MERGED --> Is there even a point to trying for MSG tickets on monday? + Who thinks we

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's impossible for me to select the right option in the ticketmaster telephone menus. I try to search for U2 and it puts me on hold to transfer me to a CS rep. It asks me what I'm holding for (U2 in Boston Press 1, U2 elsewhere, press 2, no other options). Continuing to hold is not an option. Pressing 1 brings me to a menu for Botocelli tickets. Pressing 2 brings me to a menu for Dear Leader.

When I tell the system I don't want those, I want U2 - I'm put back on hold and the process repeats!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i got the tickets sold out message at MSG at 9:01

i did get two side stage 200 levels at jersey, however... good enough for me.

what section did you get?

I got NUTTIN. SH!T

If anyone has a ticket or two they are willing to sell to a life long fan for any of the NY/NJ shows, please keep me in mind.

There some big planning issues with this tour...

Just ONE date at U2's biggest city... one date at Madison Square Garden????

the secret ticketmaster word this time was my name -- good luck perhaps? not even close.

film -- does that mean no additional dates ON SALE or no additional dates AT ALL?

Got 2 GAs for NJ 1 ! Wow, I can't belive how lucky I've been with the general sale compared to most people... But don't worry again, my extra GAs will be sold here for vace value.

I had two computers, and my priority was MSG, I got in straight through and asked for 2 best available. I didn't even wait 30 sec., but they offered me crappy seats. Didn't take them.

As soon as finished typing my word for MSG, I turned to my other computer, set for NJ May17th. I got in pretty fast too, ask for 2 best available, waited about 1 minute and got 2 GAs!

It's umbelievable how there is just no tix avaible to the general public for MSG, both in the pre-sale and today. It's not just a question of higher demand. My guess is that the number of house seats (tickets for promoters, band, partners, famous people, etc.) is much higher than any other show because is NYC. Probably less than 60% of the tickets were actually on sale today. This one is going to be one big VIP show. How fun.

Well, I really wanted to see them at MSG, since May 21st is my birthday... I guess the chances are slim now, since so few fans got GAs tix in the first place. I can't complain though, because the other shows went pretty well for me.

U2@NYC said:
There some big planning issues with this tour...

Just ONE date at U2's biggest city... one date at Madison Square Garden????

It's all to build up hype and demand for when they play 6-8 MSG's in the fall, I'm sure.

I got 1 ticket, section 229 row E, to MSG. As it happens, according to the seating chart (which I didn't look at before I bought the ticket), it is just about same vantage point as my seat at the Continental Arena!!!

But it's Madison Square Garden, and I'll be there. After getting totally shut out of the Elevation Tour, this is a nice surprise.

Last edited:
WOW! NY & NJ sold out in 20 minutes! Calling TM on the phone gives you "there are no tickets available for your selection. please contact local media for further information..."

I got some pretty good singles for the second NJ show including Section 111, Row 9 (side stage seat). I threw them all back because I was looking for only tickets in the best lower level sections. Also tried for GAs but no luck.

Was anyone else able to get a GA at MSG? I honestly don't know how I got one. I guess I was just incrediby lucky today, and I should probably buy a lotto ticket. It'll be my first U2 show.

I guess NY / NJ fans will not be very happy this part of the tour...

They might need to do like 10 dates in the Fall between NY and NJ to more or less satisfy demand...

The deal with one show in MSG is that they already have announced 4 dates at MSG for October and chances are that might turn to 6-8 dates. Scheduling at the Garden in May was very tight so unfortunately looks like we only get the one show this spring but Fall will be insane....

I never even got to a page that asked how many I wanted for MSG.... and I have a T1 at work. Hmmmmm.....

I'll just keep posting on this thread begging for tix.

NE1 who has an extra ticket, feel free to give to Numb, he'll gladly pay above face value if necessary.:wink:

avivacat said:
That's awesome dafish1234. Enjoy your first show!

Thanks a lot. I've been trying like crazy to get tickets between the presale and now. I wasn't even gonna try today, but my Professor didn't show up to class within the first 20 minutes and I bolted to see if I could by tickets. What a stroke of luck.

Hopefully somebody got my Section 124, Row 13 seats for the 5/18 NJ show. These are ones I tried to get cancelled after the pre-sale seating chart debacle.

TM finally cancelled my order this morning. Turns out these were really good seats compared to what's been coming up available!

i think i went trough every word in the dictionary trying to get tickets but didn't even get a sniff.

i got one GA for NJ 5/17...i tried for one ticket, best available 49.50 right at 10am..i have a feeling if i asked for 2 i would have got nothing...I'm happy for sure but wish i got MSG, i was hoping for additional dates before October!!!

i cant believe i tried every venue during this gen. sale and couldnt get anything, and out of all cities, i got a ticket to madison square garden. I got section 303 in the nosebleeds, but i just wanted to be in the building. Did it over the phone.

Totally shut out -- my girlfriend and I are on a budget and were trying for $49 upper seats for NJ I or II. But, when I got through on the TM website three (3!) different times, it kept offering me more expensive seats instead.

This was some sort of system error, not because the $49 seats were sold out -- because, on my fourth try, I was shown $49 seats, but the website failed again. By the fifth try, everything was sold out. My girlfriend is crushed.

So, if anyone has decent upper reserved seats to either NJ show, drop me a line, I'd be interested. Thanks.

jon_lemire@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom