queuing for pitch area - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 05:18 AM
queuing for pitch area

Does anyone know the set-up for queuing with standing tickets in Europe? I'm trying to buy GA tickets for Paris 9/7/05 and people are saying that there are seperate queues for fanclub tickets and non-fanclub tickets - is this correct? Do fanclub tickets have more chance of getting to the fron or does it work on first come first serve basis?

HELP! I had seats for Glasgow so I'm in the dark!!

Claire x

Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:18 AM
With the exceptions of Brussels and Vienna, all pitch/GA ticket holders at the european shows have had a first come, first served chance to get in the front enclosure. I have not heard of any advantages being given to pre-sale ticket holders or u2.com members.

In the instance that the pitch (pelouse in french) access is obtained from several entrances, obviously those that enter the pitch near the stage rather than at the back, might get an advantage.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trainspotter
With the exceptions of Brussels and Vienna, all pitch/GA ticket holders at the european shows have had a first come, first served chance to get in the front enclosure. I have not heard of any advantages being given to pre-sale ticket holders or u2.com members.

In the instance that the pitch (pelouse in french) access is obtained from several entrances, obviously those that enter the pitch near the stage rather than at the back, might get an advantage.
i agree, most of the european leg of the tour has "first come first served" policy, which i think is right! I was queuing from 12:30 at Croke Park, there were already about thousand or so fans and if i hadn't got into the bomb shelter, it would've been at least strange if not unfair, yes?

Cheers