ATTN: Chicago Ticketholders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fmattyh said:
No. Is the south side really that bad? As in too dangerous to camp out?

BTW, I was joking about the whole barbecue/volleyball thing if that's what you're referencing.

It's actually on the West side, brushing against the N/S dividing line.

It's just not a great area. I'm from Chicago, went to high school near one of the country's worst housing projects, and I just never feel comfortable around the UC.

Camping out around the United Center would not be the best idea. My dad grew up in that neighborhood and would never let me camp there. (I am 26, not a youngster :D) If I get a hold of a GA I will get up early and get in line. I won't spend the night.

Presale: 5/7 sect 307 row 11

Today's general sale: nothing :sad:

I really hoped to improve on being as far from the stage as possible, but all I got offered today was behind the stage nosebleeds.

Presale for PAID members: 0 tickets

Todays 4 sold out shows: 0 tickets

not happy at all, and i tried my ass off, even was able to call off work for a while

speedracer said:

Well, the only part of the ticket that matters is the unique barcode. They could easily invalidate that and manufacture a new one for a replacement ticket.

More power to you if your ploy works, but I'd be worried.

Ah crap... well what should I do now? I honestly don't want to screw anyone else out of tickets, especially when there are a lot of fans who didn't get anything. Should I call Ticketmaster up? Is there a chance they would just cancel my tickets without informing me and I wouldn't find out until I get to the show and my ticket doesn't scan? I'd like to do the right thing, even though I know Ticketmaster will probably just screw me over in the end.

Anyone have any advice?

Foxxern said:

Ah crap... well what should I do now? I honestly don't want to screw anyone else out of tickets, especially when there are a lot of fans who didn't get anything. Should I call Ticketmaster up? Is there a chance they would just cancel my tickets without informing me and I wouldn't find out until I get to the show and my ticket doesn't scan? I'd like to do the right thing, even though I know Ticketmaster will probably just screw me over in the end.

Anyone have any advice?

They would have to refund your money before invalidating your tickets. I know there are brokers who were able to buy more than 2 GA's (my dad has a buddy who is one) and I am confident those tickets will still be valid.

I think you'll be fine. Hey, I'd be willing to take the risk on your tickets, I, like many others got shut out today. :wink:

Presale:
May 7: 2 tickets, section 313

General sale:
May 9: 1 ticket, section 329

May 10: 2 tickets, section 108

I knew there was a show added before the Ticketmaster rep and if she had been moving just a little bit quicker my 5/10 tix might have been GA...

It's actually on the West side, brushing against the N/S dividing line.
Bah, I must be thinking of Comiskey/The Cell. That's south side, isn't it?

But OK, it definitely sounds like staying the night is not recommended. Is there a "too early" to get there? What I'm asking, I guess, is - if it's not recommended to sleep over there, what time is it safe to arrive?

Sorry, I'm not used to dangerous neighborhoods - I'm from Seattle. We're all nice to each other there. :)

I spent the night at the UC on the last tour for the last show of the 2nd leg. It was freezing cold and started to rain, but not dangerous at all. Don't worry about it...besides it's not like you'll be there alone. As for people worrying about bathrooms... There are the porta-potties of course, but I never used them. There's a community college across the street (Malcolm X). They'll let you use the bathrooms there. The worst thing that happened to me in the 7(?) Chicago shows last time was having some kid yell out a school bus window..."white bitch!" The kid was pretty accurate, so how could I feel bad?:wink:

Pre-sale:
5/7 - 2 seats in section 310, row 14.
Nosebleeds way in the back of the arena!...what a way to treat a loyal fan! :madspit:

General sale:
5/7 - 2 seats in section 229, row 3.
Behind the stage...I did hear a RUMOR of them playing in the round! :eyebrow: If not, I still think these would be better than the nosebleeds in the very back! Anyone disagree???

Does anyone know a good (and kind of cheap) place to stay. Maybe a good youth hostel?

I have tickets for the 12th and I´m coming all the way from Holland. So I have no idea where to look... Thanks!

General sale - GA for the 7th.

Pre-sale - Section 304, Row 6 for the 7th.

Last edited:
squat and squat, but I'm getting 2 GA tix for 5/9 from eBay probably, unless anyone else has a better idea?

Matt, I just spent three weeks in Africa growing eyes on the back of my head so camping outside the UC will seem like a peaceful haven to me! We'll camp if you camp.....

WildHoneyAlways, does your dad's broker friend have any GAs for 5/9?

whasjoewahn said:
Does anyone know a good (and kind of cheap) place to stay. Maybe a good youth hostel?

I have tickets for the 12th and I´m coming all the way from Holland. So I have no idea where to look... Thanks!

Here are a few in Chicago at this website:
http://www.hostels.com/en/us.il.ch.html

You might also want to try out the website www.priceline.com if you want to get a really cheap rate at a hotel in the area.

learn2kneel said:

so does this mean only me and one other person has may 7th GA's?

:up: on using .mac // I'm a member too

I've got GA May 7th. I'll see you there! :)

Sorry--should have explained the legend.

Blue is a pre-sale ticket, Red is a general sale ticket.

Green was going to be scalper tickets, but there are just too many of them....

learn2kneel said:

so does this mean only me and one other person has may 7th GA's?

:up: on using .mac // I'm a member too

I do too! I'll be with my sis but would love to meet up with you all. :)

WildHoneyAlways said:

They would have to refund your money before invalidating your tickets. I know there are brokers who were able to buy more than 2 GA's (my dad has a buddy who is one) and I am confident those tickets will still be valid.

I think you'll be fine. Hey, I'd be willing to take the risk on your tickets, I, like many others got shut out today. :wink:

I sure hope you're right! Still I'm gonna be a bit antsy until the date gets close, worried about getting "the call" from TM.

I'm flying from San Antonio Tx for the show. I'll be in for the 5/7 show:

Section 120, row 8, seat 3 &4.

We need to plan a U2 pre party somewhere before the show. I would love to meet some fellow interferencers.

I have 2 GA for the 9th (presale). I would've tried for the other dates but I quit my crappy job in August so no extra $, and my husband isn't a U2 freak like me :(
Not looking forward to camping out as I am a tired old hag now but I'm sure it will be well worth it!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom