Where are the PLEBA ladies from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm from Toronto, the city that is often called "Hollywood North" because so many movies are shot here, and we are always doubling as Chicago, NY etc. in the movies. In fact, Richard Gere is here at this very moment filming the movie version of "Chicago".

This is also the town in which Bono was bowling a week ago with a bunch of ahem, women, and Edge was wandering around while I slept on, oblivious.
frown.gif
I will kick myself forever for being so stupid.

This thread reminds me of the Miss America pagent where everyone says where they're from and what their city is "the home of"!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
I'm from Indiana Pa. The home of Jimmy Stewart, and the Christmas Tree Capital of the World.
Hey madonna's child I only live 50 miles away from you!!!!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

------------------
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Remember, kids, when asking for candy you should consider replacing "treat" with another delicious word, the birthday boy's name...

TRICK OR LARRY!!!

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
This thread reminds me of the Miss America pagent where everyone says where they're from and what their city is "the home of"!
biggrin.gif

aaaaaaaand....of course....World Peace!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, land of beer, bratwurst, bowling, the Bucks and the Brewers;

I'm currently from Dallas, TX, land of cowboys, big hair, lots of money, lots of makeup, fancy cars, and the HEAT, MY GOD, THE HEAT!
smile.gif

------------------
Disco
------
M.O.M.M. of EBOC
icons.html

------

http://community.webshots.com/user/gudagirl

http://community.webshots.com/user/discoteque
--------------------
*Everybody talkabout...POP muzik!*

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
And I drove through Maple 2 weeks ago, on my way to Hamilton, to see you know who.

2 see me?? J/k
Yup...Maple (u can't miss it...look for yellow sports cars and huge roller coasters)...*lol* U were in both my towns!

(BTW, what's "The Science North?"

Originally posted by ms.hewson
Hey, oakville! You're only about a 20-25 min drive away from Steeltown here!

LOL Mrs. Edge, you are too funny.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I'm from Toronto, the city that is often called "Hollywood North" because so many movies are shot here, and we are always doubling as Chicago, NY etc. in the movies. In fact, Richard Gere is here at this very moment filming the movie version of "Chicago".

This is also the town in which Bono was bowling a week ago with a bunch of ahem, women, and Edge was wandering around while I slept on, oblivious.
frown.gif
I will kick myself forever for being so stupid.

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bluesky:
Well, I'm obviously from Seattle...home of um---grunge, Nirvana, nice people, and RAIN (that is...misty nonstop rain for months and months). What else...oh yeah: the Mariners who lost to the Yankees!
frown.gif

Don't forget the Green River Killer, Ted Bundy, Microsoft, Starbucks, Kenny G, and numerous other eeeevil things...

-Echo (The third Seattleite)

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing the Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 3.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
2 see me?? J/k
Yup...Maple (u can't miss it...look for yellow sports cars and huge roller coasters)...*lol* U were in both my towns!

(BTW, what's "The Science North?"

"Science North" is this stupid science center that everyone talks about. The city's just loves it. If I'm out of town and say that I live in Sudbury, people usually say, "Hey, I've been there with my class. We went to visit "Science North!" And if that's not bad enough, it's in the shape of a huge snowflake. Can you tell I'm from the North? We also have this huge oversized nickle. It's called the "Big Nickle" - original. This place is just way to science orientated for me.

Anyways, I love Wonderland. I go every year. The "Sky Flyer" is my favorite.

i'm from north tonawanda, ny....near buffalo. currently going to college at geneseo, which is near rochester, ny.

north tonawanda is the home to the Wurlitzer organ/jukebox and the carousel, and the Erie Canal...lumberjacks...

geneseo - aka - the most boring place on earth. and it smells bad too. full of escaped prisoners (ok, only sometimes)

buffalo - home to a crappy football team LOL. um...

BUT I'M CLOSE TO TORONTO! haha big city life!
smile.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

I am from Monkton, Maryland Home of Cal Ripkin Jr. he lives 5 minutes from me. Jim McKay from ABC sports lives 10 min from me. Baltimore home of the Superbowl champ Ravens loser Orioles and the second leg of the triple crown and the highest murder rate in the USA per cap. Oh and Maryland Blue crabs.

I don't post much but I am here reding all the time.

[This message has been edited by U2Byrd (edited 10-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Echo:

Don't forget the Green River Killer, Ted Bundy, Microsoft, Starbucks, Kenny G, and numerous other eeeevil things...

-Echo (The third Seattleite)

Oh yeah...and Boeing, amazon.com, Sir Mix-a-lot, everything that has to do with the internet and coffee...
biggrin.gif

LOL I've been to the Herschel Carrousel Museum! AND Geneseo is boring and Buf does have a crappy football team!

The good students go to Geneseo, you must be a smart cookie.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
i'm from north tonawanda, ny....near buffalo. currently going to college at geneseo, which is near rochester, ny.

north tonawanda is the home to the Wurlitzer organ/jukebox and the carousel, and the Erie Canal...lumberjacks...

geneseo - aka - the most boring place on earth. and it smells bad too. full of escaped prisoners (ok, only sometimes)

buffalo - home to a crappy football team LOL. um...

BUT I'M CLOSE TO TORONTO! haha big city life!
smile.gif

Originally posted by madzia:
Warsaw, Poland

My grandmother's entire family is from a little town near Warsaw. I would love to know what it's like to live there.

Anyway, I'm from Goodwell, Oklahoma. What's our claim to fame? We're the "Saddle Bronc Capital of the World." For those who may not know, Saddle Bronc riding is a rodeo event where you ride a crazed horse for 8 seconds. Men from Goodwell have won this event at the National Finals Rodeo more times than men from any other place.

But just know, I'm not a cowgirl. And...I currently live in Norman, Oklahoma, home of the Sooners!

haha senrab lucky u, the carousel museum! they open it for high school kids after prom and stuff. everyone goes on field trips there. i live right by the Wurlitzer organ plant, and its a beautiful building but they've let it go to hell. ah well.

geneseo is good for a few things... like buying cds the day before they are released
smile.gif
but no one knows that, it's a secret
smile.gif

oh, and i throw great parties lol
smile.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

I got into Geneseo, didn't go there though.

LOl I've been to the caroussel museum twice...one time too many. LOL

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
haha senrab lucky u, the carousel museum! they open it for high school kids after prom and stuff. everyone goes on field trips there. i live right by the Wurlitzer organ plant, and its a beautiful building but they've let it go to hell. ah well.

geneseo is good for a few things... like buying cds the day before they are released
smile.gif
but no one knows that, it's a secret
smile.gif

oh, and i throw great parties lol
smile.gif

Originally from LA LA Land(LA)
wink.gif

Am living in Honolulu, Hawaii...home of pineapple and lovers of spam!
eek.gif

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

I'm from Israel, guess I'm the only one...
Well, people here don't appreciate good music, that's all I can say!
And as for some of you saying you're far... well, what should I be saying?!
biggrin.gif

I am new to PLEBA. Anyway, I wanted to let you all know where I am from. I hail from a big suburb outside of Atlanta, GA!! Which is the proud home of the "big chicken"...YEEHAW!

Atlanta home of the: The Atlanta Braves, Coca-Cola, CNN and anything Ted Turner, oh and how could I forget the 1996 Summer Olympics.

San Antonio, Texas!
Yeehaw!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

**too bad there are no smilies with cowboy hats!!**

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom