Wide Awake In Europe -- Fair Trade Listing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how many local record stores bought up their own stock and are selling them on E-Bay now?

I just think this is a really misguided way to support local record stores. How about do a regular release to local record stores only? Just LET US BUY IT. What did every local shop make on this? $30?

^ This was so important that you had to post it twice in two different threads? I understand the frustration, but geez...

If I get the one I pre oredered from Best Buy, I'll sell it to someone on here.

Hey all, I hope this is still the appropriate "fair trade" threat. I waited for an hour for my local record store to open, got in, and then they told us that they never got any of the records. I'm super bummed. I have an extra Artificial Horizon vinyl that I'd love to trade for WAIE if anyone managed to pick up an extra.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Stealth, check out your PMs.....I have a copy for you :)

I tried every record store in San Diego (of which there are practically none!) and they all said they didn't get it. I hope the one on the way from Vintage Vinyl is okay! Glad to hear a lot of you had good luck though, that's great!

That happened to me too Comet. They never got part of their shipment. I wound up getting mine from Vintage Vinyl's store here in NJ.

There was one more store that said they would get a shipment later today but had no idea if the u2 record would be in it. But I'll be at work later today so I'm just crossing my fingers for the one Vintage Vinyl shipped. Glad to hear you got yours!

I've called all the record stores here in the L.A. area and they don't have it. They either sold out first thing or they simply didn't get copies of it. Anyone have an extra copy or know where I can get one? Please??? :sad:

Hit me up.

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

I tried every record store in San Diego (of which there are practically none!) and they all said they didn't get it. I hope the one on the way from Vintage Vinyl is okay! Glad to hear a lot of you had good luck though, that's great!

did you try Lou's Records in Encinitas? I think that's your best bet for any record sure in san diego. Sadly, san diego sucks for record stores.

did anyone try amoeba in hollywood?

hey if anyone in the UK (OR ANYWHERE ELSE, I'm not that bothered I just REALLY need one haha) has a spare copy I'd be very interested in buying it! I went to my local record shop, who told me they'd have a few copies but then told me this morning they never had any shipped! it was a massive shame as they had tons of copies of all the things I was looking for on Record Store Day a few months ago!

But yes I am very willing to pay a fair price for it, ie. face value plus shipping, if anyone's feeling that generous? Maybe a little more than face value - my address is okcomputer @ gmail .com - hopefully hear from someone! :wave:

did you try Lou's Records in Encinitas? I think that's your best bet for any record sure in san diego. Sadly, san diego sucks for record stores.

did anyone try amoeba in hollywood?

I didn't try Lou's. I didn't even know about it so thanks for the heads up! :hmm:

If I didn't have to work today I would have made the 2 hour trip to Amoeba!

I think at this point I'll just cross my fingers that my order from Vintage Vinyl arrives in good shape.

I didn't try Lou's. I didn't even know about it so thanks for the heads up! :hmm:

If I didn't have to work today I would have made the 2 hour trip to Amoeba!

I think at this point I'll just cross my fingers that my order from Vintage Vinyl arrives in good shape.

Check your PMs :D I've got an idea....

If anybody has an extra copy please PM me. I went to my record store and they were all sold out. I'm obsessed with vinyl and I really wanted to have this :(

Does anyone happen to know of someone who has a copy of the Trent Reznor remix of Vertigo? I'm looking for the promo CD that contains the mix by itself.....If someone has that and is willing to trade it, maybe you'll want a copy of WAIE?

http://www.jr.com/product/music/pm/_1675427/
Check out this link..... It lists the vinyl as Wide Awake in America but the release date is Nov 2010 and the UPC number is exactly that of Wide Awake in Europe. Listed for just $9.99 and this store has been selling WAIE as someone has mentioned this on that site where people are registering their copies. No good to me as they won't ship outside U.S, but those who missed out could well land themselves a cheap copy

If this is WAIE, is there kind forum member that would also purchase me a copy and I'll pay all the costs etc to get this over to the UK!? Thanks!

Last edited:
Please Abbo, dont post that link around the forums anymore. I think its been figured out that its not WAIE....dont want people to spend their money and get bummed out when they dont get what they thought they were paying for.

Just curious what the retail price was for this. I managed to get one off ebay for what seemed like a good price when compared to all the other postings, but I can only assume it's far more than what they're supposed to be going for

Just curious what the retail price was for this. I managed to get one off ebay for what seemed like a good price when compared to all the other postings, but I can only assume it's far more than what they're supposed to be going for

it seems to range from $8.99 up to $16.99

how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom