WTF? "Majority not happy with deluxe version of HTDAAB"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikal said:
when did whining become cool?

It's not cool. A lot of people are doing it now though. I guess I did an uncool thing and whined too. Therefore, I'm going to counter the whining and say I can't wait to get my cd/dvd package and hopefully watch snl tonight!

This aint stupid I am fuc#in annoyed as well at the quality of the deluxe version. What is happening with U2, they never used to do things like this. It is a total rip-off!

FullonEdge2 said:
Oh. And I'm not crazy about the Fast Cars mp3 either. NOT ENOUGH BASS. And you can tell Bono came up with that unimaginative verse style in, say, 10 minutes.

Not enough bass? The second thing I noticed (the first was that the song's damn catchy) is that Adam's doing a really nice job on the bass!

I just went and picked up my copy of the collectors edition and the normal album. You know why I have no problem buying both?

Because I absolutely hammer my cds. Before the advent of being able to rip cds to computer and burn them onto another disk, my cds really didn't have a long lifespan. Not because I'm clumsy with them, but just because I live a hard lifestyle and thus so do they.

And to me? The point of having the collectors edition is to have the colectors edition... in mint condition. And if I listen to it? That won't last long. That being said the copy of the album I got has the dvd too, so I don't need to do anything but put on some white cotton gloves* and peruse the book now.

* yeah, that bit was a joke.

For the whingers:

Maybe use your imagination and buy the vinyl copy.

It has a VERY LARGE picture of the cover.

And it has lyrics

And in about 10-15 years will be worth slightly more $ as a new generation begins to collect U2 material.

ah i bought both of course, you have to if youre a collector. but ill wait some more to buy the single cd w/o the dvd until its cheaper.

Flaming Friar Sr said:
ah i bought both of course, you have to if youre a collector. but ill wait some more to buy the single cd w/o the dvd until its cheaper.

Really? I bought the cd with dvd they charged $30AUD which is the standard price for a normal cd here. Which was why I didn't have any issue with buying it straight away as well as the collectors edition.

Axver said:

Not enough bass? The second thing I noticed (the first was that the song's damn catchy) is that Adam's doing a really nice job on the bass!

I'm thinking it just might be my crappy laptop speakers, but it sounds really mariachi top heavy. The song is alright, but I can definitely see why it isn't an "official" song on the album.

Flaming Friar Sr said:

It was only 10 euro at Media Markt this weekend. I don't know if you can get it any cheaper...

And I have to say that it indeed would have been nice to have the lyrics. R.E.M. does the opposite. Their regular albums often don't have any lyric sheets, but their special editions do. I do think it would have made the package more complete.
Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the special edition and how it gives you a small (and different) insight to their hearts minds.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom