From The Sky Down - 25.11 - DVD and BD European release date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
singyourlife said:
It's also being broadcast on BBC1 on Monday evening.

Its sunday eveing its on around 10.15pm followed by highlights from the glastonbury gig

Hi,

In a sense I find it a bit annoying if the film gets a separate release that includes additional material since we will already get it with the AB RI (presumably without that additional material!).

However, I would love to get some outtakes of the film, additional material, etc.. even if I have to buy the doc twice, so bring it on!

For anyone in the uk you can pre order from the sky down on blu ray for just £12.99 on play.com everywhere else has it at £17.99 i think theve listed the blu ray at the same price as the dvd by mistake

There's still no listing for it on Amazon U.S.

Why are they waiting so long to release the DVD here? Do they not understand Christmas is coming soon and a lot of people would like to buy this item as a gift (for themselves!)

For anyone in the uk you can pre order from the sky down on blu ray for just £12.99 on play.com everywhere else has it at £17.99 i think theve listed the blu ray at the same price as the dvd by mistake

WOW...just ordered...free delivery to UK and Europe...and with 2% cashback via Quidco it brings the price down to £12.73. The regular DVD is £13.99???

Thanks 'rennowba' for posting this:applaud:

DVD bonus material:
3 x acoustic performances clips (from the band's time at Hansa Studio making the film earlier this year: 'So Cruel', 'The Fly', 'Love Is Blindness'
40 minute edit of the Toronto Q&A press conference
Photo gallery

They are nice, but I'm not sure if they're enough to make me want to buy a second copy after getting a first in the AB super deluxe.....Hard to say. Maybe I'll HAVE SOMEBODY ELSE torrent it....:shifty:

DVD bonus material:
3 x acoustic performances clips (from the band's time at Hansa Studio making the film earlier this year: 'So Cruel', 'The Fly', 'Love Is Blindness'
40 minute edit of the Toronto Q&A press conference
Photo gallery

Oh good. I can ease off a bit on my moral indignation. :wink:

Good to hear it's still December for the European release, but I don't get why they pushed back the US release date for more than a month, that sucks.

This is on my Christmas wishlist, I'm curious about the extras.

It's interesting to see on the cover as shown on U2.com that it says "Director's Cut" at the top.
large.jpg

Hopefully this means that it's the version as shown on the BBC, not the one on the Super Deluxe DVD.

I think it's a whole different version from both versions that have been screened.

Notice the running time is 141 minutes...so hopefully this is the version Guggenheim wanted to present, before the band cut it down.

I want more insight on some of the other songs on that album. I really enjoyed the version I saw on Showtime. My girlfriend, who isn't a huge fan, found it enjoyable and interesting, which makes for a good documentary.

Back
Top Bottom