They're working on new songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUEFC09U2 said:
so if people feel so strongly about disliking this phase, why waste their own time posting in a forum that is dedicated to a new album from the 00's?

What is it your concern if they waste their time here??? :laugh: You get too worked up with the people that complain about 00s U2. Just ignore their posts if it bothers you so much! There's always gonna be lovers and haters of any era. Last I checked, this is a forum, not U2 mass hysteria land!

KUEFC09U2 said:
who said you should be banned for not liking the album? go through the forum, you will see some on the names that have posetd in this thread, posting in various other threads, just express their opinion that they hate the 00's U2, and how they dont look forward to the new album because of it bla bla,

i was being ironic, kind of like the old u2 ;)

so if people feel so strongly about disliking this phase, why waste their own time posting in a forum that is dedicated to a new album from the 00's?

hope, that the next album will be more to their liking perhaps? I dunno, i dont hate this current phase by any means but i do hope next time around they dont leave their better work on the shelf...

Mrs. Garrison said:
There you go, anyone who doesn't like Bomb should be banned! Unless they keep it to themselves and praise every new song or album u2 puts out as "the greatest ever".

I think part of being a u2 fan is appreciating their music that appeals to you, and being able look forward to what they may do next. Not everyone likes the latest work, just as not everyone likes that peroid from 93-97 when the more experimental works came out. I would like to think that everyone can have their equal say here without offending someone who absolutely loves something someone else might not.

And remember too, people's taste not only vary but can change with time. When BOMB first came out i loved it, until i got tired of it and its one that i have trouble really getting back into. I like the fact the Vertigo was a straight up rock song with mass appeal. But other than OOTS and maybe SYCMIOYO the rest of the album was lacking IMHO. With some good songs like "fast cars" and "mercy" floating around i cant help thinking how great it could have all been.

and i do agree with you here:

cheers :)

People like that remind me of those very naughty children that even if we punish them they'll always come around boring with the same old troubles...:huh:

It's not the opinion itself, it's the way it is done and even more, the ammount of it that can get tiring (and the double standards but that's another topic). Beating a dead horse, or something like that.

U2girl said:
It's not the opinion itself, it's the way it is done and even more, the ammount of it that can get tiring (and the double standards but that's another topic). Beating a dead horse, or something like that.

Exactly. People who have joined within the last 3 years yet have absolutely no interest whatsoever in what U2 have been doing since '97, but have 10 thousand+ posts criticising U2 are sad f**king aresholes who (seriously) need to get a life. You know who you are sad f**ks.

Move on; get a life and use it positively. :banghead: :banghead: Twats.

roy said:
Exactly. People who have joined within the last 3 years yet have absolutely no interest whatsoever in what U2 have been doing since '97, but have 10 thousand+ posts criticising U2 are sad f**king aresholes who (seriously) need to get a life. You know who you are sad f**ks.

Move on; get a life and use it positively. :banghead: :banghead: Twats.

Anger management issues? ;)

Granted, there are trolls in this forum sometimes that come in and mindlessly bash either present day U2 or the last album, without giving a thoughtful explanation. But...

a. It is not nearly as bad here as say, the amazon.com HTDAAB album review page, not even close!

b. You DON'T KNOW if people that joined within the last 3 years have interest in U2 stuff since '97 or not! Somebody that joined in say 2005 like myself could be a fan since 1992 (in my case) or even earlier! It's so hard to tell!

c. Criticizing your favorite band every now and then is not a sin. Oh the horror!

d. Having 10000 plus posts (could have been acquired in chat or game threads) have nothing to do with posting about U2.

Honestly, is it so hard to simply ignore the opinions you don't agree with? Sheesh!

And for all the "ignore" and the gleeful "haha what do you care?" talk...you would be doing exact same if the beloved Zooropa or Pop got this treatment so don't try to act like you're above it.

roy said:
You spoilt f**cking twat.

You're out of warnings. You know the rules yet you continue to break them despite warnings from moderators. Your personal attacks to other members needs to STOP.

%20%20penguin%20april%20fool.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom