WOOHOO!!! I am gonna see Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink: it's nothing special on there, just a bit about the price and who got it the last couple of years (Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton, Kofi Annan..), that the laudation will be held by our former foreign minister Joschka Fischer and that Bono will be there personally to get the price

Uh... sorry to be the dumb newbie around here, but are tickets for this already sold out? And where can you get them? I think I'm going to D.C. in February to look at colleges, so maybe I can convince my parents to make a side trip. :wink:

U2democrat said:
I'm SO excited :hyper:

My roommate lives in northern virginia so I'll be staying with her folks that night.

I wonder if the tickets are like GA, if you get there early you can get the front seats...?

When I got my ticket I actually spoke to the guy who is running it, Chris someone. From what I remember there were 3,000 tickets and there wouldn’t been assigned seats but they were going to mark the tickets in sections. Like all the people who bought there’s before a certain day would be assigned to a certain section and so on. He said it the only speaker was Bono and he would speak for 1 ½ hours. When I called, I think it was the Monday after it was announced he said they had sold about 2,000 at that point.

Ah cool thanks for that info :up:

Hopefully not many people bought theirs before mine (early December)....

I MUST meet him! I've met almost everyone of my heroes at this point...he's at the top of the list, and just about the only one left. Here's to hoping I get lucky :up:

pattip2000 said:
:bump:

it's getting closer anyone else going?

:wave: :hyper:

Thank goodness I spotted this thread yesterday. I must have missed it in December. Bought my tickets today. According to the woman I spoke to, they should be mailed out in a week and a half.

Here's the link for the press release, which also has a link to purchase tickets (I got mine over the phone though):
h**p://www.asaenet.org/Newsroom/NewsReleaseDetail.cfm?ItemNumber=14542

Bono will be the only speaker, and speak for 1 1/2 hour? that sounds SO Bono :D looooong speeches! but at least his speeches are saying something! ^^ I wish I could go tho...

U2democrat said:
Ah cool thanks for that info :up:

Hopefully not many people bought theirs before mine (early December)....

I MUST meet him! I've met almost everyone of my heroes at this point...he's at the top of the list, and just about the only one left. Here's to hoping I get lucky :up:

I bought mine before YOU, nah nah nah!!!

anjarw said:
:wink: it's nothing special on there, just a bit about the price and who got it the last couple of years (Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton, Kofi Annan..), that the laudation will be held by our former foreign minister Joschka Fischer and that Bono will be there personally to get the price

Totally agree with you. Munich is downright gorgeous..... i love it too. Been there 5 times.....

Here is the link in case anyone is still trying to get tickets. The online purchasing says they are still available.

Click here

I was so close to hitting that purchase button, but I really can´t go since I´d have to fork over a bunch for the airfare.

Please post your experiences!

Last edited:
skjuls said:
Has anybody who ordered single tickets received them yet??

When I ordered mine last Thursday (1/5), they said they would be mailed out in a week and a half. And they just showed up on my credit card yesterday, so they're probably being sent out soon.

bearleft said:

When I ordered mine last Thursday (1/5), they said they would be mailed out in a week and a half. And they just showed up on my credit card yesterday, so they're probably being sent out soon.

I think they tell everyone a week and a half...... Since that is what they told Amy 10 days ago or something like that.

I live in DC but there seems to be a ticket blackhole around my apartment building.

Sigh!!

also, the credit card thing doesn't mean anything. My cc was charged in December.

I go to school in DC and didn't realize he was speaking here until today! but I'm gonna call on Tuesday and hopefully get a ticket (the office is closed on monday for MLK). If I get one I'll be ecstatic because I had GA tickets to one of the D.C. shows last year and couldn't make it...

shallow days said:
I go to school in DC and didn't realize he was speaking here until today! but I'm gonna call on Tuesday and hopefully get a ticket (the office is closed on monday for MLK). If I get one I'll be ecstatic because I had GA tickets to one of the D.C. shows last year and couldn't make it...

I hope that you can get a ticket and come to hear this man speak about the issues and ideas closest to his heart.

I've been at several speaking engagements of Bono's and each one is still imprinted in my heart. :wink:

They're that good.

Let us know what happens for you, shallow days.

BONO - :hug:

Utoo,

I’ve been meaning to send you an email but than again I’ve been meaning to do a lot of things I haven’t gotten to yet. Such is life. I was going to ask if you were going to see Bono speak. If you don’t hear from me in a reasonable time frame email me its pattip2000@hotmail.com, I’m totally up for trying to meet up with those who are interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom