Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to know if there is anyone flying on Delta out of Atlanta at 10:15 and arriving in Honolulu at 3:27 pm on Dec 8?????

ahh... i have the atlanta-honolulu flight on the 7th...

SMB

pattip2000 said:
I have to confess I haven’t read all the Hawaii threads yet. I just decided that I was going on Thursday; I have lots of catching up to do.

I wanted to know if there is anyone flying on Delta out of Atlanta at 10:15 and arriving in Honolulu at 3:27 pm on Dec 8?????

I’m a bit nervous about making this flight all by my lonesome, it'd be comforting to know if there will be other interferencers on the plane. If anyone knows of anyone who might be on this flight, please email me pattip2000 @ hotmail.com thanks :wave:

I can’t wait to see everyone. Oh ya, I’m a little excited about that concert that’s going to be there :wink:

Patti!!!!!

Long time girl!

I'm flying out of DCA on AA and arrive on Dec 6. Don't worry about being on a flight alone. I do it all the time. Just be excited, bring stuff so you won't get bored.

skjuls said:

I'm flying out of DCA on AA and arrive on Dec 6. Don't worry about being on a flight alone. I do it all the time. Just be excited, bring stuff so you won't get bored.

Now I'm wondering...Is everyone going to wear U2 stuff on their flights to Honolulu so any fan can identify each other?

When we've flown to concerts before and worn concert shirts, it's usually the flight attendants that are the most excited and like to talk to you.

Mark (Continental Flight #1 from Houston to HNL on 12/8)

skjuls said:

Patti!!!!!

Long time girl!

:hug: I'm not flying alone anymore! I was able to change my flight last night to the same one Mia and her friend are on. I'm so relieved about that. This is all going too quickly, I just started thinking seriously about going on Wednesday, got my concert ticket Friday, plan ticket yesterday, changed flights last night. I think I'm all set now.

About the shirts, I was defiantly going to wear one when I was flying alone: hoping someone might spot it and talking to me. Now that I've got friends to fly with, I might not bather with it. I'll at least have my one band on, that’s a good way to spot undercover fans :wink:

I KNOW you are like the GA queen, please impart any wisdom you may have on me. What time are getting there?

...oh geez...more paranoia for me....Ok...I got my OTA voucher for tickets and hotel. I called the hotel just now and they said they had no reservations in my name! Anyone out there have any experience with this ETS/OTA package deal thingy??? I have emailed OTA and told them this, but was wondering about others experiences?:huh:

Carek1230 said:
^Call your hotel to confirm your reservation. It's what I did after reading all these notices people were getting and I felt soooooooooooo much better after calling. We were told nothing to worry about at Outrigger Waikiki but the desk did say it's going to be a VERY busy congested weekend in Honolulu that weekend!:wink:

All these posts made nervous. I just called the hotel and confirmed the reservations. Whew! Less that 2 weeks away now!

I just got my Bonolulu shirt in yesterday!!!

That's what I'm wearing on the plane out there.

When I went to SD for the opener, I met a U2 fan in the parking lot at the airport heading to LA for the pre-show. Also on my flight there were 4 other U2 fans. So you will not be alone.

I'm leaving from Dallas on the 7th on AA with a connect in LAX. I'm sure there will be lots of U2 folks on that flight out of LAX.

We're flying out of Syracuse to Chicago and then from Chicago to Honolulu. Any New Yorkers leaving on the 6th from Syracuse?

Last edited:
stonecircle said:
...oh geez...more paranoia for me....Ok...I got my OTA voucher for tickets and hotel. I called the hotel just now and they said they had no reservations in my name! Anyone out there have any experience with this ETS/OTA package deal thingy??? I have emailed OTA and told them this, but was wondering about others experiences?:huh:

Well, they may not see your reservation because it was booked through a third party agent... however they should still have some record of it under OTA or ETS at least. Did you ask them to look under either of those booking names? Does any of your paperwork from OTA include any sort of booking number at all?

What do the vouchers say?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! After reading the board here, I called my hotel and confrmed my reservation. I had booked it directly with the hotel..let's hope they will have my room when I get there this Saturday! Wooohooo! So many months and now the trip is right around the corner :)

The email about the Sunset dinner cruise has been sent out this weekend, or is still on its way as we speak. Looking forward to see you all!

Good luck with packing and safe travels!

Hans

PS: I post some info about the RED initiative, with a new addition: red glow sticks :)

http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu/

It's a very simple idea, we will wear or bring something (anything) RED to the concert on December 9.

This can be a red shirt (official (RED) product, or any other red shirt), or anything else that can turn the stadium into a red sea.

Please consider getting red glow sticks, and hold them up during One. You can get them for $0.40 or a bit more (at your local shop, or online). If you can, get some extra, and hand them out to your fellow concert goers :)

Read more about it on the web site and let us know what you will wear/bring :)

An INSPI(RED) night at the Aloha Stadium

If you want to use the banner below in your signature on this message board, follow the instructions on the web site.

Want to discuss this initiative? Go to this thread.

We need you all to spread this message! Please send the link to the web site to your friends, post it on U2 boards, U2 mailing lists. You can use the provided text or banner links on the web site.

Thank you! Mahalo :)

http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu/

perhaps buy 10+ reams of red construction paper once on the ground... that's 5000+ sheets and would put a good dent in the GA line... cheap and easy for everyone to tuck in their pocket on their way into the show.

or in my case, I'll just take off my shirt as I'm sure I'll be red as hell from the sun... :lmao:

Allegra said:
Yay! Red glow sticks!

I'll try my best to get as many as I can this week!

If everyone in here buys 10-20, think how cool the place would look!

Gonna have any problem getting them on the plane? Maybe a suggestion if so.........send them to your hotel ahead of time. :wink:

Carek1230 said:

Gonna have any problem getting them on the plane? Maybe a suggestion if so.........send them to your hotel ahead of time. :wink:

Yeah, I was afraid you were going to say that. But if it ain't on the list of things I can't bring, I'm bringing them with me. I've got to double check that list anyway since I'll be shopping for small bottles for my bathroom crap.

AAAaaaahhhhhh!!!! These new rules suck!

I completely forgot about all of the new flight rules. I guess I'll have to read up on that. :huh:

Anyone here flying out of Sacramento? I'm on Hawaiian Airlines directly to Honolulu on the 5th.

Can't you just put them in your carry-on bag(s)?? "Liquids" are allowed in checked bags, after all. Just put them in a plastic bag or two (like you do for toiletries) if you're paranoid they'll break and make a mess.

Regarding airport security, it's been my experience, post-9-11, that the smaller the city, the more security "fun" you endure...for example, LAX doesn't make you take your shoes off, Indianapolis does (and they get snippy with you too! haha). I haven't flown since the liquids ban, so I dunno if that's still the case...

Minneapolis:
"We recommend you take off your shoes."
"Really?! Or does that mean, 'take your shoes off'?"
"[laugh] Yeah, actually, take your shoes off."

LAX:
"..."
"... [shoes don't come off]"
[metal detector doesn't go off]

Indianapolis:
"Do I need to take my shoes off?"
"<i>Yes!</i>"
"...oh! I just asked because I saw people doing it, but in LA they don't make you take them off..."
"Well, that's the RULE, they should!"
:rolleyes:

rosephile said:
Regarding airport security, it's been my experience, post-9-11, that the smaller the city, the more security "fun" you endure...for example, LAX doesn't make you take your shoes off, Indianapolis does (and they get snippy with you too! haha). I haven't flown since the liquids ban, so I dunno if that's still the case...

Minneapolis:
"We recommend you take off your shoes."
"Really?! Or does that mean, 'take your shoes off'?"
"[laugh] Yeah, actually, take your shoes off."

LAX:
"..."
"... [shoes don't come off]"
[metal detector doesn't go off]

Indianapolis:
"Do I need to take my shoes off?"
"<i>Yes!</i>"
"...oh! I just asked because I saw people doing it, but in LA they don't make you take them off..."
"Well, that's the RULE, they should!"
:rolleyes:

Well my dad works for TSA and he says you really should take your shoes off. It is in the rule book. Also, before I didn't have take off my 2 year's shoes but now I do.

Airport security aren't supposed to be different but they are.

If you don't want them to single you out take your shoes off.

I have flown this year from DC, Baltimore, Miami, and Louisville and well everyone wants your shoes off.

Taking off shoes reminds me of when we were flying back from Africa, we had to also take off our belts. Usually not a problem, except I'd lost so much weight from a parasite I literally needed both hands to hold my pants up! By the time it was my turn, security was looking at me like, just forget about it :lol:

:lmao:

I just went to the TSA website and I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. Are people stupid? I cannot believe some of the things that people try to bring on the plane. It makes it look like all of the passengers are from the back woods. Well, I guess since airline tickets have been getting more and more affordable. What I mean is you get some yahoo who's never been in a plane before and thinks it's like getting into his own pickup truck.

First the serious stuff...

What Can I Bring?

On Tuesday, September 26, TSA adjusted the ban on liquids, gels, and aerosols.

Air travelers may now carry liquids, gels and aerosols in their carry-on bag when going through security checkpoints.

With certain exceptions for prescription and over-the-counter medicines, baby formula and breast milk, and other essential liquids, gels, and aerosols, the following rules apply to all liquids, gels, and aerosols you want to carry through a security checkpoint.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be three ounces or smaller.
All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.
Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats. They are intended to help air travelers bring essential toiletries and other liquids, gels and aerosols for short trips. If you need larger amounts of liquids, gels and aerosols such as toothpaste or shampoo, please place them in your luggage and check them with your airline.

To ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers there are no limits on the amounts of the following liquids, gels and aerosols you may carry through a security checkpoint:

Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling;
All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.
You are not limited in the amount or volume of these above items you may bring in your carry-on baggage. However, if these items are in containers larger than three ounces, please perform the following:

Separate these items from the liquids, gels, and aerosols in your quart-size and zip-top bag.
Declare you have the items to one of our Security Officers at the security checkpoint.
Present these items for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening.
We have also taken steps to ensure the security boarding areas after you pass through our security checkpoints. Therefore, any liquid, gel, or aerosol such as coffee or soda purchased in the secure area after you process through a security checkpoint is allowed aboard your plane.

A printable version of the prohibited items listing is available. Prohibited Items List (PDF 164 KB)

To effectively communicate important security information, we translated these changes into a variety of languages. Security Information In Other Languages

You are permitted to bring solid cosmetics and personal hygiene items as such lipstick, lip balm and similar solids.

We ask for your cooperation in the screening process by being prepared before you arrive. We also ask that you follow the guidelines above and try not to over-think these guidelines. Please pack liquids, gels, and aerosols in your checked baggage even if you do not normally check a bag.

In addition to liquids, gels, and aerosols numerous other potentially dangerous items are not permitted in carry-on baggage. We strongly encourage travelers to read more about previously prohibited items to avoid complications during screening.

Now the crazy stuff...

Blasting Caps

Dynamite

Fireworks

Flares (in any form)

Hand Grenades

Plastic Explosives

Realistic Replicas of Explosives

Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)

Fuels (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel)

Gasoline

Gas Torches

Lighter Fluid

Lighters - All lighters are prohibited as carry-on items. Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to DOT exemptions, which allow up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please refrain from bringing it to the airport.

Strike-anywhere Matches - Up to 4 books of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage.

Flammable Paints (See Other Items below for non-flammable paints)

Turpentine and Paint Thinner

Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries

Chlorine for Pools and Spas

Compressed Gas Cylinders - including fire extinguishers

Liquid Bleach

Spillable Batteries - except those in wheelchairs

Spray Paint

Tear Gas

Flammable liquid, gel, or aerosol paint

WTF? Chlorine for pools and spas and liquid bleach? I'd like to meet the person who tried to bring that one on board. Were they planning a little cleaning while on their flight?

u2forlife said:
These "relocation" emails are scary :crazy: Has anyone who is staying at the Hyatt Regency on Waikiki Beach received this email? :ohmy:

Hey there :wave: Good to know you are still comming. I hope that there is no problem with your resevations. As you have read here, there is lots of stuff going on the same week as the concert. I am really curious on how they (stadium staff) will handle this ( parking, opening gates, etc.)

I am loving the glow stick idea! I can't wait.

I will be tons and stick them in my checked luggage.

Shouldn't be a problem! I don't want to be running around day of show looking for glow sticks. I get in late on Friday night.
:) :) I AM SO EXCITED!! I can't stand it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom