Women's World Cup 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
England seems to think lumping it forward to Jodie Taylor and hoping she can score 1v7 is a sound offensive strategy.

So the PK's were a wash because neither should've been called. Though Japan would've won a dangerous free kick.

Wow what a blunder after such a good performance. Sucks that match ended like that.

Was hoping to see some bonus time. Oh well.

I'm surprised that it took Japan that long to start playing the ball down their right side again.

Football is a cruel sport.

Feel gutted for England. Funny how that can happen. I wanted the Japan-USA rematch but just couldn't help but cheer for England as the 2nd half went on and they created so many chances. They're a different team from a year ago.

And it would've been cool to see England in the final now that I think about it - especially an underdog/underpaid England that you can get behind...compared to another England team.

I still think it sucks they had to drop out of bidding for the 2019 WWC. I believe the FA said they would stop bidding for FIFA tourneys until Sepp is gone? France will be a great host too, but England showed they can fill seats when 80,000 watched the USA-Japan gold medal match in London 2012. So imagine now after all this buzz? Oh well. Not to mention England is 1 hour closer than France to my time zone...but I'll stay up regardless.

Hope they beat Germany, since we won't see them at the Olympics because of the lack of a Great Britain team.

I was watching this morning, heartbreaking stuff for England, and it was just soooo England the way it happened. Felt terrible for all involved, they were so rawly emotional, but at the same time... how do you fuck up that badly??

Bassett just managed to nick the ball with her toe. If she hadn't touched the ball, it would have bounced to an open Japanese attacker 10 yards from goal. Can't really fault her for trying to make a play on the ball there.

As the day goes on there is less sun in the second half. Advantage to the team that is not there first

The announcers have mentioned it several times

you can not understand one goal keeper having the sun in their eyes and the other not as being an advantage in a one off championship game?

you can not understand one goal keeper having the sun in their eyes and the other not as being an advantage in a one off championship game?

Minimal effect, if any.

These women are the best at what they do in the world. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they've played with the sun in their eyes before.

Japan fell behind because they couldn't keep up with the pace. Not because they didn't wear sunglasses.

I do agree not a big effect

In another stadium, I would expect USA to win, but perhaps not as big

A small advantage can make a difference

I think Canada got put out because of this stadium and the sun

They should have played this one someplace else, then you and every one watching on TV would not have had to hear anything about this one goal keeper having the sun in her eyes.

Last edited:
I do agree not a big effect

In another stadium, I would expect USA to win, but perhaps not as big

A small advantage can make a difference

I think Canada got put out because of this stadium and the sun

They should have played this one someplace else, then you and every one watching on TV would not have had to hear anything about this one goal keeper having the sun in her eyes.

Why stop there?

Wind tends to only blow in one direction, which could make shots harder for one goalie. Especially if the winds die down at half time. So let's get rid of wind.

The crowd could be significantly louder on one side of the stadium than the other, so let's get rid of them, too.

One linesman may call a tighter game than the other.

They should really just simulate every game on a computer to make sure nobody gets any disadvantages.

Back
Top Bottom