't believe they played The First TIME! I screamed when i heard the first notes...i was so overjoyed! One of the film crew guys was standing next to me and he put his arm around me and my friend and sang the whole song with us. I was impressed one of the film crew was such a big fan (he was one of the ADs)

they filmed the first night, mostly crowd shots....i am absolutely horrified if my face ends up on screen. The boom wasn't annoying until they seemed to get bored of it and left in hanging in my view of the middle of the stage! :mad:

Lst night they seemed to be doing different shots of Larry, over his shoulder in front on the side hand held cameras...should be interesting!

The FLY WENT OFFFFFFFFFF! (it is my favourite song) and PARTY GIRL! omg!
and then to top it off BAD. COME ON!

IT was a great night, the crowd on the most part (minus the drunk bogans that seem to have no money to buy actual clothes, but enough to buy a $100 ticket) hahaha was BRILLIANT!

it was a great night to end on...and yes, i cried a little bit....but Adam....guh...so beautiful!

Oh yes and for people who like this kind of thing (IE MYSELF....who hyperventilated hahaha) Bono kissed Adam softly on the lips. The BEST MOMENT OF THE NIGHT. OH YEEEEEEAH

dazzlingamy said:

Oh yes and for people who like this kind of thing (IE MYSELF....who hyperventilated hahaha) Bono kissed Adam softly on the lips. The BEST MOMENT OF THE NIGHT. OH YEEEEEEAH

Get back to PLEBA!!!! :wink: :lol: YESSS!!! I squealed I have to admit it!

GA was pumping like a heart...it was so cool and you were so lucky :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone :wave:

I have also just arrived home just now from spending the last few days on Planet U2 :wink: feeling very tired and rather disorientated, haha! But incredibly elated nonetheless!

I got to see 3 shows all up (Sydney III, Melbourne I & II) but last night was by FAR the best ever!!!!

All I can say really is

ABSOLUTELY MAAAAAGNIFICANT!!!!!!!

It was just such an incredibly JOYOUS experience, my heart will be glowing for weeks I'm sure of it! The audience were just incredible and you could definately tell that the boys were lapping it up and giving it all back in return .. it was just stunning! Along with everyone else, I was singing my little lungs out from start to finish ... infact, at times, the collective singing was so loud, you could barely hear Bono, haha! :wink:

Now, it's been almost 13 years since I saw them last, and I'm totally blown away by how INCREDIBLE they sound. Totally blown away .. and last night was no exception!!!

I feel soooooooo damn lucky that I got such excellent GA spots for all the shows ... managed to get barrier spots for each (yay! somethin' to hold onto!!!) Last night was the best though :) On one of Bono's many trips down the ellipse catwalk (on Edgie's side we were) he was looking down into the adoring crowd and stopped dead in front of me and pointed and looked me straight in the eyes

:ohmy:

I'm not sure if I was in trouble or anything, haha :wink: but I must admit, it was quite a thrill! All I could do was goofily smile back!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Aww Man! Is it too late to run away to New Zealand now?!!?!?!?

dazzlingamy said:

hehe :) That was my SECOND favourite bit of the night :wink:

I think I was hyperventilating for the entire show though! :ohmy:

WOW!!!!!!!!!

For my first u2 concert ever Melbourne II was fucking unreal!!!!!

I had a great position, dont know how to explain it but it was 2 rows from the circle bit on the right runway lol. Could pretty much touch Bono when he came on with the Aus falg draped around him :drool:

Just so many moments. I was in tears for the whole of the first time. I wanted it to be played sooooo badly. Love and Peace or else was unreal had Larry 2 metres infront of me for the whole time. Adam also came over to our side too during streets I think (which went off!!!) He was so cool just grinning and jamming almost right infront of me. Didnt get Edge over our side though damn it. The crowd was awesome although I think I saw people sitting in the seats during streets :madspit:

The set list was unreal!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe the end I knew something was happening after kite cause Edge was putting his guitar back on but it looked like Bono was about to leave and then Edge wispered something in his ear. Wow what a night I know I will never forget it. Felt sorry for Kanye West though I thought he was quite good but almost no one was getting into it.

I'm feeling on a bit of a down at moment now though. I waited sooooo long for this and its all over. I just hope and pray they will be back again

jonnytakeawalk said:
Oh and when Bono was introducing the first time and said something like 'we've never played this song on this tour or infact ever' did anyone else think they were guna play window in the sky????

Actually, I think what he said was more along the lines of "we haven't played this in a year". As soon as Edge grabbed that guitar and I realised he wasn't playing Yahweh, I knew it had to be The First Time. Damn, that was awesome - I'd given up hope of the band performing it!

Back
Top Bottom