The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here* - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2011, 06:44 AM   #631
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 10:36 PM
I can't speak for the Sanful or the Waffle, but country/local footy is far more passionately supported than the VFL across the state.

Plus, Carlton Dry stubbies for $3.50. Can't go wrong.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #632
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,026
Local Time: 10:36 PM
See the Bombers fly up!
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #633
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Never been to a showdown, are you going? Should be a pretty good match and hopefully a decent crowd.
I want to know if they're going to be rid of those darn bay covers just for this match. Don't know if I'll go, I'll go as far as to admit that I've only been to one AFL game mostly due to the fact that I have nobody to go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
It's gonna be a scoreless draw I reckon.
Why do you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
- we have improved heeaaaps and should be upper echelon of the bottom 8, might even sneak in? Lynch actually did something!
I was surprised at seeing this. I think he kicked 4? Last week I was scratching my head at why the Eagles would have someone in their team who did almost nothing for the whole duration of a match.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #634
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I can't speak for the Sanful or the Waffle, but country/local footy is far more passionately supported than the VFL across the state.

Plus, Carlton Dry stubbies for $3.50. Can't go wrong.
Yeah, I'd say local footy is generally supported more intently than SANFL, but it's kind of hard to tell. I don't know too many SANFL supporters myself, probably because the age group mostly consists of older folk who either barely support Crows/Port (usually the Crows, for obvious reasons) or don't at all. Probably a lot of supporters up in Central's neck of the woods because of their ludicrous amount of success in the past decade (seriously, if there were an AFL team in that position, there would be nationwide protests).

As for myself and SANFL, I'm a right Benedict Arnold - I've shifted from being a Woodville/West Torrens supporter as a kid, to Glenelg more recently, and am now considering going for Norwood because of close proximity to Coopers Stadium. Which I think shows how committed most people my age are to the league, unfortunately.

Also, $3 Coopers stubbies at a lot of footy clubs here. Bloody beaudeeful.fo
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #635
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Sanful or the Waffle
fuck that drives me crazy

it's S-A-N-F-L and W-A-F-L.

not sanful or waffle.

shit.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #636
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I can't speak for the Sanful or the Waffle, but country/local footy is far more passionately supported than the VFL across the state.
SANFL is still quite passionately supported from what I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
See the Bombers fly up!
Really punching above their weight. Well done.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #637
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I want to know if they're going to be rid of those darn bay covers just for this match. Don't know if I'll go, I'll go as far as to admit that I've only been to one AFL game mostly due to the fact that I have nobody to go with.
God, you'd hope so! Since Adelaide are showing signs of being a bit better than last season, hopefully it'll get over 40k. And don't worry about it, my game-attending ratio has slipped a lot in recent years, I've actually gone to fewer games since I moved to the city. Gotta say though, after going to the Rugby sevens last weekend that'd be very different once footy moves to Adelaide Oval - it's an absolute pleasure, and can't come soon enough.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #638
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
God, you'd hope so! Since Adelaide are showing signs of being a bit better than last season, hopefully it'll get over 40k. And don't worry about it, my game-attending ratio has slipped a lot in recent years, I've actually gone to fewer games since I moved to the city. Gotta say though, after going to the Rugby sevens last weekend that'd be very different once footy moves to Adelaide Oval - it's an absolute pleasure, and can't come soon enough.
I don't know about being a 'bit better', that's still in the balance after 2 games. We were very average yesterday and appear to be getting more injuris by every game. There is absolutely no excuse to lose next week, we just shouldn't, the way Port are travelling.

Even after a disappointing loss, I'm still pumped. Such is the optimistic spirit of a young'un.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #639
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,947
Local Time: 09:36 PM
I need to rant.

This Lance Franklin obsession is unbelievable. Best On Ground my arse. And the way Hawthorn fans and the media obsess over every little thing he does even though his game is riddled with errors. 5 goals against a decimated and raw Richmond defence (no Moore or McGuane or Rance) is nothing at all to crow about.

I'd zipped up my jacket over my Richmond guernsey in the final term (not out of shame, as abysmal as we were. It was wet and freezing) ... And this prat Hawthorn fan standing next to me starts raving to me about how amazing Franklin is. He didn't see my Richmond guernsey and he wasn't next to me when me and my mate were tearing into both Franklin and this irrational Franklin fandom (which isn't helped when AFL's leading ignoramus Mike Sheehan claims him to be the best player in the league when in reality he would struggle to make mine and many others' top twenty). Had to bite my tongue. I would just come across as bitter given the scoreboard.

Franklin is the golden child, the poster boy of the AFL. It's an outrage that a true superstar such as Goddard isn't given the same acclaim.
__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #640
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 10:06 PM
I believe, us as AFL supporters, should begin the eternal worship of Patrick Dangerfield.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #641
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine
I need to rant.

This Lance Franklin obsession is unbelievable. Best On Ground my arse. And the way Hawthorn fans and the media obsess over every little thing he does even though his game is riddled with errors. 5 goals against a decimated and raw Richmond defence (no Moore or McGuane or Rance) is nothing at all to crow about.

I'd zipped up my jacket over my Richmond guernsey in the final term (not out of shame, as abysmal as we were. It was wet and freezing) ... And this prat Hawthorn fan standing next to me starts raving to me about how amazing Franklin is. He didn't see my Richmond guernsey and he wasn't next to me when me and my mate were tearing into both Franklin and this irrational Franklin fandom (which isn't helped when AFL's leading ignoramus Mike Sheehan claims him to be the best player in the league when in reality he would struggle to make mine and many others' top twenty). Had to bite my tongue. I would just come across as bitter given the scoreboard.

Franklin is the golden child, the poster boy of the AFL. It's an outrage that a true superstar such as Goddard isn't given the same acclaim.
you'd think he was better than Carey or Ablett the way they rave about him. He's damn good, but his influence is oversold.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #642
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 10:06 PM
He can be as damaging as either on his day.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #643
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Judd is in the same boat for mine, but at least he has some runs on the board. He's a bloody good player, but geez commentators blow some smoke up his ass!

I hate when commentators get stuck on a dumb subject for a whole match. Dwayne Russell would not shut up about Essendon 's 'best football all season' and how poor St.Kilda were, until Paul Roos pointed out that it was infact only round 3, and a lot could change come round 23.

That said the saints window is well shut at the moment. If they can't lift for Rooey they are in trouble, while Essendon, If they can keep that sort of game up for most of the year, look out!

How bout the catters just quietly going about business.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #644
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Carey & Ablett both had far many of those "days" than Buddy though.

Don't worry bout us mate. Top four.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #645
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,026
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Seriously, who on earth would actually think Franklin's better than Ablett?

Also, god I hate the word/name "Buddy".
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
afl, football

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com