Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did you do it? I click on the link but there is no form to fill out. Just U2.com with the announcement again.

As they're playing two nights with a limited audience, the performance location pretty clearly has to be some place fairly secluded.

So the ice rink or Brooklyn bridge again are probably not the locations... as if they played there, people would know and people who weren't invited would show up. There would be no way of keeping a crowd out.

That's why I'm guessing the roof of Rockafeller Center... My Chemical Romance and Jay-Z have both done performances up there for the MTV VMAs with small crowds, it's a building run by Comcast/NBC Universal, it's easy to control access, secluded, the Tonight Show advertisements have all heavily featured the skyline, and oh yea... The Tonight Show studio is in the same building.

Clearly just a guess... Could be some other location around the city... there's a bar/club called 230 Fifth that has a rooftop with amazing views that has been used for similar performances in the past, so that comes to mind... but if I had to put money on it? Yea... 30 Rock roof.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

maybe they'll play in a dive pub... werent they doing photoshoots in one late last year?

as long as they dont launch into Fields of Athenry or Irish Rover.. I'd be ok with it

What would be wrong with that? That would be awesome

haha I cant see them doing it without it being some sort of parody..

they hated that kind of thing growing up too..? punk in Dublin was not pandering to that crowd/scene.

But now that they're old and wise, I think it would be phenomenal if they were to embrace their Irish heritage a little more

If nothing else, Wild Irish Rose is enough to convince me you're right. But, that Ronnie Drew tribute wasnt my favorite..

If nothing else, Wild Irish Rose is enough to convince me you're right. But, that Ronnie Drew tribute wasnt my favorite..

Well that was a collaboration and a clusterfuck... so not the greatest of examples.

I'm thinking more in line with Báidín Fheidhlimí that bono did for gangs of new york or even the dying sailor song he contributed to Johnny Depp's pirate song album.

Heck... even something akin to the Celtic tinged songs that Springsteen has done on his last album like Death To My Hometown or American Land.

both amazing cuts.

and not your typical Friday night at the cheesy knock-off Irish pub, where without fail, the shitty trad cover band play Rocky Road to Dublin alongside Brown Eyed Girl. there's so much of that where I live :crack:

Halifax is where all the Celtic-tinged singer songwriters from Cape Breton move to break into the big time, no? :wink:

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Back
Top Bottom